What's wrong with meakin?

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

WHAT'S WRONG WITH MEAKIN

BIPOLAR DISORDER 5/2
11%
SCHIZOTYPAL 4/1
11%
SCHIZOPHRENIA 10/1
11%
DYSPRAXIA 12/1
11%
OTHER SYMPTOM THAT ENDS IN 'IA' 25/1
33%
REACTION TO MEDICATION 33/1
No votes
ABDUCTED BY ALIENS AND REPLACED WITH ANDROID 100/1
11%
TAKEN OVER BY THE SPIRIT OF HUGHIE GREEN 500/1
No votes
REALLY A FIGMENT OF ALL YOUR IMAGINATIONS 10000/1
11%

Total votes: 9

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

What's wrong with meakin?

Post by Marc Meakin »

I am going for a psychiactric evaluation next week because since I have had my heart surgery and have come out oif my depression my personality has taken a channge for the worst.
Although i am much more assertive I am also suffering from inappropriate euphoria, bouts of aggression, spending money like water.Showing signs of eccentricity (petty theft,spontaneous singing and joke telling)
Not to mention my part in Sanctumgate.
So cos it coulkd be my last poll I am offering odds on this, just for fun (fuck off hughie)
But I aint no bookie.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: What's wrong with meakin?

Post by Charlie Reams »

No more new topics please.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Marc Meakin wrote:But I aint no bookie.
If you were, you would be LAD BROKE(s) lolz
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Dyspraxia is easy money as you used to mention it with every post Meakin. Unless you don't have it and you're actually a congenital liar (available at 14/1).

Channel 4 should definitely make a documentary about you.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Jon Corby wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:But I aint no bookie.
If you were, you would be LAD BROKE(s) lolz
That joke alone justifies the topic Charlie
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:No more new topics please.
Explanation required (not a ban though eh mate!)
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:Channel 4 should definitely make a documentary about you.
Channel 5 more like, it's their kind of thing.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:No more new topics please.
Does it matter? At least they're not death threats.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

None of the above- just boring, mentally ill gruel contributing nothing to the world.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matthew Green wrote:None of the above- just boring, mentally ill gruel contributing nothing to the world.
Welcome back Matthew.
I knew you couldn't stay away you take that loving paedophile.
Btw how is your daughter, still going to the Josef Fritzl mother and toddler group :)
Edit: think I've finally fallen on my sword (nee naw nee naw, here comes the free speech police)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Matthew Green wrote:None of the above- just boring, mentally ill gruel contributing nothing to the world.
Welcome back Matthew.
Btw how is your daughter, still going to the Josef Fritzl mother and toddler group :)
Edit: think I've finally fallen on my sword (nee naw nee naw, here comes the free speech police)
:lol: If you really must try so hard to be offensive, you could at least write something which makes sense. How about getting a grown-up to read your posts before you submit them?

Edit: My dad never got that letter you wrote him, I hope you weren't just macho posturing.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

It is fair to say that you lose any credibility in the way that you conduct your posts. Do you never read them before clicking the submit button? And this whole thing with CAPS LOCKS is really annoying, can't you just go back and type it in lower case? I'm not having a go, but these are just pointers that might help for the forum. I mean you've not even capitalised your own name in the title of this topic, although perhaps that is significant...
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:
Welcome back Matthew.
:lol: If you really must try so hard to be offensive, you could at least write something which makes sense. How about getting a grown-up to read your posts before you submit them?

Edit: My dad never got that letter you wrote him, I hope you weren't just macho posturing.
Charlie, if you must go back to 'Sanctumgate', er death threats not real, cutting Nebs break cable not real and the only reason i mentioned your dad at all is because the only reference you ever made to him that I remember that he uses a mobility scooter and I wanted to prick your conscience and make you sweat seeing as you was defending posts made about my (then) disabled girlfriend.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Let me explain the type of person i am in this recent anecdote:(mostly in lower case, thanks Ryan)
I was trying to get to east london by tube the other day from russell square but i was skint
(quelle suprise)so i told the station supervisor that i couldnt get a ticket cos i couldnt get my damaged debit card to work but my girlfriend was waiting at stratford to pay my fare (yes i do lie sometimes)anyway all he kept saying was not my problem mate, he was saying it like a mantra and was pissing me off tbh.
Anyway i then had a braiunstorm and said quite loudly, 'did you just mutter that i was a jewish cunt, under your breath' he denied it and i said that i have 2 winesses that heard you and that they will say so in court.
So he said where are they then and i told him iu was on my way to get them.....i know people that will say anything for a tenner..........
The supervisor looked nervous cos i had his detasils, but i had no intention of carrying it through, but he ruined my morning and i wanted to ruin his.

Nuff said?

Tme for disection lol
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Let me explain the type of person i am in this recent anecdote:(mostly in lower case, thanks Ryan)
I was trying to get to east london by tube the other day from russell square but i was skint
(quelle suprise)so i told the station supervisor that i couldnt get a ticket cos i couldnt get my damaged debit card to work but my girlfriend was waiting at stratford to pay my fare (yes i do lie sometimes)anyway all he kept saying was not my problem mate, he was saying it like a mantra and was pissing me off tbh.
Anyway i then had a braiunstorm and said quite loudly, 'did you just mutter that i was a jewish cunt, under your breath' he denied it and i said that i have 2 winesses that heard you and that they will say so in court.
So he said where are they then and i told him iu was on my way to get them.....i know people that will say anything for a tenner..........
The supervisor looked nervous cos i had his details, but i had no intention of carrying it through, but he ruined my morning and i wanted to ruin his.

Nuff said?

Tme for disection lol
Whats wrong with meakin is that he keeps repeating himself lol
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote: Charlie, if you must go back to 'Sanctumgate', er death threats not real, cutting Nebs break cable not real and the only reason i mentioned your dad at all is because the only reference you ever made to him that I remember that he uses a mobility scooter
Urm, no he doesn't? Literally no idea where you got this from.
and I wanted to prick your conscience and make you sweat seeing as you was defending posts made about my (then) disabled girlfriend.
lol what. I had no idea that your girlfriend was disabled, and I didn't make any reference to that in anything I said. Also, you appear to have a very condescending attitude towards disabled people.
Marc Meakin wrote:Let me explain the type of person i am in this recent anecdote:(mostly in lower case, thanks Ryan)
The supervisor looked nervous cos i had his detasils, but i had no intention of carrying it through, but he ruined my morning and i wanted to ruin his.

Nuff said?

Tme for disection lol
Do you ever look back on things you've done and think "wow, I really am pondlife"?
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Marc Meakin wrote:Let me explain the type of person i am in this recent anecdote:(mostly in lower case, thanks Ryan)

Nuff said?

Tme for disection lol
There's no difference between this and the slag who threatened to tell my (pregnant at the time) other half that I'd tried it on with her in order to dodge a £6 taxi fare. Any sympathy I may have expressed for you in the past, consider it evaporated.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Why are you only allowed to select one option on the poll?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote:Let me explain the type of person i am in this recent anecdote
It wasn't what I expected from someone wanting to get on in this forum. Pull yourelf together!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Marc Meakin wrote:I was trying to get to east london by tube the other day from russell square but i was skint
Marc Meakin wrote:i know people that will say anything for a tenner..........
How much does the tube cost nowadays?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ryan Taylor wrote:How much does the tube cost nowadays?
There's a dickhead surcharge.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Marc Meakin wrote:Tme for disection lol
You're the kind of person who, when they try to scam somebody, gets offended when the person they're scamming doesn't fall for it, i.e. one of the worst types of people in the world. Not to mention you're also an unfunny and stupid attention seeker with a child's mental age. This would normally just add up to you being an object of pity, but the fact you're really aggressive as well makes you the kind of person that most people in this world try to avoid. Pretty unlucky for C4C that you've decided to thrust yourself upon a small community on the internet that has little choice but to put up with you (unless Charlie bans you for life, which I hope he does, for your sake as well as ours).

You're like the guy who goes to the same pub every night to act like a massive twat despite the fact everybody there hates him. Please just get a life outside this forum, it's embarrassing to watch a man sink to these depths.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Not funny, not interesting, not significant.

