Greetings

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
david dawson
Rookie

Greetings

Post by david dawson »

Wotcha. I've just started watching Countdown again after a long break. I got tired of seeing Carol Vorderman everywhere, selling her consolidation loans to chavs and margerine that will only give you a little heart attack, and have only just resumed viewing. Unfortunately the first episode I chose to watch had Andrew Sachs on and I've only just woken up. Things seem much the same as before, I like the game but not the presenters, apart from Susie Dent, who I like far too much to be healthy, so I watch most of the game with the sound off. Until Susie comes on and dazzles me with some dictionary based repartee. I look forward to reading your posts over the coming weeks and months.
George Jenkins
Enthusiast

Re: Greetings

Post by George Jenkins »

david dawson wrote:Wotcha. I've just started watching Countdown again after a long break. I got tired of seeing Carol Vorderman everywhere, selling her consolidation loans to chavs and margerine that will only give you a little heart attack, and have only just resumed viewing. Unfortunately the first episode I chose to watch had Andrew Sachs on and I've only just woken up. Things seem much the same as before, I like the game but not the presenters, apart from Susie Dent, who I like far too much to be healthy, so I watch most of the game with the sound off. Until Susie comes on and dazzles me with some dictionary based repartee. I look forward to reading your posts over the coming weeks and months.
Welcome to the Viper's pit David. You must make sure that your fangs are sharp. The boys and Gels on this Forum show no mercy.
david dawson
Rookie

Re: Greetings

Post by david dawson »

My fangs are so dull I may as well be toothless, a lovely nine letter effort. I doubt if I'll be crossing swords with anyone here, unless they insult my favourite lexicographer, then it's war.