Apterous Player Charter

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Apterous Player Charter

Post by Charlie Reams »

I've decided apterous needs a Players Charter, kinda like Terms and Conditions but less boring. First draft is here. All players will be asked to sign up to it. (Existing subscribers who don't like the terms will be offered their money back pro rata.)

Comments and suggestions much appreciated.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: Apterous Player Charter

Post by Kai Laddiman »

I think this is a good idea. However, would Anglo's account be destroyed?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Aye, good idea. I'm sure someone with a better legal mind could tighten it a bit. Maybe more background as to how players are caught cheating? Or would that only be necessary in the case of a challenge to such an accusation?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kai Laddiman wrote:I think this is a good idea. However, would Anglo's account be destroyed?
I should probably revise that. Existing pseudonyms will certainly be exempted.
Ian Volante wrote:I'm sure someone with a better legal mind could tighten it a bit.
Indeed. Sadly the apterous legal team (aka Julian) has quit the scene. I'll do my best.
Ian Volante wrote:Maybe more background as to how players are caught cheating? Or would that only be necessary in the case of a challenge to such an accusation?
You're right, that would be nice. What I'd really like to do is appoint a Cheating Czar (oh man, bureaucracy is so much fun) so as to minimise accusations that I've banned anyone unfairly. Preferably someone responsible, long-standing and a regular user of the site, but not a close personal friend of mine, which rules out the existing mods. Maybe I'll even start a topic for nominations or something. Watch this space.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:I'm sure someone with a better legal mind could tighten it a bit.
Indeed. Sadly the apterous legal team (aka Julian) has quit the scene. I'll do my best.
I meant to write "...than me" in there, I've no idea how strong your skills are as a legal draughtsman! :oops:
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Real name? Err... shit.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Glad you did something like this Charlie. As for taking the role of cheat tzar for some reason I am drawn to names like Ben or Jim - hope those names, if they exist, are interested.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Great idea this Charlie.

Maybe could we add in a short point about not being abusive to other players and just generally being polite. (I know this is my old hobby horse!)
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

Charlie Reams wrote:What I'd really like to do is appoint a Cheating Czar.................but not a close personal friend of mine
So that excludes just the one person then................ :P
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

David O'Donnell wrote:Glad you did something like this Charlie. As for taking the role of cheat tzar for some reason I am drawn to names like Ben or Jim - hope those names, if they exist, are interested.
Richard Britain would be perfect. ;)
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Is anyone else getting stuck on the Player's charter page? Every time I open apterous on any page it comes up and whether I click 'yes' or 'no' it directs me to a page that says 'apterous.org is unable to process this request'.

For obvious reasons I am unable to raise a ticket about this.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Was completely unaware of the existence of this!

But I'd suggest the usual clear cache/cookies as a first port of call
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Yep, that's working now, thanks :)