Summer Festivals

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Phil Makepeace
Acolyte

Summer Festivals

Post by Phil Makepeace »

So where's everyone off to this year? I'm booked in for The Great Escape and the gorgeous Latitude. And I'm always very tempted by Cropredy but I haven't got round to going yet.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Summer Festivals

Post by Ian Volante »

I'd love to go to Sonisphere and Glastonbury, but time/opportunity/finances are consipiring against.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

I'll be breaking into Shambala as usual.
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

Pershore Midsummer Brass is back on after a 5 year break. I'll be there.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Would like to go to the Electric Picnic in Laois and Primavera in Barcelona, but times running out on that one. Good thread though, would like to hear more suggestions.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I've heard great things about Dour, although the lineup was a touch better a couple of years ago.
In the end we went to EXIT instead which was mind-blowingly good. Beautiful environment, great price, great music and great opening hours. Bad drugs on the final night though, bad times, don't buy ecstasy from shady Serbian pikies.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page= ... 16&lang=en

One of my favourite albums, being performed. And was only mentioning my missed opportunity to see 'The Hazards of Love' performed in London on the music thread. That's my summer holiday planned anyway. Anyone else fancy going? There's also the small matter of Animal Collective, Fleet Foxes, Flaming Lips, Grinderman, Mogwai, Pulp, Belle and Sebastian and a truck load more.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Full lineup announced. No question. I'm definitely going to this. I'm gonna not drink til then so I can afford to hang out for the guts of a fortnight. http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page=cartel&lang=en
Joseph Krol
Kiloposter

Post by Joseph Krol »

Matt Morrison wrote:I've heard great things about Dour, although the lineup was a touch better a couple of years ago.
In the end we went to EXIT instead which was mind-blowingly good. Beautiful environment, great price, great music and great opening hours. Bad drugs on the final night though, bad times, don't buy ecstasy from shady Serbian pikies.
Hate that word ever since it was disallowed against K. Bevins at Colin.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

He f@*kin hates pikies.