Favourite Comic Books & Please will you help me before Mon?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Soph K
Devotee

Favourite Comic Books & Please will you help me before Mon?

Post by Soph K »

Hiya, everyone.

What is your fave comic book?
What are your favourite comic books?
I have to say, I don't normally read comic books - just magazines - so I don't have a favourite, but the Beano ones seem quite good and popular.
(By the way, if you were wondering, the reason why I didn't do a poll is because I don't know many comic books.)

Please will you help me?
For homework, I have to do a comic strip about anything, but I have no idea what to do it about.
(By the way, this homework's for Tuesday, so please will you give me a few ideas - sensible or funny - before Monday morning?)

Thanks,
Soph.
One Direction are my life. <3
"The reason for life is to find out who you are"
"It always seems impossible until it's done" :)
Love loads of celebs to be honest... Might marry Nicky Maccy :P
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: Favourite Comic Books & Please will you help me?

Post by Mark James »

My favourite comics were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures. Specifically the Adventures ones cause there were other ones that were crap but the story lines in Adventures were amazing. Especially the one were April gets stranded in this town were all the residents are drugged and brainwashed by mutants created by the toxic crap from the local factory. And the ones were they go to Japan and fight a giant demon and learn about Japanese mythology, then they trek around Asia to meet the Charlie Llama (who's kinda like the Dali Lama but is an actual llama) and then on to the middle east where they talk about the origins of Islam. Well educational as well as entertaining. Oh, and they have a run in with the four horse men of the apocalypse too. Just brilliant stuff. Unfortunately they stopped distributing them to Ireland around issue 39 for some reason. There went on to be 72 which I managed to catch up on thanks to an archive website but the link from the wiki page is not working any more.

As for your own comic book, when I was a kid I used to draw my own comic book about all the stuff in my pencil case coming to life and having one on one street fighter style fights with each other, and they all had special moves and stuff. You can nick that idea if you want. Or just do something about your pets.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Re: Favourite Comic Books & Please will you help me before M

Post by JimBentley »

Soph K wrote:Please will you help me?
For homework, I have to do a comic strip about anything, but I have no idea what to do it about.
(By the way, this homework's for Tuesday, so please will you give me a few ideas - sensible or funny - before Monday morning?)
You should base it on this story that your brother posted in the New Year's Eve thread.
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Mark James wrote:My favourite comics were the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures. Specifically the Adventures ones cause there were other ones that were crap but the story lines in Adventures were amazing. Especially the one were April gets stranded in this town were all the residents are drugged and brainwashed by mutants created by the toxic crap from the local factory. And the ones were they go to Japan and fight a giant demon and learn about Japanese mythology, then they trek around Asia to meet the Charlie Llama (who's kinda like the Dali Lama but is an actual llama) and then on to the middle east where they talk about the origins of Islam. Well educational as well as entertaining. Oh, and they have a run in with the four horse men of the apocalypse too.
Cool...for boys. Or extreme tomboys...
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

Mark James wrote:As for your own comic book, when I was a kid I used to draw my own comic book about all the stuff in my pencil case coming to life and having one on one street fighter style fights with each other, and they all had special moves and stuff. You can nick that idea if you want. Or just do something about your pets.
Ace idea. Thanks.
Soph K
Devotee

Post by Soph K »

JimBentley wrote:
Soph K wrote:Please will you help me?
You should base it on this story that your brother posted in the New Year's Eve thread.
Good idea. Thank you.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

The Beano was good, although since they toned down the kids getting battered as punishment, it's lost a little something.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles