Spoilers For Monday September 30th 2013

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday September 30th 2013

Post by James Robinson »

So, we've now reached the end of September, but we have possibly an exciting game to finish the month off with, as a battle of Apterites is about to take place :!: :!: 8-) 8-)

Callum Todd is our new champion thanks to his brilliant 6 small finish over Ritch Greenwood in Friday's show.

But, today he faces the challenge of Adam Dexter. Can he overcome this formidable obstacle :?:

Katherine Grainger continues in DC for today and tomorrow, before Michaela Strachan takes over for the rest of the week.

Fresh from his 4th place finish at this weekend's Co:Leam, Graeme will be with you for the recap later on. ;) :) :D
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Re: Spoilers For Monday September 30th 2013

Post by Jack Worsley »

Good game by both of you. The third numbers game in particular was excellent under pressure. Well done to Callum for coming out on top in a close game. Unlucky Adam, particularly with the first numbers game but you played well.

NANOBE in round 4.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

It was a good close game, and you're right about Adam being very unlucky in the first numbers game. Can't believe I didn't realize I could add another G to WAGON! :roll:

During our game Adam told me about apterous and if it weren't for him I would be on this forum now, wouldn't be on apterous, and wouldn't have attended Co:Leam on Saturday, so I have him to thank for all of these wonderful things. Thank you Adam, I look forward to having many great rematches with you on apterous and at future CO: events :)
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

Ask Graeme: When was the last time a teaser answer came up later in the same game?

It was a bit like Sunday's Daily Duel where a conundrum came up as a words round later.
Today I got one of the alt 8s though (stumpier) and didn't spot the numpties again.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
James S Roper
Acolyte

Post by James S Roper »

Tony Atkins wrote:Ask Graeme: When was the last time a teaser answer came up later in the same game?

It was a bit like Sunday's Daily Duel where a conundrum came up as a words round later.
Today I got one of the alt 8s though (stumpier) and didn't spot the numpties again.

Jon Stitcher had one in the round after when his episode aired.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

James S Roper wrote:
Tony Atkins wrote:Ask Graeme: When was the last time a teaser answer came up later in the same game?

Jon Stitcher had one in the round after when his episode aired.
Sue Sanders did as well during her game.

A very exciting and tight game. I was well happy getting my MAX GAME in this one, especially as I well worried about PINNACES..... :roll:

GRAHAM in round 2, NONAGE in round 4, PARROTED/PRORATED/TEARDROP in round 11 (I happen to remember those from Adam/Ed's final in S64.)

1st Numbers Alt. Of 828: ((7 x 3) + 1 + 1) x 4 x 9 = 828