Contestant pictures

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Contestant pictures

Post by Joseph Krol »

After spending a good while idling around the countdown wiki, I realised that almost every series winner has a picture of themselves (apart from Stuart Wood). However, few players who are not series winners have any pictures of them. Anyone who has pictures of any contestant, not just those of note, or any past contestants who want to sent me pictures of themselves, PM me with them and I'll find a place to display them. Like a big Countdown family album. Sort of.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Re: Contestant pictures

Post by Ryan Taylor »

PAEDO
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Ryan Taylor wrote:PAEDO
I don't like being insulted!
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Joseph Krol wrote:After spending a good while idling around the countdown wiki, I realised that almost every series winner has a picture of themselves (apart from Stuart Wood). However, few players who are not series winners have any pictures of them. Anyone who has pictures of any contestant, not just those of note, or any past contestants who want to sent me pictures of themselves, PM me with them and I'll find a place to display them. Like a big Countdown family album. Sort of.
One way you could build up the quantity of pics would be to take a screenshot of each programme, starting with the oldest one that is still available on 4oD. It wouldn't help with contestants from further back, but would be a start.

The obvious place to display them would be the countdown wiki, as you've already seen.

I've had a number of pics of various people, but a while ago I sent them to someone who's posted a selection on the wiki, probably the most notable of those I submitted is the one now on Dinos's page. If I find any more suitable pics, I'll send them.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Howard Somerset wrote:probably the most notable of those I submitted is the one now on Dinos's page
:) Since when was "notable" synonymous with "looks like he needs a poo" ?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:probably the most notable of those I submitted is the one now on Dinos's page
:) Since when was "notable" synonymous with "looks like he needs a poo" ?
Ever since I took that pic, Dinos. :)
Phil Collinge
Acolyte

Post by Phil Collinge »

Why did this thread title make me instantly think of Kezra Shakir?
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Just found this page - it's a goldmine!

http://www.btinternet.com/~m.d.pratesi/ ... amous.html

Seems to be owned by Mauro Pratesi.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Joseph Krol wrote:Just found this page - it's a goldmine!

The first reply to your thread (well, second, after Ryan's paedo) was Oli giving you that link - only just noticed he evidently deleted it afterwards!? Copyright issues maybe? hehe...
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Matt Morrison wrote:

The first reply to your thread (well, second, after Ryan's paedo) was Oli giving you that link - only just noticed he evidently deleted it afterwards!? Copyright issues maybe? hehe...
Yeah, I thought I saw that post as well, but then I thought I must have gone mad..?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matt Morrison wrote:

I thought that I'd seen that too, but unlike you I just put it down to senility when I couldn't find it again.

Maybe Oli just didn't want to be branded a paedo by Ryan.
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Did you know that the first sign of becoming a paedo is calling others a paedo?

And by the way, I found that page when I randomly searched Ash Haji on the internet for no apparent reason.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Joseph Krol wrote:Did you know that the first sign of becoming a paedo is calling others a paedo?
Busted. :shock:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
Joseph Krol wrote:Did you know that the first sign of becoming a paedo is calling others a paedo?
It's fine, they're legal. Matt Willis eh? PHWOAR.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon Corby wrote:
Ryan Taylor wrote:
It's fine, they're legal. Matt Willis eh? PHWOAR.
I'm more S Club Juniors.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Ryan Taylor wrote:I'm more S Club Juniors.
You should check out Minipops. I doubt you were alive when it was broadcast actually.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Jon Corby wrote:
You should check out Minipops. I doubt you were alive when it was broadcast actually.
Brilliant! Just YouTubed them, man those 6 year olds are sluts.
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter

Post by Lesley Hines »

Jon Corby wrote:
As featured in last Sunday's pub quiz:
Google that, losers :lol:
Lowering the averages since 2009
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

I posted, and then realised it would probably be of no use since I'd assumed that everyone knew about those pictures and thus would already be on the Wiki.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Matt Morrison wrote:

Hi I'm still here, hardly ever log onto the C4 Forum regularly so unable to follow online discussion. Oliver knows of my extra's page of the London Scrabble League website (thru Scrabble!) hosts the photo's of a minority of past contestants. Have also provided many others for uploading on the Wiki Countdown pages, But I have stopped hunting out my old tapes with many old Countdown episodes and should really start looking at them again. Now with my super duper SLR digital I got fer Xmas will have no need to go to the Chemist to get them developed. All I need now is a contact to update them on Wiki. Let me get this damned flu out of the way first :-(
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

szodiac wrote:Hi I'm still here, hardly ever log onto the C4 Forum regularly so unable to follow online discussion. Oliver knows of my extra's page of the London Scrabble League website (thru Scrabble!) hosts the photo's of a minority of past contestants. Have also provided many others for uploading on the Wiki Countdown pages, But I have stopped hunting out my old tapes with many old Countdown episodes and should really start looking at them again. Now with my super duper SLR digital I got fer Xmas will have no need to go to the Chemist to get them developed. All I need now is a contact to update them on Wiki. Let me get this damned flu out of the way first :-(
I'll take up your offer, Mr Zodiac. ;) :) :D
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

James Robinson wrote:
szodiac wrote:Hi I'm still here, hardly ever log onto the C4 Forum regularly so unable to follow online discussion. Oliver knows of my extra's page of the London Scrabble League website (thru Scrabble!) hosts the photo's of a minority of past contestants. Have also provided many others for uploading on the Wiki Countdown pages, But I have stopped hunting out my old tapes with many old Countdown episodes and should really start looking at them again. Now with my super duper SLR digital I got fer Xmas will have no need to go to the Chemist to get them developed. All I need now is a contact to update them on Wiki. Let me get this damned flu out of the way first :-(
Many thanks James. Previously I've sent to a chap called Dez who kindly uploaded them on Wiki for me. I had stopped to work on and upload Scrabble tournament photographs on the Facebook Centre Star website. I've still a few outstanding there too. As I'm not too well at the mo, will be a while before I get things back to normal. You can call me Mauro, my details can be found on the London Scrabble League website.
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

James Robinson wrote:
The older pics may be work in production but I *have* all the pics of *all* the contestants from series 62 ready and waiting to be transfered on the Wiki website by some kind person. So if you let me know details an email address to send them to, do get in touch. Mauro