FINALS - TRAINS ETC.

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

FINALS - TRAINS ETC.

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Just wondered who's getting into Manchester when and from where? I'll be arriving into Manchester Picadilly from Sheffield at 12.36PM tomorrow. Anyone arriving a similar time want to share a taxi?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: FINALS - TRAINS ETC.

Post by Ben Wilson »

Will be arriving at 12:02 at Piccadilly on Wednesday, assuming I've shaken off this flu I've been saddled with right now. :(
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

I arrive at PICCC at 10pm on tuesday.
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

I'll be there at 12:18 on Wednesday.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

I'll be getting there 08:51 on Wednesday - tad early but I save so much by travelling on that specific train.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I'll be getting there 08:51 on Wednesday - tad early but I save so much by travelling on that specific train.
Not yet decided whether to drive or go by train on Wednesday. Both have their advantages.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Howard Somerset wrote: Not yet decided whether to drive or go by train on Wednesday. Both have their advantages.
I fancy drinking after the finals. I'm on a 9pm ish train on the Wednesday night.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I'll deffo be there tomorrow but will likely have to duck out of the afterparty early so as not to unduly infect anyone.

On a related note, anyone fancy splitting a taxi? (arriving 12:02 at Piccadilly) :)
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Ben Wilson wrote:On a related note, anyone fancy splitting a taxi? (arriving 12:02 at Piccadilly) :)
I'm up for this, if you don't mind waiting a little while longer (I get in at 12:18).
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I've just looked and the previous train from Shefffield to Manchester Picadilly arrives at 12.02. Might as well get on that and split a taxi with Ben and Innis. Is this the same train you'll be on Ben? Text me with your seat position for anagrammy fun :P
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:I've just looked and the previous train from Shefffield to Manchester Picadilly arrives at 12.02. Might as well get on that and split a taxi with Ben and Innis. Is this the same train you'll be on Ben? Text me with your seat position for anagrammy fun :P
Yep, I change at Sheffield so that'll be my train, unless there's another train that leaves from Sheffield to Manchester at the same time (don't laugh- that happened last time I went to the finals!).
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:I've just looked and the previous train from Shefffield to Manchester Picadilly arrives at 12.02. Might as well get on that and split a taxi with Ben and Innis. Is this the same train you'll be on Ben? Text me with your seat position for anagrammy fun :P
This makes no sense, I am sure Dinos has misunderstood, as he is arriving on tuesday (i.e he has already arrived), but Ben and Innis are both arriving on wednesday.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Lol yeah I suck at reading :mrgreen:
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Lol yeah I suck at reading :mrgreen:
Hey, if you suck at Reading I could be in the rest room on Platform 4 at 11am Thursday.... :roll: