Show Me the Funny

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Show Me the Funny

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Did anyone watch this? I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I didn't really do my research so I was (perhaps over-optimistically) expecting maybe two of the ten to go through and then a whole new lot next week and then all the best back for the final. But no, it's a dreary drawn-out X-Factor/Pop Idol style get-rid-of-one-at-a-time affair. And also, I couldn't give a shit about what they got up to in town beforehand. Let's watch their sets instead!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Show Me the Funny

Post by Gavin Chipper »

So do none of you losers watch this? I know it's not exactly the best programme in the world, but I always think stand-up makes a good discussion.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

Gavin Chipper wrote:So do none of you losers watch this? I know it's not exactly the best programme in the world, but I always think stand-up makes a good discussion.
I've never ever heard of it to be honest. What channel is it on? It's sounds like its an X factor style talent show for comedians. I can't imagine that would make good discussion other than discussing how bad the people on it are at comedy.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Mark James wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:So do none of you losers watch this? I know it's not exactly the best programme in the world, but I always think stand-up makes a good discussion.
I've never ever heard of it to be honest. What channel is it on? It's sounds like its an X factor style talent show for comedians. I can't imagine that would make good discussion other than discussing how bad the people on it are at comedy.
It's on ITV1 on Monday's at about 9pm. On the plus side, this is effectively a countdown to the start of The X Factor, woo.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I play a variant of this with my bird, called "Show Me The Fanny".

It's pretty much the same actually, we tour different cities in the UK doing a sort of stand-up comedy reality competition type thing. It's just got a different name.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Shouldn't this thread be in other game shows?
Oh, shit I'm for it now, just realised this is one of Jon's threads :P
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Did anyone watch the final last night? It seemed a little bit as if the whole thing was set up from the start for Pat to win. I don't know how they picked the contestants in the first place, but they were wildly differing in experience and likelihood to win. I think Pat was probably the most established of them all. And then in the final, the running order was picked for them (not even randomly), and he got to go on last. I preferred Dan anyway. Pat is a good warm-up act because he's very confident and good at talking to the audience but I found his material a bit generic.