Countdown Wiki

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Dave Preece
Devotee

Countdown Wiki

Post by Dave Preece »

Can we please have the names of known forthcoming contestants filled in on the latest series wiki page please, a bit like known air dates and known dictionary corner guests are filling in in advance?

No spoilers will be shown and the grid will become FAR more informative.

Hope you can, who actually updates the wiki?

I also think this will allow us all to see and maybe pan out how we think things might shape up?
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Countdown Wiki

Post by Mark Deeks »

Isn't it more fun not knowing? I always thought so.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Also you could get two people's names filled in on the same day, and then if neither of them were playing the day before you'd be all OMG TWO NEW CONTESTANTS THAT MEANS THERE'S AN OCTOCHAMP OR A PAEDO OR SOMETHING and it would spoil the surprise of there being an octochamp or a paedo. Or even an octopaedochamp, like Jono.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

I think octopaedo is the technically correct plural of octopus, actually. Also, Jono.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Jon Corby wrote:Also you could get two people's names filled in on the same day, and then if neither of them were playing the day before you'd be all OMG TWO NEW CONTESTANTS THAT MEANS THERE'S AN OCTOCHAMP OR A PAEDO OR SOMETHING and it would spoil the surprise of there being an octochamp or a paedo. Or even an octopaedochamp, like Jono.

LOLOL!!!

Good point, but common sense would only mark the first one to reveal thir date...

Still LingOL!!!
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Mark Deeks wrote:Isn't it more fun not knowing? I always thought so.
But the 'fun' isn't lessened any by knowing the DC guest?

Where's the difference?

Plus we all know from a thread on here when some players are going on — if posted!
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

You wouldn't have to have the names filled for the next two weeks but It'd be nice to know the name of the contestant who appears the next day..... just in case the camera pans the name too quick or has omitted to get it in shot as sometimes has happened in the past.

Mauro
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

szodiac wrote:You wouldn't have to have the names filled for the next two weeks but It'd be nice to know the name of the contestant who appears the next day..... just in case the camera pans the name too quick or has omitted to get it in shot as sometimes has happened in the past.

Mauro

Good point, but I'm sure Deeks or O'Neil or some other negative-hanger-around, will poo-poo this — as ever!!!
Last edited by Dave Preece on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

For someone so keen on arguing and debating, you really are incredibly easily butt hurt aren't you?
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

szodiac wrote:You wouldn't have to have the names filled for the next two weeks but It'd be nice to know the name of the contestant who appears the next day..... just in case the camera pans the name too quick or has omitted to get it in shot as sometimes has happened in the past.

Mauro
I didn't think they told us who was on the next day anyway. When did that start?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Mark Deeks wrote:For someone so keen on arguing and debating, you really are incredibly easily butt hurt aren't you?
Don't be so negetive.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Gavin Chipper wrote:

Mauro
I didn't think they told us who was on the next day anyway. When did that start?
Didn't they use to do it in the late Whiteley era?
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Definitely did!
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Dave Preece wrote:
Mark Deeks wrote:Isn't it more fun not knowing? I always thought so.
But the 'fun' isn't lessened any by knowing the DC guest?

Where's the difference?

Plus we all know from a thread on here when some players are going on — if posted!
The difference is that forthcoming DC guests are announced on Countdown's Twitter feed and in TV listings, so it's verified information in the public domain. Publishing contestant air dates is more of a grey area. Some people might not want their air date known in advance. Sometimes people's future debut dates come from unverified rumour, and on at least one occasion someone invented a completely fictitious filming date, transmission date and entire octorun despite never having been anywhere near the studio. This is all in addition to the problem Jon Corby has pointed out about two people debuting on the same day.
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Fair enough!
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

I still feel ever so butthurt though! :-(
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Graeme Cole wrote:on at least one occasion someone invented a completely fictitious filming date, transmission date and entire octorun despite never having been anywhere near the studio
Who was this? Nguyen?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matt Morrison wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:on at least one occasion someone invented a completely fictitious filming date, transmission date and entire octorun despite never having been anywhere near the studio
Who was this? Nguyen?
I think it was Rhys Benjamin. :P
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:

Mauro
Didn't they use to do it in the late Whiteley era?
Yeah but I got from Mauro's post that they did this now.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

James Robinson wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
Who was this? Nguyen?
I think it was Rhys Benjamin. :P
Frank Rodolf.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles