Clock

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Clock

Post by Jon Corby »

How the f do you get the clock going? And if the answer is "take off the back", please explain exactly what, and how.

Thank you!
Naomi Laddiman
Rookie

Re: Clock

Post by Naomi Laddiman »

Jon Corby wrote:How the f do you get the clock going? And if the answer is "take off the back", please explain exactly what, and how.

Thank you!
If I remember rightly, you have to take the plastic ring off the back of the clock, making sure you put it back on the right way afterwards. Then you take the circular back off (quite difficult, even using a knife) and I think there is some sort of plastic tab in the mechanism which needs removing. However, having done all this to Kai's ckock, we discovered that it had a duff battery and I had to take it to the jewellers and get them to replace the battery at vast expense (£6)! Hope that helps.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Clock

Post by Jon Corby »

Thanks Mrs Kai - pretty much what I thought but it's good to have a bit of reassurance that I should actually be hacking away at the back of it...