Spoilers for Wed 8 July

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Spoilers for Wed 8 July

Post by Liam Tiernan »

CALUMNY RD 4
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: Spoilers for Wed 8 July

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Micheal?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Micheal?
Yeah, I thought that was weird. I suppose there's a slim (OK, anorexic) chance that that's how he spells it.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

NIOBIUM to beat BRINK
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Rackoon Buoy?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Rackoon Buoy?
More like rockoon boy, amirite \m/
Lucy Gowers
Rookie

Post by Lucy Gowers »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Yeah, I thought that was weird. I suppose there's a slim (OK, anorexic) chance that that's how he spells it.
The Irish spelling is Micheál so maybe he's just (carelessly) lost the fada.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Lucy Gowers wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:
The Irish spelling is Micheál so maybe he's just (carelessly) lost the fada.
I suppose that since he is Welsh, it might be a Welsh variant spelling. They didn't seem to make a song and dance about it anyway, so why should we care how he spells his name.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:I suppose that since he is Welsh, it might be a Welsh variant spelling. They didn't seem to make a song and dance about it anyway, so why should we care how he spells his name.
I need to get it right for the recap tomorrow!! It is important!

Also, can't believe there's been no comment on Jeff's closing patter with Rachel :shock:
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:I need to get it right for the recap tomorrow!! It is important!

Also, can't believe there's been no comment on Jeff's closing patter with Rachel :shock:
Maybe people want to keep it to themselves, Jon.

Even though this a forum where people can speak about things on the show, there might be some things that people just don't want to talk about.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

James Robinson wrote:I suppose that since he is Welsh, it might be a Welsh variant spelling.
It isn't.
why should we care how he spells his name.
It's not how he spells his name that's the issue; it's how other people spell it when referring to him, which I for one care about as a matter of simple courtesy, particularly if he makes it to Friday's show* and I have to namecheck him in the recap.

* Yeah, yeah, unlikely I know, but it's the principle of the thing.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

James Robinson wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:I need to get it right for the recap tomorrow!! It is important!

Maybe people want to keep it to themselves, Jon.

Even though this a forum where people can speak about things on the show, there might be some things that people just don't want to talk about.
wat

*posts coconut puppet again*
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Jon Corby wrote:
James Robinson wrote: Also, can't believe there's been no comment on Jeff's closing patter with Rachel :shock:
Twas pretty funny. I've missed most of the recent shows (and 4od doesn't work in Ireland) so maybe it's a new thing, but is that the first time Rachel's had a joke prepared to throw back at Jeff?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Andy Wilson wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
James Robinson wrote: Also, can't believe there's been no comment on Jeff's closing patter with Rachel :shock:
Twas pretty funny. I've missed most of the recent shows (and 4od doesn't work in Ireland) so maybe it's a new thing, but is that the first time Rachel's had a joke prepared to throw back at Jeff?
I (not James) wasn't talking about the introductions, I meant Jeff's "Rachel, would you like to spend a couple of hours on my vessel after the show?" (quoted from memory) Jeff didn't seem to realise what that sounded like to her :)
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Fnar fnar
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Jon Corby wrote: I (not James) wasn't talking about the introductions, I meant Jeff's "Rachel, would you like to spend a couple of hours on my vessel after the show?" (quoted from memory) Jeff didn't seem to realise what that sounded like to her :)
No, i got that, and surely he (Jeff!) did! He did say if you're feeling nautical in fairness! Twas a brilliant closer though and you're right it deserved a mention. Also, there has been the odd moment since they started where i thought Jeff's closers have been a little too heavy on the sleaze and a little too light on the humour, where as this one was as blatantly sleazy as he has been, yet it was so funny it didn't matter.

Begs the question, does Jeff/do the team hide these obviously pre planned jokes from Rachel? I mean, she had her deck head one prepared i assume. I like the idea that Damian and co are getting into the Rachel/Jeff banter groove and that Jeff maybe wasn't expecting to be called a deck head and Rachel wasn't expected to be invited onto his vessel at the end of the show. If this is the case then we can hopefully expect more of this. Both moments were two of the funniest so far this series. Up there with Tim Vine's punchline anecdote which i thought was excellent myself!

So, anyway, has Rachel had a joke prepared for Jeff before or was this a first?