Favourite non-apterous online games

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Favourite non-apterous online games

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I am currently addicted to Fantastic Contraption. It rocks.

Any more cool online games?
Last edited by Kai Laddiman on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Re: Favourite non-apterous online games

Post by Jimmy Gough »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/Ninjaki ... -defense-3 !!!

And Blast Billiards - took me 3 years of IT lessons to complete that game.

And Scrabble obviously.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

A few spring to mind that I've played of late:

Winterbells is beautiful in its simplicity of control and gameplay, and truly satisfying.

Fig. 8 is original, a clever game based around the trails from riding a bike.

It's a shame to have to turn the music off, but Effing Hail is pretty clever too, controlling the wind to create big hailstones to destroy stuff.

Gray, which I found when playing Effing Hail, is utterly nuts. Some weird conceptual thing, very interesting. Always impressive when something has no scoring system or overt structure yet you still find yourself wanting to keep playing.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Should this not be in the games and puzzles section? Anyway I've had a go at that rabbit game - quite addictive. My record is 11680. How has anyone else done?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I've had a go at that rabbit game - quite addictive. My record is 11680. How has anyone else done?
When I first discovered this game a couple of years back, I posted this score (201,467,350) which was enough to 'win' against all my friends and I then gave up, though if you check out YouTube, there are videos of people getting 30-something-digit scores. Scary.

Incidentally, if anyone does happen to beat my 201 million score, I'd be happy to resume the challenge.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

That rabbit game is terrifying, I hate heights.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

That rabbit game is terrifying, I hate rabbits.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I've played that rabbit game before. I liked it but I seem to remember hating the scoring as it was something like exponential. A linear system would be far better.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote:I've played that rabbit game before. I liked it but I seem to remember hating the scoring as it was something like exponential. A linear system would be far better.
Each bell you jump on is worth 10 more points than the last, starting at 10 obviously. When you land on a bird your score at that moment is doubled.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:I've played that rabbit game before. I liked it but I seem to remember hating the scoring as it was something like exponential. A linear system would be far better.
Each bell you jump on is worth 10 more points than the last, starting at 10 obviously. When you land on a bird your score at that moment is doubled.
Sounds like I remember it. I find it hard to compare scores like that. Someone might have squillions more than you but then if you work it out they only lasted about 10% longer.

Edit - I propose an alternative Gevin scoring system.
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

I got about 20,000. Really annoying game though, don't really like it.
Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

Post by Douglas Wilson »

Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I just completed Gray. Quite impressed. As you can tell from my first post (excluding Winterbells I guess) I'm quite into the more indie Flash games that present an original idea in a unique way. This one's a bit of makes-you-thinker, I like it. For me it was something about the irrationality of the way social opinion spreads and maybe the futility of unpassioned thought. Haha, I just actually said that, so now I'm a ponce.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Douglas Wilson wrote:http://www.maniacworld.com/maze_game.htm

That game is quality!
I knew that would happen but thought it was on level 2.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Have to second Fantasticcontraption, it takes ages to complete all the levels and it's also fun to just mess about with.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Kai Laddiman wrote:I am currently addicted to Fantastic Contraption. It rocks.
Great. I'm hooked now.

Gotta say, though, some of your designs are amazing. :P
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

My requirements for online gaming must be shamefully unsophisticated; consulting Firefox's Most Visited list, I see that second place (beneath C4C and above Google) goes to this. :oops:
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Alec Rivers wrote:
Great. I'm hooked now.

You mean it links to my login? :roll:
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Alec Rivers
Devotee

Post by Alec Rivers »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Alec Rivers wrote:
Great. I'm hooked now.

You mean it links to my login? :roll:
No, the link doesn't, but after playing for a bit I looked through a few of the pages of other players' designs and saw your name. And I thought some of your designs were very clever. :D
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Cheers Jimmy, I'd not seen that before. It is awesomely addictive. I spent about three hours on it last night and I still want to go back and try to do it better. Amazing.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Another forum I go to used to have an "arcade" section where you could play online games and there was a forum scoreboard. Could we have that?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:I've had a go at that rabbit game - quite addictive. My record is 11680. How has anyone else done?
When I first discovered this game a couple of years back, I posted this score (201,467,350) which was enough to 'win' against all my friends and I then gave up, though if you check out YouTube, there are videos of people getting 30-something-digit scores. Scary.

