Number crunching

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Number crunching

Post by Charlie Reams »

Number of people who complain about apterous being down for an hour: 94.
Number of people who comment on apterous having 100% uptime for a week: zero.

Ah, the paradox of reliability!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Number crunching

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:Number of people who comment on apterous having 100% uptime for a week: zero.
Oi.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

I understand Charlie.
Try satisfying the British public !!!
Thankless and hopeless are the words that spring to mind.
Easy to criticise what is there, but bloody awful to contemplate being without it.
Welcome to my world. :P
Rob Thomas
Rookie

Post by Rob Thomas »

I know what you mean (i'm an IT guy).

So, let's buck the trend. Genuinely, before reading this thread, I had noticed that Apterous uptime had greatly improved (= 100% from my p.o.v.). Since the April 16th note about fixing some bug crashes in particular.

It is a superb website - I keep wishing i'd thought of it. One of the things I like about Apterous is the low bloat-factor - click a couple of buttons and you're playing, no messing about, laboured "captcha" logins etc. The lexicon is impressive too, has clearly evolved into near-perfect over a lot of time and hard work I presume (as someone who's not been into this for years).

That's it. Right, i'm off to write a letter to BT thanking them for all the successful phone-calls they've brokered for me.... ;)