Spoilerim for Friday 17 July 2009

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Spoilerim for Friday 17 July 2009

Post by Charlie Reams »

I'm positively tHulmescent with excitement.
Davy Affleck
Acolyte

Re: Spoilerim for Friday 17 July 2009

Post by Davy Affleck »

Charlie Reams wrote:I'm positively tHulmescent with excitement.

If Andrew wins and goes for his "octochamp" i will unfortunately miss it as I am leaving the nuclear winter that is known as "Lanarkshire" and heading for a bit of sun in Gran Canaria.I don't know if I will be able to relax if I miss Mondays game.
However the idea of lying about for 2 weeks all inclusive sipping cool lager washed down with copious ammounts of G&T more than makes up for it.
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

I saw GALLOPER but didn't think it'd be in.
John Brackstone
Rookie

Post by John Brackstone »

godsend as a dc equaller
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Argh! More niceish letters for Andrew means two more nines (I never had this many [gettable] nines and I'm sure Craig Beevers is jealous too) and another century despite being beaten on a round again. 118 means his 7 game total is now 802. I'm getting nervous. I was sat on 811 at this point and needed 114 for the record and just about got it. Andrew needs 124 in Monday's game for the octochamp record so will need even more luck with nice letters and gettable nines (not like SANTONICA).

I wish him all the best but not too much as I really want to keep my record for longer than 4 bloody months.

P.s A nice equaller that I had in round 13 was KAIROS.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Argh! More niceish letters for Andrew means two more nines (I never had this many [gettable] nines and I'm sure Craig Beevers is jealous too) and another century despite being beaten on a round again. 118 means his 7 game total is now 802. I'm getting nervous. I was sat on 811 at this point and needed 114 for the record and just about got it. Andrew needs 124 in Monday's game for the octochamp record so will need even more luck with nice letters and gettable nines (not like SANTONICA).

I wish him all the best but not too much as I really want to keep my record for longer than 4 bloody months.

What is the best points margin on an Octochamp run?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:Argh! More niceish letters for Andrew means two more nines (I never had this many [gettable] nines and I'm sure Craig Beevers is jealous too) and another century despite being beaten on a round again. 118 means his 7 game total is now 802. I'm getting nervous. I was sat on 811 at this point and needed 114 for the record and just about got it. Andrew needs 124 in Monday's game for the octochamp record so will need even more luck with nice letters and gettable nines (not like SANTONICA).

What is the best points margin on an Octochamp run?
It used to be on cdb but I can't find it any more. Either way, assuming Kirk didn't top it, I'm pretty sure it was Mr. Holden.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Steve Durney wrote:I saw GALLOPER but didn't think it'd be in.
Likewise. I thought it might apply to horses but I don't think I'd have risked it.

I met Vicky during the recordings of the series 58 finals.She was there with her parents - her dad Barry, like me, was one of the finalists.She told me she'd recently auditioned and fallen just short of a pass so was going to have another go.I thought she seemed a nice girl so it was good to see she'd succeeded in getting on the show, just a shame she came up against Andrew.
Last edited by Richard Priest on Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracey Lilly
Rookie

Post by Tracey Lilly »

second numbers alternative
(9 + 9 - 2 ) + 25 = 41 * 8 = 328

Well done Andrew.
All the best for your octochamp game on Monday.
Andrew Hulme
Acolyte

Post by Andrew Hulme »

We get it. I think everyone here knows that if I were to break the record it would be down in no small part to luck without you highlighting it about 6 times in one paragraph.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Andrew Hulme wrote:

We get it. I think everyone here knows that if I were to break the record it would be down in no small part to luck without you highlighting it about 6 times in one paragraph.
I'm a bit lost here, Andrew. Could there be some element of luck involved in this televised parlour game? I await further clarification.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Andrew Hulme wrote:
Wow. I didn't expect a snotty reply - my message wasn't supposed to convey that tone.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Another frustrating show to watch (although I totally appreciate that this will have been your fifth of the day). One thing that occurred to me was the whole "don't give away you have a 9" thing - I'd be pretty tempted not to bother with the acting if, like today, I was comfortably ahead near the end. Would that make me look like a twat?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Michael Wallace wrote:Another frustrating show to watch (although I totally appreciate that this will have been your fifth of the day). One thing that occurred to me was the whole "don't give away you have a 9" thing - I'd be pretty tempted not to bother with the acting if, like today, I was comfortably ahead near the end. Would that make me look like a twat?
Yes. I think it was James Robinson who quickly grabbed his glass of water after about 2 seconds on every numbers game and it was so frustrating to watch.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Kirk Bevins wrote: I wish him all the best but not too much as I really want to keep my record for longer than 4 bloody months.
If Andrew was to take your record, he might be keeping it for even less if Chris performs as expected.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Andrew Hulme wrote:
Wow. I didn't expect a snotty reply - my message wasn't supposed to convey that tone.
It's perfectly possible to be aggravating without meaning to be.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Yes. I think it was James Robinson who quickly grabbed his glass of water after about 2 seconds on every numbers game and it was so frustrating to watch.
You try not to get dehyrated while on a set that makes you feel like you're going to melt :!:

My mouth just kept getting so dry on set, that I needed to replenish myself with water frequently and by chance, most of my numbers games weren't too difficult, so after doing them, I just went straight for the H2O.

On another note, good luck for Monday, Andrew. ;) :) :D