Incidentally, if anyone does happen to beat my 201 million score, I'd be happy to resume the challenge.
Just had another go at it and the memories came flooding back. Do you know what score you got (appromimately) for the final bell you landed on? This gives an idea of what one needs to do to score that high. Or (divide by 10) how many bells did you get in total?

Also, even though it was ages ago when I played, it's telling me my previous high score is about 4 million.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:

Just had another go at it and the memories came flooding back. Do you know what score you got (appromimately) for the final bell you landed on? This gives an idea of what one needs to do to score that high. Or (divide by 10) how many bells did you get in total?

Also, even though it was ages ago when I played, it's telling me my previous high score is about 4 million.
I couldn't tell you at all Gev, no. Too long ago to remember. As you've said before the scoring system isn't very well thought out - for my 201m score, the value of the final bell would be hugely different if I'd got all the birds than it would be if I had got none (not to mention the difference in playing time that those two paths would require!) ... but if you're still stuck on 4m you've definitely got a way to go yet (well, actually it's only 5 birds worth come to think of it) before I have to step back up to the plate :)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:I couldn't tell you at all Gev, no. Too long ago to remember. As you've said before the scoring system isn't very well thought out - for my 201m score, the value of the final bell would be hugely different if I'd got all the birds than it would be if I had got none (not to mention the difference in playing time that those two paths would require!) ... but if you're still stuck on 4m you've definitely got a way to go yet (well, actually it's only 5 birds worth come to think of it) before I have to step back up to the plate :)
I just got 294,732,700. This was over 300 bells (although I'm not sure exactly how many) and I didn't miss any birds on the way.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:I couldn't tell you at all Gev, no. Too long ago to remember. As you've said before the scoring system isn't very well thought out - for my 201m score, the value of the final bell would be hugely different if I'd got all the birds than it would be if I had got none (not to mention the difference in playing time that those two paths would require!) ... but if you're still stuck on 4m you've definitely got a way to go yet (well, actually it's only 5 birds worth come to think of it) before I have to step back up to the plate :)
I just got 294,732,700. This was over 300 bells (although I'm not sure exactly how many) and I didn't miss any birds on the way.
I didn't really expect this to happen, but I just had a go and didn't enjoy it at all. Magic has totally gone for me. I only managed to get to a million points on one go and I've been playing it for half an hour, on that one go I was on approx 179m, missed a bird, then fell a couple of bells later. I'd already missed two birds on the way up. Seriously appalling, and now my little finger hurts. I'm not sure if my mood is so awful as I picked up the challenge as soon as I'd lost a shit game on apterous, but like I said, didn't enjoy that in the slightest. Congratulations, don't think I'll bother.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Matt Morrison wrote: I didn't really expect this to happen, but I just had a go and didn't enjoy it at all. Magic has totally gone for me. I only managed to get to a million points on one go and I've been playing it for half an hour, on that one go I was on approx 179m, missed a bird, then fell a couple of bells later. I'd already missed two birds on the way up. Seriously appalling, and now my little finger hurts. I'm not sure if my mood is so awful as I picked up the challenge as soon as I'd lost a shit game on apterous, but like I said, didn't enjoy that in the slightest. Congratulations, don't think I'll bother.
Cheer up me old chubberknacker.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:I didn't really expect this to happen, but I just had a go and didn't enjoy it at all. Magic has totally gone for me. I only managed to get to a million points on one go and I've been playing it for half an hour, on that one go I was on approx 179m, missed a bird, then fell a couple of bells later. I'd already missed two birds on the way up. Seriously appalling, and now my little finger hurts. I'm not sure if my mood is so awful as I picked up the challenge as soon as I'd lost a shit game on apterous, but like I said, didn't enjoy that in the slightest. Congratulations, don't think I'll bother.
I'm sorry to have destroyed your life.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

I don't really play games, but an American friend recommended this to me, so I thought I would share it in case any of you enjoy it:

Catan
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Richard Adams
Rookie

Post by Richard Adams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
My daughter got a pretty good score, but I'm not going to post it because I don't think it should count.

She did it just after I'd set a full system scan running, which unexpectedly had the happy effect of slowing the game down to about a quarter speed. Falling off was nigh-on impossible.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Eoin Monaghan wrote:http://www.silvergames.com/game/red-remover/

Red Remover is cool
http://www.kongregate.com/games/inXile_ ... -stacker-2

Super Stacker is cooler.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Derek Hazell wrote:I don't really play games, but an American friend recommended this to me, so I thought I would share it in case any of you enjoy it:

Catan
Okay, no comments on that, so maybe it was just too complicated and you couldn't be bothered. Don't blame me though - I took her word for it being marvellous!

Let's try this instead, which a German guy on Yahoo! showed me: http://www.w-haag.de/ttb/ttb.htm This is both the simplest and hardest game around.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Derek Hazell wrote:I don't really play games, but an American friend recommended this to me, so I thought I would share it in case any of you enjoy it:

Catan
I think a fair number of people were already familiar with it from the favourite board games topic. I dread to think what kind of person would find Catan too complicated. Game of Snap anyone?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Jimmy Gough wrote:
Eoin Monaghan wrote:http://www.silvergames.com/game/red-remover/

Red Remover is cool
http://www.kongregate.com/games/inXile_ ... -stacker-2

Super Stacker is cooler.
Man, I'm addicted. Done all 40 levels and am currently on the bonus levels. Done the first 11 of those. This is bad.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Does anyone remember Chuckie Egg from the old Commodore 64? I used to love that game. I'm now addicted to playing it:

http://www.arcadeboss.com/game-2215-7-Chuckie-Egg.html

This time round, I've got to level 16 after many many attempts.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Does anyone remember Chuckie Egg from the old Commodore 64? I used to love that game. I'm now addicted to playing it
I remember it. We used to visit my grandparents, and my uncle who lived there too had a BBC computer. This was my first ever experience with computers, and I still remember it robotically saying "BBC computer" every time it started up - with a screenful of green text of course.

Although I mostly don't play games, as a child it was always exciting to get a go on his computer, and my favourites were Chuckie Egg and Frogger (then called Hopper). Since the dawn of the Internet, I have made a few nostalgic returns to those two games online.
He also introduced me to teletext, and a vast collection of LP records.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

After (temporarily I'm sure) tiring of Bloons Tower Defense, I thought I'd check out a few of the other games on the same site. And fuck me but Clockwords is amazing. I sailed through the first twenty levels just by typing reasonably quickly (and knowing quite a lot of words, I suppose); levels 21-40 were more difficult but quite doable with much the same technique (though typing had become ridiculously frantic by level 40). But level 41 stumped me for ages until I changed strategy and I'm quite pleased with myself for actually figuring out how best to play it...up to level 46 now and still hopelessly addicted. Anyone else played it?
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

this is ace...only three levels but it uses a bit of logic and trial and error. Me and Sid cracked all 3 levels, helping each other out with hints.

This is good too but so frustrating. You can't pause or turn off the sound (i.e. turn it off so you can listen to music) and I got to level 15/30 before giving in. It's quite addictive but since you can't save it I'll have to go through all 15 levels again :(

Simple game this last one...try it ;)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:this is ace...only three levels but it uses a bit of logic and trial and error. Me and Sid cracked all 3 levels, helping each other out with hints.

This is good too but so frustrating. You can't pause or turn off the sound (i.e. turn it off so you can listen to music) and I got to level 15/30 before giving in. It's quite addictive but since you can't save it I'll have to go through all 15 levels again :(
First one's not currently loading for me :(
Second one - not bad, great concept. I got to level 5 with only two deaths, then got all the way round it and hit one of the easiest (compared to the rest of the level I'd just gotten through) blue circles simply through lack of concentration, just a few millimetres from the finish. Gave up after that - as you say the music makes it unplayable, I have no idea why game designers do that kind of thing. I'm not surprised you managed to hold out 'til level 15, it's the sort of tune you love.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Matt Morrison wrote: I'm not surprised you managed to hold out 'til level 15, it's the sort of tune you love.
Haha ;)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah, the code that embeds it on that web page definitely isn't working as I type this - they must have fucked it up as the game itself is fine.
You'll just have to use this link to go to it directly, haven't started playing yet so I don't know how the full-screen-ness affects it, you might need to resize window...

Causality: http://static.bored.com/games/swf/games ... sality.swf
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I really want to like this Kirk, it looks awesome. But I'm finding it fucking impossible.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Matt Morrison wrote:
I really want to like this Kirk, it looks awesome. But I'm finding it fucking impossible.
Which ones can you kill? What can you click on? Think tactically. Sometimes the order or the timing of killing the men is crucial.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Which ones can you kill? What can you click on? Think tactically. Sometimes the order or the timing of killing the men is crucial.
Can't kill that guy on the second level.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:You can't pause or turn off the sound (i.e. turn it off so you can listen to music)
as you say the music makes it unplayable, I have no idea why game designers do that kind of thing
I'm probably being thick here but can't you just mute your computer speakers?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:You can't pause or turn off the sound (i.e. turn it off so you can listen to music)
as you say the music makes it unplayable, I have no idea why game designers do that kind of thing
I'm probably being thick here but can't you just mute your computer speakers?
Presumably he wants to listen to music from his computer speakers.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Right, it's called Causality. So at first I assumed that I had to 'set things up' like the broken picture, turning off the lift at an opportune moment, and so on, so that at some point one action ends up causing a chain reaction and killing everyone else. I soon worked out that isn't what happens, so the causality must simply be a flow of actions, meaning it's all-important to do things in the right order.

This makes sense in that if you kill the guy at the top-right as soon as the level begins, it's instantly Game Over, suggesting that his death has to come later when something else has changed its circumstance. However, the game seems to contradict itself in that if you kill the guy sleeping at his desk on the 2nd floor, and then you go and kill the top-right guy, this doesn't cause a Game Over, when surely it should, as he's so isolated up there that the circumstances and details and timing of his death have been entirely unchanged from the 2nd floor guy's death, it'd be just the same as doing it as soon as the level starts. Also, you seem to be able to kill the top-left guy whenever you want, without causing a Game Over. Also, the rules about the stick men not being allowed to 'see' another of them die are bullshit. For example, the two guys on the lower floor, their death can be seen easily by the guy waiting at the lift (even though he's turned the other way) and the guy at his PC (even though he's turned the other way and at a PC). Yet, if you trap the 1st guy on the 2nd floor when he goes up, and then kill the guy at his desk, the 1st guy won't see it at all. Which makes absolutely no sense. So to this extent, it seems like the damn thing isn't programmed too well and seems to contradict its own causality at times, which is why I'm struggling I think.

All that said then, I can obviously kill the guy top-left and top-right, they're both one-click easy. The two guys chatting on the bottom floor I can kill easily, but I've not yet been able to do it without at least one guy noticing, namely because I can make the guy at his PC walk away from his computer, but I can't make him leave that floor, so he always sees their death. I have noticed he will fall through the lift door when the 1st guy comes back down, but I don't see how this helps. And as mentioned, I can kill the sleeping desk dude after the 1st guy has been up to see him. I'm sure that all makes sense to you Kirk, tried not to reveal any spoilers really. So I can kill 3 guys fine (although I accept there must be more to the guys on the roof than meets the eye), I can kill two more but not without them being noticed, and the final two I haven't been able to kill at all. I've tried clicking on everything I possibly can and had no luck activating anything. That bowl shaped layout with the bit of yellow on the roof must do something.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Marc Meakin wrote: Presumably he wants to listen to music from his computer speakers.
There is no "presumably" about it. I specifically mentioned it had music playing which couldn't be stopped as I wanted to listen to my own music.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Those guys on the roof just kill of straight away (but as you've noticed you have to do the left one first). The two chatting on the bottom floor must be done last.

All I will say is the following: you need to get the man to speak to the sleeping guy (manager? He does get angry) and click on him. After he goes in the lift click the picture. Need to somehow get the computer guy in the lift too as if both are in the lift you can cut the ropes.

That's my only hint.

Level 2 is quite fun and level 3 took me ages to work out. Shame there's only 3 levels, it's well fun.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote: Presumably he wants to listen to music from his computer speakers.
There is no "presumably" about it. I specifically mentioned it had music playing which couldn't be stopped as I wanted to listen to my own music.
Sorry, you weren't very clear. I interpreted your comment as meaning that you wanted to listen to music on your stereo/radio/iPod/whatever while playing the game. I get it now. 8-)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Phil Reynolds wrote: Sorry, you weren't very clear. I interpreted your comment as meaning that you wanted to listen to music on your stereo/radio/iPod/whatever while playing the game. I get it now. 8-)
To be fair, I didn't really need to be clear. If I was going to listen to it on the radio/ipod etc, of course I could just turn the speakers off. I love it how you're so quick to criticise, Phil, but just a moment's thought about a particular problem and it passes you by.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Those guys on the roof just kill of straight away (but as you've noticed you have to do the left one first). The two chatting on the bottom floor must be done last.

All I will say is the following: you need to get the man to speak to the sleeping guy (manager? He does get angry) and click on him. After he goes in the lift click the picture. Need to somehow get the computer guy in the lift too as if both are in the lift you can cut the ropes.

That's my only hint.

Level 2 is quite fun and level 3 took me ages to work out. Shame there's only 3 levels, it's well fun.
ZOMG Spoilers. ;) (only kidding as I just completed level 1 before reading this)
Last edited by Marc Meakin on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Those guys on the roof just kill of straight away (but as you've noticed you have to do the left one first). The two chatting on the bottom floor must be done last.

That's my only hint.

Cheers Koik. Will have a go in a mo. I hadn't worked out that you could cut the ropes, but I had figured out the lift was a key that I couldn't work out. I've already done the sleeping guy bit and done the picture, so basically the only bit I haven't worked out that you've helped me with is cutting the lift ropes. Still no idea how to get the guy in there but it must be somehow to do with him falling into it when he's resting up against the door. Hmm.

Also I've just worked out what was going on with the guys at the top - the guy at the left 'sees' the guy on the right die. I couldn't see his "!" speech bubble as it's mostly obscured by the 'Retry' graphic (I don't know if this also happens in the game's native resolution or just when it's full screened). Still it's not entirely sensible - you'd think the guy on the right would notice you pushing the guy on the left off the roof. But meh.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ok, sorted. I guess I just should have been a bit less anal about whether or not the PC guy counts as being in the lift when he falls over. Will try Level 2 post-CD.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Nice. Level 2 was pretty easy. Took me a while to get started with Level 3 but now I can kill everyone apart from the dude who is smoking at the start - and the two barrels are doing nothing. Obviously a timing issue, but if the barrel is already knocked over before he runs away, he runs straight through it. Hmm.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Sorted :) Timing it was.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Matt Morrison wrote:Nice. Level 2 was pretty easy.
I struggled to kill the man in the sewer until I had a hint. Sid nailed that but struggled to kill the guy having a shit.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:Sorry, you weren't very clear. I interpreted your comment as meaning that you wanted to listen to music on your stereo/radio/iPod/whatever while playing the game. I get it now. 8-)
To be fair, I didn't really need to be clear. If I was going to listen to it on the radio/ipod etc, of course I could just turn the speakers off. I love it how you're so quick to criticise, Phil, but just a moment's thought about a particular problem and it passes you by.
I am critical, when I think criticism is warranted, and have therefore dug this particular pit for myself I suppose. But I'm getting pretty disheartened lately by the regularity with which I'm jumped on simply for offering a contrasting view, or what I think is a bit of pertinent information; or even (as in this case) just asking a question, with no criticism either stated or implied. I wasn't criticising you in any way at all, Kirk, and I'm sorry if you felt that I was.

I've never listened to my personal music collection via my computer, and because it's not something I do it simply didn't cross my mind that that could be what you meant. And in any case the question was directed at Matt, who hadn't said anything about listening to his own music - just that he gave up playing the game after a while because "the music made it unplayable".

I asked what seemed like a reasonable question, out of nothing more than idle curiosity. I even said it was probably just me being thick, in an obviously futile attempt to make clear that I wasn't getting at anyone and I realised there was probably a simple answer that I just couldn't see. But if I have to lard every post I make with smilies and disclaimers about my intent (which are ignored anyway), maybe it's time for me to stop posting altogether.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Nice. Level 2 was pretty easy.
I struggled to kill the man in the sewer until I had a hint. Sid nailed that but struggled to kill the guy having a shit.
The sewer man was the penultimate one I worked out, and then the shitting guy last.
I absolutely blasted through that level in about a minute, no more than 2 or 3 attempts. I still think Level 1 was hardest!
Also, did you notice on the original link you posted to the game page the description said "4 levels"? I kept hoping that all your talk of 3 levels was wrong, but sadly not.
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Cube Field is good. Also Fragger on Miniclip.