Spoilers For Monday July 19th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday July 19th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

Wahey, welcome one and all to the start of the new week.

We have Richard Harris at half-octochampdom, so he could be an octochamp by Thursday. But, will he stay till the end :?:

Despite this only being the 5th week of Series 63, we're already at our 5th DC newbie of the series, although it was helped by the fact we had 2 last week.

In DC this week, is the swimmer turned Gladiator turned "faecal matter that won't flush" (I'm sure we didn't need reminding of what Jason Gardiner said of her on Dancing On Ice, but too late now), Sharron Davies.

Don't forget also that after this week, the next few weeks are Countdown restricted, in terms of new episodes anyway.

Next week, there's just the special between Lesley "The Countdown Sweetheart" Hines and Micheal Harris.

The week after is the special between Dinos and Kai, along with 4 repeats during the rest of the week (don't know which ones, but 2 have Paul Zenon in DC, and 1 each have John Parrott and Rory McGrath in DC.)

Ryan will be around with the recap later. ;) :) :D

After all that, I think I need a rest now. 8-) Oh, I'm still at work, damn. :x
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Spoilers For Monday July 19th 2010

Post by Michael Wallace »

Is anyone else really interested to see if he has 8 different Cambridge University Brass Band t-shirts?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Robinson wrote:4 repeats during the rest of the week (don't know which ones, but 2 have Paul Zenon in DC, and 1 each have John Parrott and Rory McGrath in DC.)
The one with Rory McGrath is sure to be Carson vs Davies, right?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
James Robinson wrote:4 repeats during the rest of the week (don't know which ones, but 2 have Paul Zenon in DC, and 1 each have John Parrott and Rory McGrath in DC.)
The one with Rory McGrath is sure to be Carson vs Davies, right?
That was my guess. The John Parrott one I think will be the original Sellars vs Graham match. Not sure about the 2 Zenon ones. Maybe Chris' 139 and the last final. :idea:
Chris Kirby

Post by Chris Kirby »

llaneros in r4..
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

SATIRIST
Niall Seymour
Rookie

Post by Niall Seymour »

Michael Wallace wrote:Is anyone else really interested to see if he has 8 different Cambridge University Brass Band t-shirts?
No, I'm also interested although I predict he'll bust out at least one Jack Wills number by the end of the week.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ryan Taylor wrote:SATIRIST
My mum text me with this one! Good mum! But also:

Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Full marks to today's challenger for honesty - first time I can remember a beaten contestant saying that they didn't enjoy the experience. It was a shame she lost it to nerves after a good start, as it looked as if it was going to be much closer.

Hmm, almost worth getting arrested in Crediton though. Only having five fingers on each hand is probably an offence there.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Brian Moore wrote:Full marks to today's challenger for honesty - first time I can remember a beaten contestant saying that they didn't enjoy the experience.
Honesty is not always the best policy though. Sometimes it can be rude and unnecessary. I've been at parties etc before that I didn't want to be at, but you know, you've been invited and you feel obliged to go, and then at the end when you leave you tell the host how much you've enjoyed it, because, you know, they've thrown a party and gone to some trouble, and invited you. You'd be a shit to say otherwise, wouldn't you?
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Jon Corby wrote:You'd be a shit to say otherwise, wouldn't you?
Yup.