Kevin Bishop Show - CH4

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Kevin Bishop Show - CH4

Post by Chris Corby »

This Friday night on Channel 4 there is the Kevin Bishop Show which features a spoof version of COUNTDOWN as produced by and starring Americans - are you paying attention Jason Larsen? Hopefully it will be on YOUTUBE sometime.

Clip I saw looks fun. Apologies if anyone else has brought this to the forum's attention elsewhere............
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: KEVIN BISHOP SHOW - CH4

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Where did you see the clip? On TV or online?
Chris Corby
Devotee

Re: KEVIN BISHOP SHOW - CH4

Post by Chris Corby »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Where did you see the clip? On TV or online?

Channel 4 are trailing it between programmes
Chris Corby
Devotee

Re: Kevin Bishop Show - CH4

Post by Chris Corby »

Sorry to have recommended it folks. The 10 secs I saw in advance looked promising, the rest of the clip (about another 20secs) was shite. It was on early in the programme, I don't know if it returned later because I abandoned the show after 10 minutes :|
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Chris Corby wrote:Sorry to have recommended it folks. The 10 secs I saw in advance looked promising, the rest of the clip (about another 20secs) was shite. It was on early in the programme, I don't know if it returned later because I abandoned the show after 10 minutes :|
The clip shown early on was the only clip they used. They kept on going back onto Jonathan Ross for quite a few of the sketches, which got annoying.

As for the clip I found it funny, especially what "Carol" did to the losing contestant at the end.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Chris Corby wrote:Sorry to have recommended it folks. The 10 secs I saw in advance looked promising, the rest of the clip (about another 20secs) was shite. It was on early in the programme, I don't know if it returned later because I abandoned the show after 10 minutes :|
I've watched the first few shows of this and found it pretty good. Anyone else?

The Jesus sitcom was good. God: "My only son - a twat."
Stewart Scott
Rookie

Post by Stewart Scott »

The show's a bit hit and miss really, some of the sketches are brilliant but others aren't so good

The Countdown USA one I did find funny though :lol:
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

I do think that the show is quite original and funny. :lol:
The US Countdown sketch did extract the Michael from Americans, but I'm sure they can take a joke.
I shouldn't explain, as I think (am I right?) that some children belong to this forum, but I thought that the Michael Caine sketch in Fri 15th August's episode was hysterical.
I won't be able to consider the quote "You were only supposed to blow The bloody Doors off" in quite the same light again! :shock:
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Julie T wrote: I shouldn't explain, as I think (am I right?) that some children belong to this forum
I can't think of any. In any case, this is the Internet, it's not censored for children.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I can't remember if it was last Friday, but there was a skit of a children's game, that was based on the events of 9/11, which I honestly thought was crossing a line.

The newspaper DVD offer skits are quite funny.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Joseph Bolas wrote:I can't remember if it was last Friday, but there was a skit of a children's game, that was based on the events of 9/11, which I honestly thought was crossing a line.
I enjoyed that sketch. Sorry.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

If I were (was?) a moderator, I would combine this thread, this thread, and this thread.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.