Spoilers For Wednesday May 18th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Wednesday May 18th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

Well, Tom has made it six in a row, which of course means he'll stay in 5th place for now whatever happens today, but can he get a 5th century to boost his chances of a high finish :?:

Join Rhys for the first part of his double later.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Wednesday May 18th 2011

Post by Matt Morrison »

You forgot to mention Pointless, James!
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matt Morrison wrote:You forgot to mention Pointless, James!
Oh yes, I'm heading down south in a bit to record Pointless tomorrow, so I probably won't be on here again til Friday.

Oh, and also, COME ON THE TERRIERS!!!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:Oh yes, I'm heading down south in a bit to record Pointless tomorrow
Wait - you're missing the single biggest match of the season so far to record Pointless? :o :shock:

Couldn't you have rescheduled Poimtles?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

"she beat off 13,000 other applicants" fnee fnaw fnar. probably deserved to get into space after all that.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Is there any reason why recap titles are in British date format, but spoiler thread titles are in American date format? Why isn't this thread called "Spoilers for Wednesday 18th May 2011" or "Spoilers for Wednesday 18 May 2011"? Is it because no-one cares? If that's the case, why is there such uniformity in the use of British date format in the recaps and American date format in the spoilers?
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Hopefully, Tom can become an Octochamp tomorrow.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Adam Gillard wrote:Is there any reason why recap titles are in British date format, but spoiler thread titles are in American date format? Why isn't this thread called "Spoilers for Wednesday 18th May 2011" or "Spoilers for Wednesday 18 May 2011"? Is it because no-one cares? If that's the case, why is there such uniformity in the use of British date format in the recaps and American date format in the spoilers?
The only uniformity in spoilers titles is because James has done the last n of them. You probably only need to go back to six months ago when quite a few people used to start the threads, including say me or Ben Hunter, and then there'd be a lot more random shit going on in the titles beyond even the date format. Of course if it's one persons work they're always going to use their personal preference for the format, just like Charlie presumably set up the automatic recap maker with his own preference. Boring question, boring answer, sorry.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Shame to see the contestants missing out on Omelette-compliance with full ordering in R10: (50-3-1-10)*5*3
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

ABROGATE in round 3.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter

Post by Adam Gillard »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Adam Gillard wrote:Is there any reason why recap titles are in British date format, but spoiler thread titles are in American date format? Why isn't this thread called "Spoilers for Wednesday 18th May 2011" or "Spoilers for Wednesday 18 May 2011"? Is it because no-one cares? If that's the case, why is there such uniformity in the use of British date format in the recaps and American date format in the spoilers?
The only uniformity in spoilers titles is because James has done the last n of them.
Yes but James does most of the recaps too, in British date format. That was my point. I suppose it's a question for James really.

Here's something even more inane than my last question: I noticed today that if you pause the programme while CECIL is picking a numbers target, then you can see intermediate targets come up on the display before it finally settles on one. One of them was 010. Intriguing.

Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Adam Gillard wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
The only uniformity in spoilers titles is because James has done the last n of them.
Yes but James does most of the recaps too, in British date format. That was my point. I suppose it's a question for James really.

Here's something even more inane than my last question: I noticed today that if you pause the programme while CECIL is picking a numbers target, then you can see intermediate targets come up on the display before it finally settles on one. One of them was 010. Intriguing.
It justs cycles through 010,121,232,343,454,565,676,787,898,909 I think.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter

Post by Adam Gillard »

Ah, thanks Jon. And Matt, I just realised what you meant about Charlie writing the template for the recap maker. My question is answered and was a bit rubbish, sorry :|.

Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

James Robinson wrote:Well, Tom has made it six in a row, which of course means he'll stay in 5th place for now whatever happens today, but can he get a 5th century to boost his chances of a high finish :?:

Join Rhys for the first part of his double later.
Was Rhys meant to do it? Ooops... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
cheers maus
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter

Post by Adam Gillard »

Tom is famous!

Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Maxed this one at home today. First time in almost a year.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Adam Gillard wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Just to answer the question, I just followed what everyone was doing in the recap thread when I first started nearly 20 months ago (quite a long time, ain't it?), and when I sort of became the de facto spoiler thread starter-upper, I just followed what the majority were doing then too.

Maybe a bit on the odd side, but I do seem to like to maintain my date stance. :D