Spoilers For Wednesday November 3rd 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Wednesday November 3rd 2010

Post by James Robinson »

So, with the series' climax underway in Manchester, we on the other side of the TV timeline will have to make do with how the climax has come to be.

Not that we're complaining of course, with Marcus Hares' brilliant 2nd 2nd win yesterday. Can he maintain his momentum today :?:

I'll be around with the Robinson Recap later. 8-)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Wednesday November 3rd 2010

Post by James Robinson »

REPUTING is OK with us :!: :shock: :o What's going on :?: :?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

James Robinson wrote:REPUTING is OK with us :!: :shock: :o What's going on :?: :?
Looks like it might be a mistake - REPUTE is only in as a verb in the sense of being REPUTED, but I'll leave it to someone who can be bothered to read the tiny writing properly to investigate more thoroughly.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

MELILOT as a DC beater in round 8.
IMPLEAD in round 13 as an equaller.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

i dont no y? i turned on countdown n i saw O_o my name? y likes borken?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Michael Wallace wrote:
James Robinson wrote:REPUTING is OK with us :!: :shock: :o What's going on :?: :?
Looks like it might be a mistake - REPUTE is only in as a verb in the sense of being REPUTED, but I'll leave it to someone who can be bothered to read the tiny writing properly to investigate more thoroughly.
Well, that was Susie's reasoning, but I'll leave it to the experts.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

James Robinson wrote:Well, that was Susie's reasoning, but I'll leave it to the experts.
Suzie is the expert.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Ben Hunter wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Well, that was Susie's reasoning, but I'll leave it to the experts.
Suzie is the expert.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Ben Hunter wrote:
Suzie is the expert.
Ever more proof that I'm not an expert in anything. :lol:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Ben Hunter wrote:
Suzie is the expert.
Allegedly.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Ben Hunter wrote: Suzie is the expert.
I thought Susie was the expert, no?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Invite Aron back. Best contestant in ages. Really enjoyed him, even though I'm sure he generally pissed you lot off.
Niall Seymour
Rookie

Post by Niall Seymour »

I'm not trying to shit stir as despite his awful taste in football teams, Marcus is coming across as a great guy and is always a friendly player on apterous; but what is the official reason for him getting another go after the previous hoo-ha about players (particularly teapot owners coming back?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Niall Seymour wrote:I'm not trying to shit stir as despite his awful taste in football teams, Marcus is coming across as a great guy and is always a friendly player on apterous; but what is the official reason for him getting another go after the previous hoo-ha about players (particularly teapot owners coming back?
Probably just that, he's a really lovely guy. I know you're not too regular here Niall but this has been argued to death, there really is no answer, and you'll only set Philip Jarvis off again.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Niall Seymour wrote:I'm not trying to shit stir as despite his awful taste in football teams, Marcus is coming across as a great guy and is always a friendly player on apterous; but what is the official reason for him getting another go after the previous hoo-ha about players (particularly teapot owners coming back?
Probably just that, he's a really lovely guy. I know you're not too regular here Niall but this has been argued to death, there really is no answer, and you'll only set Philip Jarvis off again.
But there was a point in the past where some past contestants were allowed back then Damian put an abrupt stop to it to the point where at least one person had their audition cancelled. So it does seem strange. And would Damian know how much of a lovely guy he was in advance?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
But there was a point in the past where some past contestants were allowed back then Damian put an abrupt stop to it to the point where at least one person had their audition cancelled. So it does seem strange. And would Damian know how much of a lovely guy he was in advance?
My guess is that nobody knew Marcus had already been on.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Philip Jarvis
Enthusiast

Post by Philip Jarvis »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Just been catching up on recordings / spoilers. Thanks for the mention Matt :lol: As one of the 2 people who had their audition cancelled, I'll give my take on the points Gavin raises. The current application form specifically asks applicants whether they have been on the programme before and contains the following statement:

"Unless otherwise permitted by us at our sole discretion, you will not be eligible to participate if you have appeared in the televised stages of the Programme on any previous occasion"

It would therefore seem that there has been a change in the policy from the blanket ban Damian imposed via this site in July last year. To me, Marcus has the appearance of someone with total honesty and integrity. I therefore cannot imagine him failing to mention on the form that he had previously appeared on the programme. If we accept that point, there must be something which caused ITV Studios Ltd to use their discretion. Looking at Apterous, I note that Marcus and Damian's pseudonym had a series of games earlier this year. Maybe the chat that took place during those games enabled Damian to form the view that he was a lovely guy who merited another appearance. Whether or not my hypothesis is correct, I say "Well done" to Marcus for getting on the programme again and for giving us good entertainment.

Matt's right that when this topic raises it's head I tend to throw in my ten penn'th worth. That's probably because I'm sometimes like a dog with a bone if I feel that something is unfair or an injustice has occurred. Anyway, unless severely provoked in future, I intend to put this one to bed now.
"It's KNACKERED Nick!"
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Philip Jarvis wrote:
"Unless otherwise permitted by us at our sole discretion, you will not be eligible to participate if you have appeared in the televised stages of the Programme on any previous occasion"
Probably not my place to get involved (I will anyway), AFAIK Marcus was invited back on the show by the production team -he didn't apply or ask to go back on- and so far I think they were right to do so; he has been entertaining to watch and he is a really nice guy. So you shouldn't feel hard done by, they are doing their best to be fair to everybody (I think). It could be a possibility that the show gets to a point where they ask old contestants back so that they don't have to let the standard start slipping, so I would advise you to stop whining about other contestants being allowed back on before you spoil your chance of ever being invited back.