What Are You Doing For NYE?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Douglas Wilson
Enthusiast

What Are You Doing For NYE?

Post by Douglas Wilson »

I will be attending a low key party at a friends.

What will YOU be doing and more importantly how much will you drink?!?!?
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Re: What Are You Doing For NYE?

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Home alone. With wine.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Devon with Heather. Probably booze on the beach, pretty romantic. Sex at some point. Perhaps.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Piss up at my place with friends including my awesome Big Fat Quiz of the Year. Then head into town for more drinking. Then roll into work at 9am with probably no sleep from the previous night and still smelling foul.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Just been invited to a meal at a friends' place, I assume that'll be followed by the fireworks in town at midnight, thence to a pub.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

The local Wine Club isn't doing anything this year - falling membership etc., so I'll be staying in. I do have some Laphroaig, but as my nose isn't doing anything useful just now :( , will just raise a glass of an anonymous blended malt from M&S. :|
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Nothing thanks to my Dad.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

If last year was anything to go by, it'll be up the local for fun and festivities, throwing some shapes to the pretty good band they've got on, trying to avoid kisses from the resident alcoholics, then a select group back to ours for champagne, pool and Wii games, munchies, tunes, bit of a singalong to the geetar and joanna, and laughs. It's the usual format but normally it's a pretty good night :)

Hope you all have a fab and very happy New Year! :D
Lowering the averages since 2009
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

As I HAVE ENDED THE YEAR AS THE ORIGINAL bILLY NO MATES i might as well change my name to Buzz Killington and find out if the theme tune from M A S H is really true.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Happy New Year everyone!

First post of 2011 :)
Ralph Gillions
Devotee

Post by Ralph Gillions »

Happy new year to you all.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Marc Meakin wrote:As I HAVE ENDED THE YEAR AS THE ORIGINAL bILLY NO MATES i might as well change my name to Buzz Killington and find out if the theme tune from M A S H is really true.
Turns out he was not right ......(attempted) suicidide is painful particularly when you mix up the sleeping pills for laxatives still there is always the solice one gets from being sectioned under the mental health act.
Ironic that a man who has spouted nothing but sht on this forum is finally where he belongs because of an enormous shit.

Oh and I'M BRINGING APRIL FOOLS FORWARD BY 4 MONTHS

Happy new year pop pickers.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

My brain maybe a bit addled but i am unable to post any new topics but i want to say this
This
No really I WILL START AGAIN.
I want to make this new year a new start for me and also for all you Meakin haters.
I HAVE HAD A ROLLERCOASTER OF A YEAR WHICH i have been at times , unable to cope with and was getting a blocked spleen at regular intervals.
I WILL TRY TO MAKE ONLY RELEVANT AND/OR INTERESTING POSTS with cogent and relevant replies I will try and do a 'James Robinson' (copyright protected) and go from being universally disliked to respected and admired (ok not in a year but who knows).
One last sorry for everyone (yes even you DoD) FOR EVERYONE I PISSED OFF LAST YEAR.
Oh and any chance of a lift to COLin :)
If one of you clever types can put this as a new topic under the heading '2011 a clean slate' then i owe you a pint.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Best of luck Marc.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

I went to a party at my dad's mate's house and did a quiz and everyone complained it was too hard. Then I had my first taste of vodka and my only alcoholic drink of the night when I drank Coke from a glass that still had remnants of vodka in from the last use. Then it became 2011. Then we all lit chinese lanterns. I drew a crude Countdown clock on mine. It seemed to be going up but a starling flew into it and it landed in next door's garden. :oops:
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matt Morrison wrote:Best of luck Marc.
Thanks mate, now for fuck sake make that apterous baby will you :)
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

I made a gigantic bucket of tandoori chicken legs and brought em up to a mates place where we played bowling on his xbox knect, got well drunk and a little bit high, listened to lots of great tunes, had a bit of a sing song and that kind of thing as various people came and went, either all partied out or heading to/coming from work. The last two of us who were still (just about) standing at 8pm went for an epic walk in 'The Glen' before heading back home to cook breakfast and watch a bunch of short films. This brought us to about 2pm when we decided it was time for our first pints of 2011. We pub crawled it til about 7 with Beamish/Guinness and hot port/whiskies, then went for gourmet burgers and I finally staggered home at about 9, remembering at the last minute to feed my neighbours cats. In work an hour early this morning as I got the start time wrong, due to swapping my usual shift so I can sing some songs with this man later, who also likes to sing along with Joanna, Lesley. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybT-1cIQKeY

Bit of a big blow out. Might have a couple of pints later but no more booze for the forseeable after that, new years resolution number 1. Happy New Year dudes and may 2011 be a great one for you.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Cheers Andy, good story too. How good is the kinect? Not that I'd ever be in the market for one but I am quite intrigued and haven't had the chance to play yet.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Ah it's pretty deadly now in fairness although I'd say the novelty would wear off pretty quickly. I only played wii a couple of times and remember bowling being about the most enjoyable game I tried. Same goes for this yoke. Only real difference being you don't have to hold a controller. Good laugh. Even girls can play it.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Andy Wilson wrote:...remembering at the last minute to feed my neighbours cats.
Couldn't they have cooked them for themselves? Still, more interesting than playing Glenn Miller in a big band, which was my entertainment for the evening.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Brian Moore wrote:
Andy Wilson wrote:...remembering at the last minute to feed my neighbours cats.
Couldn't they have cooked them for themselves? Still, more interesting than playing Glenn Miller in a big band, which was my entertainment for the evening.
Presumably you made some brass...
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Ryan Taylor wrote: Presumably you made some brass...
shazam