Talk a bit about yourself

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Talk a bit about yourself

Post by Ian Volante »

Frank Rodolf wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:I'm now in charge of a korfball club
Is that korfball, as in the sport mostly played in (and thus dominated by) the Netherlands and Belgium? If so, I didn't even know the game was played in Scotland.
It is indeed, there are five clubs here now. I was new to the game in 2007, but am enjoying it greatly! The Scottish league has only been running this decade, and has only had more than three clubs in it since 2006 I think. Do you play at all?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Lesley Jeavons wrote: Ah so you're not a native, and moved there after I left. :-( Did you go there to go to uni then, or did your family move there?
I go up as much as I can, but less and less over the years, espec after having a kid at school re school hols etc. I would never have left but I met my husband in 92 when he was up playing sax in a Blues Brothers style band during the festival, so moved south to be with him as he had two young kids. We got married in Leith Town Hall in 95 (and were in the Daily Record as I wore red!)
The three Oxgangs flats were knocked down in two phases - one block a few years back (which was shown live on National Geographic) and then mine and another two years ago. My brother (who lives in London) and I went up to watch and I was devestated. But I've submitted some pics and stories to the Oxgangs archive. I don't know the Mission nightclub, so yup, it wisnae me! lol
Most of my family have moved to the outskirts, my Dad died last January, and my Mum moved to Dumbartonshire last year so it's a bit odd not having any parents there. Was last there last week, dropping my Nana home. How silly to not stay up for Hogmanay! Last time I did Princess Street Hogmanay was when Blondie played Princess Street Gardens a few years back - my son's first gig - how cool!
Haven't been to the festival for years, but should do! The Komedia peeps are no doubt good types, it's a good venue. Not been there too many times but saw Midge Ure doing an accoustic set last year which was great. Whet the appetite for the Ultravox tour.
Nice to get to know you, espec if you like talking about yourself. Kiss the soil for me!
Yep, came to uni, not left yet, too much going on!

A red wedding dress? Rare indeed I imagine, and did your hubby wear sunglasses too? :)

I missed Hogmanay this year for the first time in ages, went to Dublin for a change instead. I've never actually been to the street party - it seems a bit silly when there's a nice warm pub, although I have worked most years too. Suppose freezing to death and carrying booze round with me isn't so appealing.

I might kiss the soil if I can find a bit that I can trust no-one's pissed on recently...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Frank Rodolf
Rookie

Post by Frank Rodolf »

Ian Volante wrote:
Frank Rodolf wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:I'm now in charge of a korfball club
Is that korfball, as in the sport mostly played in (and thus dominated by) the Netherlands and Belgium? If so, I didn't even know the game was played in Scotland.
It is indeed, there are five clubs here now. I was new to the game in 2007, but am enjoying it greatly! The Scottish league has only been running this decade, and has only had more than three clubs in it since 2006 I think. Do you play at all?
Nah, the only time I played it was during PE in school. But when I played team handball - in the early '90s - there was a korfball club training directly after us. A few of the girls on that club I remembered from school, and I watched quite a few of their games.

Nowadays I basically only see the few games that are shown on tv over here - usually an international game between the Dutch and Belgian teams or the Dutch national finals.

It's nice to see the sport being taken up in other countries - most people over here seem to think it's boring, but that is mostly because they have never bothered to watch a good game.
Frank
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Ian Volante wrote:I missed Hogmanay this year for the first time in ages
Always remember HOGMANAY=MAHOGANY
Last edited by Kai Laddiman on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Rob Francis

Post by Rob Francis »

I'm a 24 year old office manager for a small computer company and I live with my grandfather in the small village of Overton in Hampshire. In my spare time I enjoy listening to music, playing darts for my local pub team and running the local darts league. I have been a fan of game shows for as long as I can remember, and one of my earliest memories was my late nan getting me a Countdown board game for Christmas.

One of the things I can't stand is people who think they are the centre of the universe. I have no time whatsoever for people like that.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Rob Francis wrote: One of the things I can't stand is people who think they are the centre of the universe. I have no time whatsoever for people like that.
Anyway, enough about you ... why don't we all talk about me?
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Rob Francis wrote: One of the things I can't stand is people who think they are the centre of the universe. I have no time whatsoever for people like that.
Anyway, enough about you ... why don't we all talk about me?
:D :D :D :D
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Post by Katherine Birkett »

OK - I'm 31 years old, and do voluntary work for local hospital radio. I am on the Management Committee, collect record requests from patients on the wards, purchase the music for the station, am Head Librarian and do occasional voiceover and continuity work.

Birdwatching is my chief hobby and I am in the RSPB, British Trust for Ornithology, World Owl Trust, Lincolnshire Bird Club and will shortly be joining the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust. Every August, there is an annual Birdwatching Fair at Rutland Water, and they have a yearly quiz called 'Bird Brain of Britain'. The questionmaster is none other than Bill Oddie and it follows the same format as Mastermind. I am currently being considered for the quiz and am cramming as much reading about birds as I can muster. Sort-of connected with this, I have an enormous crush on Springwatch presenter Simon King and met him at the previous two Birdfairs.... swoon...... ** THUD ** :mrgreen:

Outside birds and birdwatching, I like working out at the gym and it's primarily where I see Countdown; while I'm slogging my guts out on the treadmill, rowing machine and exercise bike. Indeed, I time my gym visits around the time the programme is broadcast. However, I am recovering from major surgery performed in November, and cannot return until a couple of incision wound sites have healed fully and I get the green light from my consultant. If not working out, I also enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles (1000 pieces or higher).

Regarding television programmes, I am an incurable Top Gear addict. I love all the presenters, Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond. I'll watch any of their spin-off shows such as James May's 20th Century, Clarkson's 'Inventions That Changed The World' and Richard Hammond's Extreme Wipeout. My favourite spinoff HAS to be Oz Clarke and James May's Great Wine Adventures and their current show 'Drink to Britain'. On February 2nd 2007, I got the call to go to a recording of Top Gear, recording on Feb 15th 2007. I was so shocked my legs nearly caved in under me! Came off the phone and ran around the living room whooping and yelling! My other favourite programmes are Have I Got News For You, QI, Springwatch, Autumnwatch, Big Cat Diary, any David Attenborough wildlife programme, Michael Palin's travel programmes, Red Dwarf and from childhood, the T-Bag programmes, Blue Peter and Going Live.

Music - very wide tastes from Hardcore to classical, Country & Western (Alabama), Erasure, Trance music, the Electric Light Orchestra, Russell Watson, Jean-Michel Jarre, O.M.D., I collect the 'Now' compilations, Van Halen, House, Hard Dance, Gilbert & Sullivan's operettas and my favourite musical is Phantom of the Opera.

Film - Airplane! and the Naked Gun trilogy.

Books (fiction) - the Redwall series by Brian Jacques, the Duncton Wood series by William Horwood and the Harry Potter series.

Books (non-fiction) - The Selfish Gene, The Blind Watchmaker, the Ancestor's Tale and The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Katherine, welcome!

It's interesting that now people have a habit of watching Countdown in the gym! They wouldn't have even thought about doing that 27 years ago!

Also, we get Top Gear on BBC America!
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Jason Larsen wrote: It's interesting that now people have a habit of watching Countdown in the gym!
Maybe not officially advisable, as I got the 9-letter non-conundrum 'CALUMNIES' about 2 series ago, forgot where I was and whooped out loud with delight!!! Believe me, I got some odd stares from the other gym users!
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Maybe the whoop was a tad MASCULINE?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

It's their choice whether they want to talk to you, Katherine.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Maybe the whoop was a tad MASCULINE?
;) :lol: :mrgreen:
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Hi Katherine, Welcome. You're another new interesting bod around here. :D I've just read your post on numbers etc elsewhere and found it fascinating.

So, you're a bird lover. I'd love to be but I have a phobia of them. Especially pheasants, followed by pigeons. Birds scare the hell out of me but I don't hate them, so wouldn't harm them, eat them, or eat an egg. I'm quite rational about my fear though so manage to stay calm, and I've also managed to rescue some birds (with others help) and touch others, so I am trying to tackle my fear.

I've managed to stroke a blue budgie, and hold a baby pigeon on a fleece jumper (because we rescued it from the roadside en route to Carla Lane's sanctuary with my friend driving, my son as a baby in his car seat, and an injured seagul in a box on another seat, so there was no other option than me holding the baby bird). The same friend rescued a couple of ducks from a factory farm once and I had to babysit them one Boxing Day, and because they were white I plucked (no pun intended) up the courage and managed to touch them - eventually managing even their tails and wings.

I've rescued several seaguls and pigeons in my time too, but always with either my husband or a passing stranger's help. I've even paid for a drunk to come on the bus with me to the vet with a seagul before. On a few occassions I have tried to rescue some birds on my own, really trying to put mind over matter and just pick it up and put it in the box, but it always takes me so long that someone notices I'm looking at something, and they come and help.

I would so love to overcome this - I would love to rescue a bird all by myself - but have no idea how to find help, or how much it would cost...

Oops, anyway, that went on quite long - welcome once again! lol

Edit: actually phobia is probably incorrect seeing as how I can manage certain things. Just correcting myself before someone else does.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Lesley Jeavons wrote:So, you're a bird lover.
That don't impress me much.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Pheasant and pigeon are good Countdown words!
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Trying not to quote Jason :mrgreen: , Phil you're a funny guy. You often have me laughing out loud. :lol:

Edit: Oops, and Jason's just posted! lol I don't mean quote him here, just stealing his line! lol
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Jason Larsen wrote:Pheasant and pigeon are good Countdown words!
Maybe that'll help to convince me to like them. :lol:
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Lesley, your personality is priceless!

You remember what I say and it develops into a trend. You must be right about the pheasant and the pigeon!

Phil, I take it you have heard of Shania Twain!
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Lesley Jeavons wrote:Hi Katherine, Welcome. You're another new interesting bod around here. :D I've just read your post on numbers etc elsewhere and found it fascinating.

So, you're a bird lover. I'd love to be but I have a phobia of them. Especially pheasants, followed by pigeons.
Don't visit my garden then - for the last 3 years, a pair of Woodpigeons have raised young there, as well as a pair of Mallard ducks on the other side of the garden! I also get an occasional pheasant visiting and normally nabbing a bit of wheat-based bird food from my ground feeder! We get daily visits from no fewer than 20 House Sparrows too. Four Common Frogs are resident in the garden pond and the back garden is visited nearly every night by two hedgehogs. A Robin normally follows my Dad around (after earthworms) if he's digging the garden. As for species of bird, I've seen 168, my rarest two being Spoonbill and White-rumped Sandpiper. There was a bird ringing display at the Birdfair last August, and I got to hold a Reed Warbler and Goldfinch in my hand.

I have an animal phobia as well - snakes. Not even one of the leading therapists in my area managed to remove the severe fear I get from seeing them. I do the whole waking up screaming thing, with sweating, hyperventilation, nausea, itchy skin and the like.....

** NERVOUS SHUDDER **
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

"Personally I don't see any point in getting all upset by it, every generation has some particular verbal shibboleths and this generation happens to have a written one too. Certainly some people will use it to communicate idiotic or banal messages, but that isn't a shortcoming of the shorthand (and textspeak is nothing more than shorthand, it's hardly a new language.) If older people find it harder to interpret then, well, that's pretty much the point."

Charlie has said it for me, so I won't bother duplicating. But, yes. This.

As for me... ugh, I talk about myself too much as it is. I have a whole website devoted entirely to just that. But I am a novelist (first book published 2004, second book coming up in Germany this summer, third book should be finished by mid march), mother (6-yr-old Felix, 6-month-old Oscar), software engineer (C++, C#, etc), singer (gross amateur) and live storyteller (semi-professional) and I spend waaaaaaaay too much time on the internet.

And I am of course the centre of the universe. But then, isn't everyone?
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Family used to have a blue budgie, it spoke so it was always amusing when it 'mysteriously' picked up swear words and randomly threw them in with other phrases. Had a female cockatiel at the same time, which was tormented incessantly by said budgie.

I walk out most days to the local Ecology Park, take my crappy Fujifilm camera with me just in case. Have plenty of photos on my website - have gotten a kingfisher on a couple of occasions but the photos are nothing special. Intending to get a better camera very soon, there's also a new RSPB reserve opening in the area (Saltholme) very shortly which I'll probably visit a fair bit.

Other than this I do really well at Scrabble tournaments before the inevitable diabolical tiles kick in just as things get interesting. Must be storing up the good luck for the World Championships. These days I also do a fair bit of Wii Fit inspired exercise along with my walks out and jogs back. I'm about 3 stone lighter than I was when I was on Countdown. I'm also heavily into cricket and watch virtually any sport in general.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

PS I love puzzles of all kinds, was brought up on them (by a couple of mathematicians / writers - my family are all physicists, mathematicians and novelists) - I recently devoured Professor Layton and Curious Village on DS.

I'm also in love with words in all their forms, ie pulling them apart (anagrams, cryptic crosswords, Countdown, Scrabble (I'm a bit of a Scrabble freak but have never got round to joining a club or entering a tournament, am certainly not champion standard)), putting them together (novels, poems, song lyrics), speaking them out loud (performance poetry, live storytelling), and watching how they behave in language (studied French and German, love all languages), even hearing them in all accents (there's no such thing as a bad accent IMHO), and seeing them get transmuted by yoof-speak and dialect. I also have a tendency to make words up, mis-pronounce them just for the hell of it, and generally fart around with them. Which beflunticates my parble most weebly, I'm har you'll degroy.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Clare Sudbery wrote:mother (6-yr-old Felix, 6-month-old Oscar)
Have you named your cats yet Jono?
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Jason Larsen wrote:Phil, I take it you have heard of Shania Twain!
Well spotted, Jason. And Lesley, thank you - knowing I've made someone laugh invariably makes my day.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Craig Beevers wrote: there's also a new RSPB reserve opening in the area (Saltholme) very shortly which I'll probably visit a fair bit.
I live near two of them - Frampton Marsh and Freiston Shore which are on the Lincolnshire side of The Wash. Slightly further afield there are two owned by Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust; Gibraltar Point and Kirkby on Bain Gravel Pits. The whole of the North Norfolk Coast is a mere day trip away!
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Paul Howe wrote:
Clare Sudbery wrote:mother (6-yr-old Felix, 6-month-old Oscar)
Have you named your cats yet Jono?
I love these names for kids. My kittens are called Pippa and Penny. They were neutered yesterday so have those big cones around their head, which has lead to all kinds of hilarious consequences. :)

As for me, well, I'm a dog-groomer by day and a dog-fighter by night.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

Speaking of naming kittens after kids... I am not the only Clare in our family. My aunt is also a Clare. But before my aunt... my grandmother had a dog, also called Clare. Who died before her children were born. Her sister was shocked that she could name a child after a dog, but she said she just liked the name. Which I think is fair enough.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Jon O'Neill wrote: I love these names for kids. My kittens are called Pippa and Penny. They were neutered yesterday so have those big cones around their head, which has lead to all kinds of hilarious consequences. :)
Awwww. My dog never looks in the mirror normally, but when she has the cone she presses it right up against the mirror and just stands there wagging her tail. Felix and Oscar are indeed awesome names for just about anything, especially Oscar.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Paul Howe wrote:Felix and Oscar are indeed awesome names for just about anything
They sound like an odd couple to me.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

Yeah I know. But believe it or not we had no idea until after we named them. We'd both seen the film, but years ago, and didn't remember the characters' names. I like it though. I like the idea of them getting old and grumpy together. Great film, too.
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Katherine Birkett wrote:Don't visit my garden then -

I have an animal phobia as well - snakes. Not even one of the leading therapists in my area managed to remove the severe fear I get from seeing them. I do the whole waking up screaming thing, with sweating, hyperventilation, nausea, itchy skin and the like.....

** NERVOUS SHUDDER **
I'm actually quite ok around birds, and I almost got round to holding an owl once at one of those pirds of prey display things as they look like cats. The good thing about live birds is that they fly away so I can handle that. Dead birds (road kill and stuffed) are worse as they stay there, and ones on the road are all over the place with wings poking up etc, urgh.

I'm ok with snakes - my husband used to have a corn snake and he was lovely, but I wasn't so keen on the frozen mice in the freezer alongside the Linda McCartney pies!
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

Clare Sudbery wrote:Yeah I know. But believe it or not we had no idea until after we named them. We'd both seen the film, but years ago, and didn't remember the characters' names. I like it though. I like the idea of them getting old and grumpy together. Great film, too.

My husband has a similar tale. He's a Marilyn Monroe fan and he has two older kids called Beau and Cherry. We were once watching Bus Stop on TV which he hadn't seen since early teens and the central characters were Bo and Cherie. I think somewhere in the wee subconscious corners of his brain he knew the two names sounded as if they went well together.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Paul Howe wrote:Felix and Oscar are indeed awesome names for just about anything, especially Oscar.
CASE IN POINT: In 2007, Hurricane Felix became a monster of a Category 5 system. It was so memorable and destructive the name was retired. It'll become Fernand when that Hurricane names list is re-used in the year 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Felix

Oscar is also on the National Hurricane Center's storm names list and may be used in 2012, subject to how active that particular hurricane season is. As far as I can remember, Oscar is yet to be used for a storm name by the N.H.C.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Lesley Jeavons wrote:I almost got round to holding an owl once at one of those pirds of prey display things as they look like cats.
I had a Barn Owl fly on to my gauntlet-clad hand last summer. It was part of the World Owl Trust's daily 'Meet the Birds' flying display.

