Radio Gaga

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Which radio stations do you listen to? (interpret this how you will)

BBC Radio 1
6%
BBC 1Xtra
No votes
BBC Radio 2
18%
BBC Radio 3
6%
BBC Radio 4
10%
BBC Radio 5 Live
18%
BBC 6 Music
6%
BBC World Service
1%
Classic FM
3%
BBC Local Radio
6%
Other Local Radio
10%
Other other
10%
None
6%

Total votes: 68

Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Radio Gaga

Post by Michael Wallace »

So whilst trying to do work I realised I could procrastinate by finding out what c4c's radio habits are. There's a poll for the lazy people, but it's more interesting to hear about what you do with your wireless (or indeed, if you even still have one).

I used to listen to radio 1 a lot when I was in sixth form at school - I would often come home during the day (sixth form = free periods) and have memories of making cheese on toast and listening to Mark and Lard (I remember their last show, come to think of it).

That said, I come from a radio 4 family - it was always the Today programme getting ready for school (and thus it has unpleasant associations) - and I've recently started listening to it again in the afternoon when I'm trying to work. This has had the side-effect of me occasionally listening to the Archers, which leads to the fun "work-out-what's-going-on" game when something dramatic is happening but you've no idea what. There also seems to be far less farming in it than I remember.

(poll notes: I've tried to limit the options to the 'main' stations, which means I'll forget ones which other people have heard of, but I haven't, but if you only vote in the poll and don't post then that's kinda boring anyway)
Last edited by Michael Wallace on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk Bevins
God

Re: Radio Gaga

Post by Kirk Bevins »

No radio?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Kirk Bevins wrote:No radio?
Bugger, I thought of that whilst I was making the post, and then forgot when I discovered quite how many radio stations there are. Added now (hopefully not too many people managed to vote in that time).
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

Do you work for the BBC?! Why aren't others listed, such as Talksport, Heart, Magic, Kerrang etc?

I listen to Talksport most of the time and, very occasionally, 5live.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Steve Durney wrote:Do you work for the BBC?! Why aren't others listed, such as Talksport, Heart, Magic, Kerrang etc?

I listen to Talksport most of the time and, very occasionally, 5live.
I was mostly using this, but decided I needed to prune it a bit, because the list was getting a bit long. Admittedly I could have done it by ratings or something, but that was a bit too much like effort.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I'm usually very short on patience with adverts, so I usually stick with the Beeb, often Radio 2 in the morning, 5Live in the evening, randomness inbetween, either Planet Rock or 6Music usually. I like 6 Music's weirder shows, and the rock show and funk shows.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles