The Killers at Red Rocks Amphiteater, Colorado

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Andy Thomson
Acolyte

The Killers at Red Rocks Amphiteater, Colorado

Post by Andy Thomson »

Ever since U2's famous Under a Blood Red Sky gig/movie at Red Rocks (1982 or 83 I think), I've harboured a desire to see a show there.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered that a gig by the Killers (who just happen to be my favourite band at the moment) was to coincide with our visit to the state as part of my wife's 50th birthday celebrations. I didn't really expect to be able to get tickets - but we did! :D

Anyhoo...we returned from the trip a few days ago and I thought I'd mention how much I enjoyed the show. Not everyone's cup of tea - I know that; but music is a subjective art and I thought the Killers were wonderful. 8-)

Not sure how much the audience members in my immediate vicinity would have enjoyed the spectacle of a fat, middle-aged geezer bouncing about in an ungainly fashion though! :oops:
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Re: The Killers at Red Rocks Amphiteater, Colorado

Post by Derek Hazell »

Andy Thomson wrote:Ever since U2's famous Under a Blood Red Sky gig/movie at Red Rocks (1982 or 83 I think), I've harboured a desire to see a show there.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I discovered that a gig by the Killers (who just happen to be my favourite band at the moment) was to coincide with our visit to the state as part of my wife's 50th birthday celebrations. I didn't really expect to be able to get tickets - but we did! :D

Anyhoo...we returned from the trip a few days ago and I thought I'd mention how much I enjoyed the show. Not everyone's cup of tea - I know that; but music is a subjective art and I thought the Killers were wonderful. 8-)
This fits in well with both my Music thread and my USA thread. I've just reminded myself who The Killers are on Youtube, as I can never remember bands, and yes I would say they are pretty good. I definitely remember hearing at least 4 of their songs before anyway. At least if you ever get back on Countdown (next year would be good), you'll have something to chat to Jeff about, considering how much he loves talking up his familiarity with all the modern bands.
Not sure how much the audience members in my immediate vicinity would have enjoyed the spectacle of a fat, middle-aged geezer bouncing about in an ungainly fashion though! :oops:
You don't have any video of this do you? I for one would like to see it as an alternative to the official ones. :D
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Re: The Killers at Red Rocks Amphiteater, Colorado

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:
Andy Thomson wrote:Ever since U2's famous Under a Blood Red Sky gig/movie at Red Rocks (1982 or 83 I think), I've harboured a desire to see a show there.

This fits in well with both my Music thread and my USA thread. I've just reminded myself who The Killers are on Youtube, as I can never remember bands, and yes I would say they are pretty good. I definitely remember hearing at least 4 of their songs before anyway. At least if you ever get back on Countdown (next year would be good), you'll have something to chat to Jeff about, considering how much he loves talking up his familiarity with all the modern bands.

'All These Things I've Done' is on my top ten list of favourite songs and it's saying something for a track that 'new' to get on a list of songs which are essentially all at least 20 years old! I remember that U2 footage. It was on The Tube. I'd tuned in because the Radio Times had erroneously said the Duran Duran special was going to be on - and ended up a U2 fan by default!
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.