The world of Countdown, a very small world...

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

The world of Countdown, a very small world...

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

As some may know, I am currently in employment at Waitrose. They've really taken to the whole me on Countdown thing, and so they've decided to put me in the Waitrose Chronicle, the in-house newspaper.

Anywho, one of the managers has taken it upon himself to do a little interview with me for it, a manager who before today I don't think I'd actually spoken to in my two years there. Today was just us deciding which photos to use, but whilst we were talking he mentioned his nephew had been on the show last year. When I asked who it was, I expected it to be some one-time person who was pretty much instantly forgotten and who I'd never heard of. I was wrong.

It was Kai Laddiman. Small world innit? :P
Last edited by Jeffrey Burgin on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Re: The world of Countdown, a very small world...

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I went to a party in Brighton, made friends with a guy called Ed, and he happened to be a friend of c4c's own Phil Makepeace!

Also I went for a wee on platform 1 at London Bridge today, and when I was washing my hands I noticed that the guy who was in the urinal next to me was masturbating and looking at himself in the mirror.

Small world indeed.
Phil Makepeace
Acolyte

Post by Phil Makepeace »

Jon O'Neill wrote:I went to a party in Brighton, made friends with a guy called Ed, and he happened to be a friend of c4c's own Phil Makepeace!
Ed's a bit of a hero. Just to chip in with irrelevant banter, I play London League chess at Nick Wainwright's local.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

OMG that means Jeffrey and Kai are almost related!
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

I also got a Countdown mention in the Waitrose staff publication, because I played Helen Shutler (who worked for them at the time, and may still do, I don't know)

Did you make many other male friends at this party in Brighton Jono? Eh? EH?
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Jeffrey Burgin wrote:As some may know, I am currently in employment at Waitrose. They've really taken to the whole me on Countdown thing, and so they've decided to put me in the Waitrose Chronicle, the in-house newspaper.

Anywho, one of the managers has taken it upon himself to do a little interview with me for it, a manager who before today I don't think I'd actually spoken to in my two years there. Today was just us deciding which photos to use, but whilst we were talking he mentioned his cousin had been on the show last year. When I asked who it was, I expected it to be some one-time person who was pretty much instantly forgotten and who I'd never heard of. I was wrong.

Well that's odd, cos my oldest cousin is 10 :/

Anyway, probs second or third or whatever. Are you allowed to name him?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Jeffrey Burgin wrote:As some may know, I am currently in employment at Waitrose. They've really taken to the whole me on Countdown thing, and so they've decided to put me in the Waitrose Chronicle, the in-house newspaper.

Anywho, one of the managers has taken it upon himself to do a little interview with me for it, a manager who before today I don't think I'd actually spoken to in my two years there. Today was just us deciding which photos to use, but whilst we were talking he mentioned his cousin had been on the show last year. When I asked who it was, I expected it to be some one-time person who was pretty much instantly forgotten and who I'd never heard of. I was wrong.

Well that's odd, cos my oldest cousin is 10 :/

Anyway, probs second or third or whatever. Are you allowed to name him?
I reckon Mr Showbiz got that wrong. I suspect he meant to say it's your Uncle Gary.
Last edited by Sue Sanders on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Jeffrey Burgin
Acolyte

Post by Jeffrey Burgin »

My bad, meant to say you're his nephew. Uncle Gary ring any bells? :P
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Yes it does :D
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Wow, Sue managed to predict what Jeffrey was going to say just after he said it!
We have someone as good as Derren Brown right here - why isn't she on TV?!
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:Wow, Sue managed to predict what Jeffrey was going to say just after he said it!
We have someone as good as Derren Brown right here - why isn't she on TV?!
Too much exposure already!!!!
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.