Better off dead and thats not even a joke.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

As that big nosed irish queer put it (I assumed he had a big nose or else why let Stephen Fry play him)
There is one thing worse than being talked and that is not being talked about.
Cant be bothered to quote those that have recently posted but in reply, sorry Charlie I once made a funny joke (definition is that Mr Reams liked it)about using the battery off your dad;s mobility scooter to power your server and as you didn't correct me I assumed he was, sorry for that as for the disability reference re read my posts and the the sanctum posts about her (there is a new her now btw) and as you were loathe to condemn those posts assumed if you are not against them you agree with them, sorry again for the semantics faux par.
Aso those of you who go to great pains to avoid paying your tv license (you know who you are) are no better than me trying to bunk a £4 tube fair.
Ben Hunter, did your mother have any kids that lived?
Matthew Green go back under your rock you just don't cut it anymore I was sorry that I requested your return on facebook go back to championing paedophiles (not so funny now you got a daughter...........and if there is a god then what goes around comes around (well that's what julie T said anyway.
Liam and others sorry if my anecdote offended you (although how you can compere a £4 tube fare with accusations of sexual assault probably says more about you than me)
I am Honest with you all if nothing else.
As Bertram j. Bassett once said 'it takes allsorts to make a world.
Thank you and goodnight
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Now I'm convinced you're mad (and this is coming from "the voice of reason").

I think what you did was every bit as bad as allegations of sexual assault. Threatening to use bribed, perjured testimony using racism charges against an innocent man just doing his job to dodge a 4 lousy quid fare? Wtf? What if his supervisor had overheard it? You could have lost the guy his job, or left him with a criminal record. No wonder he looked nervous. Don't you realise how serious what you did is? Honestly? I'd be nervous too in the face of someone who's completely bonkers.

Congratulations Marc. Homophobe, racist, liar, perjurer, thief, aggressor, bigot, petty - I can't be bothered to carry on. I'm certainly not going to defend you any more.

I wouldn't tell any more anecdotes to explain the type of person you are if I were you - it's really not a pretty picture. And all this because some people said you weren't funny behind your back. Kinda puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

Bad luck Liam - I have arseholes who try to rip me off too through threats and lies - feel for you. Hope the bitch paid up.
Lowering the averages since 2009
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Marc Meakin wrote:This post was made by Marc Meakin who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Huh?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Foeing people is not big and it is not clever. Just like falling in love with Daniel Pati.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Matt Morrison wrote:This post was made by Matt Morrison who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Sorry, I've foed everyone who isn't Daniel Pati.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Bump
It would appear the side effects from my beta blockers are causing erratic behaviour so my cuntish levels should drop rapidly but my risk of dying have increased

So it'ts win win DoD :D
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

sorry mr Corby I WEREN'T LETTING YOU HAVE THAT ONE LOL
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

ive been sacked but i feel liberated
If you want the minutiae of my sacking please ask
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Marc Meakin wrote:ive been sacked but i feel liberated
Ah, just did - but in the COLIN thread because I hadn't seen this one.
Here's probably the better place. Shoot.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I'm not sure I need or want any info on your sack.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Jon Corby wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:ive been sacked but i feel liberated
Ah, just did - but in the COLIN thread because I hadn't seen this one.
Here's probably the better place. Shoot.
Erm typically to be contrary i posted it in the colin thread i have left bits out so i can maybe have something to bore you with whilst getting pissed (on 2 pints.)
I will attempt to copy and paste it now tho

I took an 'abandoned' bike that had no pedals 2 flat tyres and 6 months of dust on the seat, and gave it to a charitable case (ex girlfriends autistic nephew) however the worlds worse "thief" left the bolt croppers out and thus created sa chain of events whereby the grossly overweight owner of said bike decided to claim on insurance and as i took yhe bike in plain site i was on camera (my belief is that i was taking something notclaimedby a company that went broke 6 months ago)
Anyhoo i got arrested by the city of london police who came all the way to milton keynes and alyhough i came quietly was put in handcuffs for the hours duration(maybe one of the coppers foes on c4c) anyway that case is pending (tresspass and burglary no less) but my company decided to sack me for theft without considering compelling mitigating circumstances.

Footnote my housing benefit and JSA mean i have more disposable income ......go figure.Crap free since 2011
Marc Meakin
Fanatic

Private messageE-mail Marc Meakin
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

So this "abandoned" bike was actually locked up on private property? And you also broke the lock?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Jon Corby wrote:So this "abandoned" bike was actually locked up on private property? And you also broke the lock?
Well it was in the car park of the building i (used too :( ) maintain and there is a precedent to remove 'abandoned' bikes and skipping them obviously this involves using bolt croppers.
FWIW there were 3 newer better bikes but my aim was not to steal but to give to a worthy cause and i spent 40 quid getting said bike roadworthy.
My (ex :cry: ) bosses want an excuse to get rid of me cause due to my heart condition i am (literally) a ticking timebomb,
I HAVE APPEALKED ON TWO GROUNDS
1 the manager doing the sacking was not impartial as he works in a building belonging to injured party
2 i have compelling mitigating circumstances so unless there is no precedent to give employees who 'steal' a second chance , ie final written warning then i have a case even though my disposable income is suddenly better than before (no wonder this country is fucked)
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

best of luck with the appealk.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Well if everything's as you say, maybe you'll be successful in your appeal.

I'd personally have still always sought permission to take the bike, but then I am a Moral Hero. But you know, with the 'climate' as it is at the moment, if I could potentially get into trouble for it, I'm definitely getting permission first.

Although you can pick up a new bike for £70-£80 in JJB/Sports Direct/Halfords etc, so I'm thinking you could easily have bought a second-hand bike for the £40 you spent. All seems a bit rum to me.

Edit: If nothing else, this has helped me make my decision in the poll at the top of this thread:
OTHER SYMPTOM THAT ENDS IN 'IA'
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Marc Meakin wrote:i am (literally) a ticking timebomb,
It's understandable why they'd want you away from the building then!
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

What are your 'compelling mitigating circumstances' out of interest?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Jon Corby wrote:What are your 'compelling mitigating circumstances' out of interest?
Im fucking loopy innit lol
No i got verbal permission from the building manager who got sacked himself abnd is now in pakistan i got a character reference from a senior manager of the injured party 22 years of service with only some minor disciplinaries for lateness.
i got a doctors note to say my medication was causing me to act erratically i only took an abandoned bike i have since recovered the bike and want to return it i have offered to pay back all moneys i earnt whilst suspended.
Oh and finally I am a nice guy who is a gentleman and my internet buddies on C4C can vouch for me.
BTW ryan I did carry out a death threat but that was a suicide note lol
Liam Tiernan
Devotee

Post by Liam Tiernan »

Just wondering, Marc, has it ever occurred to you that your boss could be reading all of this? Some of your posts here over the past few months would not exactly inspire confidence in you as an employee, especially someone responsible for building maintenance. Who knows what sort of practical jokes you might find funny?
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Marc Meakin wrote: BTW ryan I did carry out a death threat but that was a suicide note lol
LMAOROFLHAHAHAHA
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Liam Tiernan wrote:Just wondering, Marc, has it ever occurred to you that your boss could be reading all of this? Some of your posts here over the past few months would not exactly inspire confidence in you as an employee, especially someone responsible for building maintenance. Who knows what sort of practical jokes you might find funny?
I HONESTLY WOULDNT WORK FOR SOMEONE WHO FREQUENTS THIS FORUM NO DISRESPECT FOR THOSE HERE WHO ARE THOUGH.

btw I just got my eviction notice 8 weeks to quit due to discrimination against scroungers.
Anyone want a roomy in the shropshire/ midlands area ;)
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Wouldn't work for the many professionals that post on here but are happy to live with them? :shock: Remember: brain - then post - that's the order :lol: Any chance of bunking in with the people who were scrounging off you?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Marc Meakin wrote: I HONESTLY WOULDNT WORK FOR SOMEONE WHO FREQUENTS THIS FORUM NO DISRESPECT FOR THOSE HERE WHO ARE THOUGH.
That's a shame, you seemed so very employable.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote: I HONESTLY WOULDNT WORK FOR SOMEONE WHO FREQUENTS THIS FORUM NO DISRESPECT FOR THOSE HERE WHO ARE THOUGH.
That's a shame, you seemed so very employable.
I was behind you in the queue.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Lesley Hines wrote:Wouldn't work for the many professionals that post on here but are happy to live with them? :shock: Remember: brain - then post - that's the order :lol: Any chance of bunking in with the people who were scrounging off you?
Nah i just cant work for someone and be their mate but a roomy is different no scroungers will get their own place at least i wont get my internet cut off cos of 180 quid phone bill (in the week i was in chicago at time) my autobiography will be called gullibles travels or you dont have to be mad to be me but it helps lol
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

just to please and dissappoint you in unequal measure I WAS FOUND INNOCENT TO THE CHARGE OF BURGLARY
For those of you interested if someone BELIEVES an item to have been abandoned he cannot be charged with burglary regardless of whether it ACTUALLY belongs to someone,
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote:just to please and dissappoint you in unequal measure I WAS FOUND INNOCENT TO THE CHARGE OF BURGLARY
For those of you interested if someone BELIEVES an item to have been abandoned he cannot be charged with burglary regardless of whether it ACTUALLY belongs to someone,
Well done Marc. Did you represent yourself, by the way? Are there any other charges, or was it burglary or nothing?
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Marc Meakin wrote:just to please and dissappoint you in unequal measure I WAS FOUND INNOCENT TO THE CHARGE OF BURGLARY
Nice one Marc, chuffed about that. I'm also disgusted at the amount of money it probably cost the taxpayer to take it to court (and I blame the Daily Mail) that the CPS didn't know that.

The law (or at least the CPS) is apparently an ass.

In that case, since you've done nothing wrong under law, I'd go for unfair dismissal. Talk to Acas.
Steve Balog
Acolyte

Post by Steve Balog »

I honestly don't know why, but after reading this thread I went on Youtube and listened to about a dozen Wesley Willis (RIP) songs
There are no such things as methods. Only madness.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Lesley Hines wrote:In that case, since you've done nothing wrong under law, I'd go for unfair dismissal. Talk to Acas.
That doesn't really follow, you don't have to break the law to get fired.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Lesley Hines wrote:
Nice one Marc, chuffed about that. I'm also disgusted at the amount of money it probably cost the taxpayer to take it to court (and I blame the Daily Mail) that the CPS didn't know that.

The law (or at least the CPS) is apparently an ass.

In that case, since you've done nothing wrong under law, I'd go for unfair dismissal. Talk to Acas.
I agree the CPS are shambolic due to being overworked,
In my case 3 of their 5 prosecution witnesses were either on holiday (the policeman who interviewed me no less) or didnt show.
And she hadnt even finished editing and printing the transcript of my interview for the jury to read.
By the way the definition of a jury are twelve people without the nous or inclination to get out of jury duty.
They spent nearly 4 hours deliberating on a case that should never have gont to trial wasting tax payers money.
The case hinged on the notion that as long as I BELIEVED the bike was abandoned then i could not be guilty of tresspass and burglary.
Both in mty interview and on oath I said this clearly,
The prosecutions summing up was a joke as she asserted that because it was locked securely it cannot have been abandoned.
Even when she put this to me during cross examination I said had he won the lottery would his first thought be to remove the bikes lock before buying his chauffer driven Roller.
Still Justice was seen to be done,
BTW i HAVE REREAD SOME OF MY COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Well done Marc. Did you represent yourself, by the way? Are there any other charges, or was it burglary or nothing?
No I didn't but I had to coach my barrister in the holes in the prosecutions evidence, like not being able to remove a top of the range D lock with a rusty old pair of bolt croppers.
Why must people lie on oath?
BTW I did a sort of straw poll only 7 of the jury used the bible to swear theirr oath and only 2 of the 7 people that gave evidence (one being me) It would appear their are more atheists/agnostics amongst us than we think.
Although cynical me believes that liars afeel more comfortable without a bible in their hand.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Jon Corby wrote:
Lesley Hines wrote:In that case, since you've done nothing wrong under law, I'd go for unfair dismissal. Talk to Acas.
That doesn't really follow, you don't have to break the law to get fired.
Sadly it would appear you are right, though I will give it a shot if I can find a suitable lawyer.The basis of them sacking me was that I acted dishonestly and that was proven in a court of law to be not the case.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Marc Meakin wrote:Sadly it would appear you are right, though I will give it a shot if I can find a suitable lawyer.The basis of them sacking me was that I acted dishonestly and that was proven in a court of law to be not the case.
You can still be acting dishonestly in their eyes though. I'd be very surprised if any employer was happy for their staff to help themselves to stuff from their property, regardless of what they "believed" the ownership status of that item to be.

I think you should quit while you're ahead.

Well, at least while you're not so far behind as you should be :D