Spoilers For Monday November 28th 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday November 28th 2011

Post by James Robinson »

So, we've heading into the final straights now. Just 3 weeks to go, but as early as tomorrow, we could have the finished line-up for our finals, but I suppose it will all hinge on how well our champion gets on after an impressive debut on Friday.

That champion in question is Kirsten Thompson, the Scunthorpe United supporting-Sheffielder, who despite a few nervous moments in the last part on Friday, put in a top draw show. Can she continue her good form today, I wonder :?:

Back in DC for his 2nd stint of the series is ice skater turned Dancing on Ice judge, Robin Cousins.

Join Rhys later for the recap. ;) :) :D
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Spoilers For Monday November 28th 2011

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:Just 3 weeks to go, but as early as tomorrow, we could have the finished line-up for our finals
Can you explain this to the uninitiated and statistics-unaware?
If there is 3 weeks left that's 15 shows, as long as there is 8 or more shows left then surely everything can change?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:
James Robinson wrote:Just 3 weeks to go, but as early as tomorrow, we could have the finished line-up for our finals
If there is 3 weeks left that's 15 shows, as long as there is 8 or more shows left then surely everything can change?
I'm guessing the 3 weeks to go refers to "until the end of the series" rather than the finals starting, which means there is only 8 prelims remaining.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah, guess I could have just looked at a calendar.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Jon Corby wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:
I'm guessing the 3 weeks to go refers to "until the end of the series" rather than the finals starting, which means there is only 8 prelims remaining.
Matt Morrison wrote:Yeah, guess I could have just looked at a calendar.
Indeed, but in case you are still stuck, I'll gladly explain. If tomorrow's challenger wins, then the most they can win before the series is done is 7, but since they can't retire, they'd have to play their 8th game in the New Year, which would mean that all 8 seeds would be safe as #8 has 7 wins.

That's how early it can be.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Thanks James, I don't have a problem counting to 8, was just confused by your sentence which seemed to refer to "end of the preliminaries" and "end of the series" as one and the same thing, sorry!
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

At the end of the game Matt, the person who has scored the most points overall is declared "the winner", and continues onto the next day to face a new challenger. The number of these wins is accumulated (up to a maximum of eight) and then at the end of the preliminaries all contestants are ranked in order of number of wins (highest to lowest) and number of points (highest to lowest). The top eight from this sorted list then go forward to play in the series knockout finals.
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Post by Tony Atkins »

2nd numbers (in about a minute): (9 x 100) - (( 75 - (50/25)) x 4)
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

Tony Atkins wrote:2nd numbers (in about a minute): (9 x 100) - (( 75 - (50/25)) x 4)
Took me about five minutes.

ENTRESOL in round 7, not the first time DC's missed that recently. Also OPERANDS in round 2.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Round ten, took me ages: (25*9-75+(100/50))*4. Sanitise was there in round 11 too.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Andy Platt wrote:Round ten, took me ages: (25*9-75+(100/50))*4. Sanitise was there in round 11 too.
I did that method just inside the 30 seconds, which I was well happy with, as I only got 993 in the first one. :x

PADRONES in round 2, CERIUM in round 3, RAREBITS in round 4 and VOYEURS in round 12.