Spoilers For Wednesday May 12th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Wednesday May 12th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

So, the champions' chair merry-go-round is in full swing, as we now have a 3rd different occupant in it today, with Paul Stevenson (and his fan club in the audience) in the chair, after beating Gwen Robinson yesterday.

He looks like a decent contestant, 10 maxes yesterday proves otherwise.

Can he win no.2 today :?:

Find out with me later. ;) :) :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Wednesday May 12th 2010

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:He looks like a decent contestant, 10 maxes yesterday proves otherwise.
Harsh! I'm always pretty chuffed when I get 10 maxes. Must be nice being fucking amazing.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Matt Morrison wrote:
James Robinson wrote:He looks like a decent contestant, 10 maxes yesterday proves otherwise.
Harsh! I'm always pretty chuffed when I get 10 maxes. Must be nice being fucking amazing.
I'm guessing that's a typo/joke given James doesn't even average 9 per game (and a cursory glance of the top n players on apterous shows that not many average more than 10).
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
I'm guessing that's a typo/joke given James doesn't even average 9 per game (and a cursory glance of the top n players on apterous shows that not many average more than 10).
Correct, Michael. It was a slight gaffe, but I'm used to that by now. :lol:

Not sure why I added the "otherwise" bit at the end there. Should've been "it".

I was going to add to Matt's comment, "Wish I knew :!: " :roll:
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Really good contest today. My brain must have been going slow as I struggled even more than usual to come up with anything useful. I looked up only one on Lexplorer, which told me that ^HARDONS aren't allowed in Countdown.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Interesting that bit at the end about the Teletubbies, when Rachel said her favourite was "the one with the bag", and Jeff disagreed, saying "Tinky-Winky", but unless I'm not mistaken, Tinky-Winky WAS "the one with the bag". :?

Oh well.

A very good game again. Almost thought Paul had lost it, when he declared too far away in the last numbers. :shock: :o

HIJRAS as a contestant beater in round 1, GUIMPES as a DC leveller in round 4 and ERRATIC as a DC leveller in round 11.

1st Numbers Alt.: (100 + 9 + 2) x (6 - 1) = 555

2nd Numbers Alt.: (50 x 4) - (75 / 3) - 4 = 171
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

James Robinson wrote:Interesting that bit at the end about the Teletubbies, when Rachel said her favourite was "the one with the bag", and Jeff disagreed, saying "Tinky-Winky", but unless I'm not mistaken, Tinky-Winky WAS "the one with the bag". :?

Oh well.
But then his joke wouldn't work would it?