FAO:ALL COUNTDOWNERS IN IRELAND

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Paul Gallen

FAO:ALL COUNTDOWNERS IN IRELAND

Post by Paul Gallen »

Republic of Ireland Scrabble Players Association is organising a New Player Event taking place in Dublin next month (Saturday April 17th 2010). For more details of the event and Scrabble in Ireland in general (including your local club), go to the link below:

"http://www.irishscrabble.org/newplayerevent.html"

It's a great game played, by many former and future Countdown contestants and regular viewers; and if you enjoy Countdown, then you should give the New Player Event a go. We hope you can make it. If you need anymore info my email is: pjgallen@yahoo.co.uk

Paul Gallen
Paul Gallen

Re: FAO: ALL COUNTDOWNERS IN IRELAND!!

Post by Paul Gallen »

Going to try bump this up a bit due to the lack of replies! David O' Donnell, Liam Tiernan, Ken MacKenzie, James Doohan, Eoghan Monaghan, M. George Quinn, Edward McCullagh , Helen A and many other Countdowners in Ireland on this forum who I don't know or can't remember!Would you be interested in playing the Scrabble New Player Event in Dublin? If you enjoy Countdown/Apterous you will enjoy tournament Scrabble and take to it like a duck to water! Details below.

RISPA New Player Event

If you haven't played in a scrabble tournament before, RISPA are running an event strictly for new players.

Details

At the West County Hotel, Chapelizod, Dublin on Saturday 17th April.

Beginning with an introduction at 9.30am, the event will consist of 6 rounds of scrabble, in a relaxed environment.
If you enjoy scrabble, but haven't played in a tournament before
this is the perfect opportunity for you to come along and play
some games with like-minded people.

Former Countdown contestant Anne Lyng is the event organiser, she has heaps of experience
at running scrabble events. She and her helpers will be on hand
to answer any questions you might have before and during the games.

Contact the organiser Anne Lyng by phone at +353 1 298 1029,
or send queries to comments@irishscrabble.org,

The entry fee is €10, which all goes straight to the prize fund.

All equipment will be provided, but bring along a board if you have one

For more details about what to expect at your first scrabble tournament and details of your local club, have a browse around this site - "www.irishscrabble.org"

Really hope you can make it. Email me at pjgallen@yahoo.co.uk if you need any more info.

Thanks for reading

Paul
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Re: FAO:ALL COUNTDOWNERS IN IRELAND

Post by David O'Donnell »

Sorry Paul, I live in Cardiff now.

I thought Helen A was a Londoner though, didn't realise she was Irish.
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Re: FAO:ALL COUNTDOWNERS IN IRELAND

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Sorry I haven't replied to this before now, Paul. Can't make it that day, much as I would love to give it a go.