COLIN puzzles

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Ben Wilson
Legend

COLIN puzzles

Post by Ben Wilson »

Evening all

As promised, here are the puzzles from the COLIN puzzle mag as enjoyed by all attendees of the tournament last Saturday- Ryan's already posted his crossword and the conundrums have been posted in the events forum, so that just leaves the sudoku, the keyword and the maze.

The sudoku

Once you've solved it like a regular sudoku, use the six shaded squares in classic numbers game fashion to make the three-digit target in the centre square.

The keyword

As with all keyword puzzles, each number in the grid represents a letter. Simply crack the code to win. If you need a little help, here are a couple of letters in white to get you started-

24=L
16=G

The maze

Get from one red spot to the other, collecting letters along the way. Your goal is to collect nine letters and make a nine letter word that can be found in the ODE.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: COLIN puzzles

Post by Mark James »

When I click the links there's no shaded squares on the sudoku and there's no lines or numbers on the grid for the keyword puzzle.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I thought I'd done the keyword then realised that I'd spotted a phantom T. I thought it was PATERNITY
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

It's been a month, so I thought it time to stick a few solutions out there.

Solution to the sudoku.

(Hopefully the only) solution to the maze.

Solution to the keyword.