Spoilers For Monday July 12th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday July 12th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

So, the World Cup has ended for another 4 years, but while Spain celebrate their championship triumph, let's see if anyone will get any closer to being the next champion of Countdown.

Our new champion is Chris Barrow of Alsager, the place which gave us not much really, apart from the artist James Lloyd, and our very own Howard Somerset, of course. (I did try and find other interesting stuff, but couldn't. (Sorry Howard.))

In DC this week, we have 2 new guests. (Don't ask me why.) For today and tomorrow, we have the Coronation Street actress Shobna Gulati, who plays Sunita Alahan in the soap. From Wednesday-Friday, we have the tennis player turned TV presenter, Andrew Castle.

Ryan will be around with the recap later. ;) :) :D
Last edited by James Robinson on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Spoilers For Monday July 12th 2010

Post by Charlie Reams »

tomrowell
Acolyte

Post by tomrowell »

James Robinson wrote:
In DC this week, we have 2 new guests. (Don't ask me why.) For today and tomorrow, we have the Coronation Street actress Shobna Gulati, who plays Sunita Alahan in the soap. From Wednesday-Friday, we have the tennis player turned TV presenter, Andrew Castle.
A source tells me that Miss Gulati stepped in at the last minute due to transportation problems concerning the said tennis smoothie.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Charlie Reams wrote:Image
That's at least two years ago, Charlie.

The place bordered up on the right is now quite a plush winebar.

Not sure what part of day or week it was taken, as I've never seen that road quite so empty.
James Robinson wrote:So, the World Cup has ended for another 4 years, butwhile Spain celebrate...
... Alsager, the place which gave us not much really, aprat from...
We don't expect this sort of thing from you, James. Thought you were a perfectionist. :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I think you should only be allowed to submit alternate words and DC beaters as pictures, it would make spoilers threads far sexier.

Here's one for the round where Soozy got NATURED:
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Matt Morrison wrote:I think you should only be allowed to submit alternate words and DC beaters as pictures, it would make spoilers threads far sexier.

Here's one for the round where Soozy got NATURED:
How could you get PHALLIC out of that set?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

James Robinson wrote:
In DC this week, we have 2 new guests. (Don't ask me why.)
Andrew was late so they grabbed Shobna from the canteen to fill in 'til he arrived?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Hmm, watching on 4+1 now and doing the recap. In round 6 I thought I heard Mark say RUNNER but there wasn't 2 R's. Gonna check on that in a sec :|
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Hmm, watching on 4+1 now and doing the recap. In round 6 I thought I heard Mark say RUNNER but there wasn't 2 R's. Gonna check on that in a sec :|
I heard same. Possibly he said RUNNEL though.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Matt Morrison wrote:I think you should only be allowed to submit alternate words and DC beaters as pictures, it would make spoilers threads far sexier.
R? yielded Image Image I think, for 9.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Hmm, watching on 4+1 now and doing the recap. In round 6 I thought I heard Mark say RUNNER but there wasn't 2 R's. Gonna check on that in a sec :|
There was no L
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Hugh Binnie wrote:
R? yielded Image Image I think, for 9.
Cool word. Don't think i've ever seen that before.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Grrrrrrr my dad is watching some shitty motorbikes so I can't get to the sky plus. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Grrrrrrr my dad is watching some shitty motorbikes so I can't get to the sky plus. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell him to keep them outside or in the fucking garage or something. Seems a perfectly reasonable request.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:Grrrrrrr my dad is watching some shitty motorbikes so I can't get to the sky plus. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tell him to keep them outside or in the fucking garage or something. Seems a perfectly reasonable request.
You joke, but he did actually bring his motorbike in the house once. Mother went apeshit!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Definitely said RUNNER no doubt about that. He also made the mistake of using the R twice in a further round which Susie only just picked up on.

In my recap I shall do it as if it is valid but will note that he should be deducted 6 points.

Although with the recap writer it made me put RUNNER as invalid runner so I could recap. So when it comes to the wiki this may need adjusting as it will appear invalid even though it was valid on the show despite being invalid. Geeees what an invalid.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

UNATONED for a beater in round 6 and the 9 already mentioned. I was happy with a Image game today.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Not as good as Kirk's R6 beater, but a DC-equaller

Just don't ask me anything technical. I'm still ignorant, despite having been to CERN last week. The canteen was nice.
James Chapman

Post by James Chapman »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Both me and Mrs C thought Runner.

I thought that Shobna was a bit dull and Jeff obviously had to feed her lines to get her talking; now I understand why she seemed dull/underprepared...
Buxomness is a 9 letter word that suddenly comes to mind, though.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

James Chapman wrote: Buxomness is a 9 letter word that suddenly comes to mind, though.
Commented upon in my recap!
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Although with the recap writer it made me put RUNNER as invalid runner so I could recap. So when it comes to the wiki this may need adjusting as it will appear invalid even though it was valid on the show despite being invalid. Geeees what an invalid.
I seem to recall that if you type in a declared word in upper case, the recap writer will treat it as valid and then fire off a warning at the base of the recap, which you can then ignore. At least I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I recapped the other show with a spurious extra 'R'. Not sure how that translates to the wikicap, though.