The Barn Owl is my favourite species of bird.
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Katherine Birkett wrote:
Craig Beevers wrote: there's also a new RSPB reserve opening in the area (Saltholme) very shortly which I'll probably visit a fair bit.
I live near two of them - Frampton Marsh and Freiston Shore which are on the Lincolnshire side of The Wash. Slightly further afield there are two owned by Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust; Gibraltar Point and Kirkby on Bain Gravel Pits. The whole of the North Norfolk Coast is a mere day trip away!
Nice, Saltholme will be about 4-5 miles away. It would be a pretty quiet route on a bike, other than the odd burnt out car and the ghost ships. That area is covered with miles of chemical works and intentionally flooded fields and Seal Sands so it's not particularly glamorous.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

There are country music fans in England, then!

Wow!
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

The Alabama 3 rock. But of course they are country acid house blues. Or something.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Jason Larsen wrote:There are country music fans in England, then!

Wow!
Not too keen on the over-flowery, schmaltzy Country though..... I like Country tinged with a soupcon of rock mixed in as garnish!
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Good.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

So, that's what you like, Katherine!

You must have grown up listening to that music!
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Impresses me!
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Jason Larsen wrote:So, that's what you like, Katherine!

You must have grown up listening to that music!
No - this is all down to one of their records being played on hospital radio whilst I was there one evening doing some library work!

One of the presenters put 'If You're Gonna Play In Texas' on and started to tap my feet to it! When I got back home I ordered 'The Essential Alabama' from Amazon.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Great!
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Clare Sudbery wrote:The Alabama 3 rock. But of course they are country acid house blues. Or something.
Really interesting your blog and website. I did at one point want to be a professional author, but it never worked out. I'd still like to write something substantial later in life, when I have enough free time. Interesting range of material too - from children's stories to lesbian porn, is that right?
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Hi I am Eoin Monaghan and I support Man United. I play for an U-13 football side and gaelic
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I thought you were too young to play football, Eoin!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Jason Larsen wrote:I thought you were too young to play football, Eoin!
What do you mean by that?
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

"from children's stories to lesbian porn, is that right?"

I could argue the toss about erotica vs porn, but you've got the gist, yes.

"I did at one point want to be a professional author"

There's rarely any money in being a writer, you have to do it for the love of it. Even the writers who are famous and who you may think of as being successful... many of them have a relatively small income. As it is, I'm not sure how much longer I can last before I have to go back to being a software engineer. It's likely I'll have to aim at doing contract IT work in short stints, to fund the writing. Or build up the editorial / critiquing work, workshops, storytelling etc. Still I have yet to experience a Life Moment to beat being rung up by a publisher who wanted to publish my book.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Eoin, you're only a teenager!

I don't know about England, but here in America you don't start work until you are 18.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

football is a very different game in england. you call it soccer.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

ps "u-13" = under-13-yr-olds.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Yes, I know, Clare!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Jason Larsen wrote:Eoin, you're only a teenager!

I don't know about England, but here in America you don't start work until you are 18.
I'm not yet a teenager and I play football as a hobby, not a profession and gaelic is an amateur sport
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I bet you have fun playing football, Eoin!
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Jason Larsen wrote:I bet you have fun playing football, Eoin!
Yes I do, I have a match tomorrow
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Great!
Kate Richardson
Rookie

Post by Kate Richardson »

I'm Kate Richardson just finished filming, my countdown career starts on wednesday 11 feb and ends........well who knows when !

I had an absolute ball, to those of you umming and aahing about applying please just go for it, win or lose you'll have a good time

I'm from Manchester, live with my partner Sara, work for a hiv charity and am active in trades union politics (I'm assistant secretary of Manchester Trades Council)

However I come across as someone into baking, jam making, travelling by train and Man City but I guess that's TV for you.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

kate richardson wrote:I'm Kate Richardson... into baking
one word: sweet or savoury?
kate richardson wrote:jam making
one word: favourite fruit?
kate richardson wrote:Man City
one word: Ka'ka; yes or no?

:) glad you had fun kate!