Spoilers For Monday March 21st 2011

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Monday March 21st 2011

Post by James Robinson »

WAHEY! WE'RE BACK!! ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-) And about time too. :roll:

If watching last Monday's special has whetted your appetite for Countdown, believe you're not the only one, as our brilliant show is returning and will not be interrupted (except for the weekends) for a good while yet.

Let me remind you of where we stand:

We currently have 3 octochamps already, and if all goes well we might have a 4th on Thursday, as our very own Andy McGurn is now a half-octochamp, and just needs 4 more wins to become that treasured of titles, an octochamp. 8-)

Hoping to stop him in his tracks today is another Apteforumite, James Hall. Will this be an epic Apteforumite bash-up, I wonder :?:

Back in DC for his 2nd spell this week is investigative journalist, Donal MacIntyre.

Appropriately, as today is the first day of Spring, Marcus Hares will be springing out of the undergrowth to give today's recap later on. ;) :) :D
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Re: Spoilers For Monday March 21st 2011

Post by Joseph Krol »

R6: SOONEST
Tom Barnes
Rookie

Post by Tom Barnes »

r8: EPOXIED/EPOXIDE
Tom Barnes
Rookie

Post by Tom Barnes »

r11: ARMOIRES
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Haha loved James. Best buzzing in of this series so far, his whole reaction after hitting it so hard was funny too. And did he do the wanker sign to Andy at the end there?
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Watched the last 5 minutes of this episode. Pissed off the guy didn't pick r for PINAFORES; snook into my grandparents house as the last two letters were being picked, and could have made pinafores the first thing I said to them, would have been a great entrance.

Good conundrum solve by the other chap. Shame he blobbed on the 6 small, maybe he would have got it normally and it was just the pressure that got to him. It was quite a lucky selection for the guy to get considering the situation, the exact sort of one you would expect somebody half decent at 6 small to get, and anybody else to get nowhere near to.
Josh Hurst
Enthusiast

Post by Josh Hurst »

AUDIBLES was there in round three as a beater. Well played "guys" (that's me taking the piss out of that brother guy of mine). Very tough break in the toughed/toughie round James.
Malcolm James
Acolyte

Post by Malcolm James »

I thought WANTERS had previously been disallowed. Is it a new addition in ODE3?
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Malcolm James wrote:I thought WANTERS had previously been disallowed. Is it a new addition in ODE3?
Indeed, the recap, when it appears, is now ODE3 integrated. You'll find that was the darren in that round. :geek:
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

James Robinson wrote:
Malcolm James wrote:I thought WANTERS had previously been disallowed. Is it a new addition in ODE3?
Indeed, the recap, when it appears, is now ODE3 integrated. You'll find that was the darren in that round. :geek:
Just for the record, WANTERS was introduced with the ODE2, so it's not that new an addition. :ugeek:
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Josh Hurst wrote:..Very tough break in the toughed/toughie round James.
If you can TOUGH it Out then you would have thought that you might have TOUGHED it out in the past!
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
James Hall
Acolyte

Post by James Hall »

JackHurst wrote: Shame he blobbed on the 6 small, maybe he would have got it normally and it was just the pressure that got to him. It was quite a lucky selection for the guy to get considering the situation, the exact sort of one you would expect somebody half decent at 6 small to get, and anybody else to get nowhere near to.
Yeah, just the pressure. I was nearby but had lost my train of thought slightly just as the 30 seconds was up, hence my pause before declaring nothing. Turns out I had 915.
And on the R12 pick, I was playing for an E for PEONIES. Figured it wasn't an unlikely letter to hope for, and as a mildly obscure word it might have pulled me back into the game.
Ryan Taylor wrote:Haha loved James. Best buzzing in of this series so far, his whole reaction after hitting it so hard was funny too. And did he do the wanker sign to Andy at the end there?
Hehe yes I rather surprised myself when I hit the buzzer! And that was just me re-enacting attacking the buzzer with my fist, not any kind of sign towards Andy!

We both had WANTERS written down but neither of us risked it because it sounded so clumsy.
__