Anyone here download Countdown torrents?

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Anyone here download Countdown torrents?

Post by Andy Wilson »

Hello all. Sure I know this is all highly illegal, but feel free to pm me if you'd rather not reply openly. Tis just that i am without telly and have thus far been unsuccessful in running torrent programmes on my old mac. Tis all new to me. Never really bothered with it in the past. Have been pointed to the right programmes and locations but my machine is having none of it. Basically, if anyone here downloads torrents of the show, i'd be really appreciative if you were willing to email to me for the next week or two til i get my sh!t together.

You may ask why i don't use 4od, so in answer to this obvious question, well, for starters, they don't work with apples (or didn't last time i checked) and secondly, i'm in Ireland and we're barred like!

While i'm here, hope everyone's in good form after the countdown holidays!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Anyone here download Countdown torrents?

Post by Michael Wallace »

Whilst I can't help with the Ireland problem, you might want to try again next time you can with your Mac. They didn't work on Linux a while back, but they've sorted that now, so they might work on Macs too.

(if they do work on Macs, is there not some clever thing one can do to trick websites into thinking you're from a country you're not?)
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Andy Wilson wrote:You may ask why i don't use 4od, so in answer to this obvious question, well, for starters, they don't work with apples (or didn't last time i checked) and secondly, i'm in Ireland and we're barred like!
Look for a UK proxy (maybe get one from here - http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm), open up the connections options in your browser and put the proxy in. Websites will now think you're from bonny Britain.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Ben Hunter wrote:Look for a UK proxy (maybe get one from here - http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm), open up the connections options in your browser and put the proxy in. Websites will now think you're from bonny Britain.
Does this work on IMDb as well? It is annoying that that site started in the UK, but now that they've added actual films to the site, only US residents can view most of them.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Derek Hazell wrote:
Ben Hunter wrote:Look for a UK proxy (maybe get one from here - http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-GB.htm), open up the connections options in your browser and put the proxy in. Websites will now think you're from bonny Britain.
Does this work on IMDb as well? It is annoying that that site started in the UK, but now that they've added actual films to the site, only US residents can view most of them.
I never knew you could watch films on imdb but yeah it would work if you used an American proxy.
Shaun Hegarty
Rookie

Post by Shaun Hegarty »

I've tried the proxy route myself, I suffer from similar problems to Andy. Proxies, while they work are extremely unreliable, most of the ones that say they are UK proxies, turn out not be from the UK, and when I did get one working, BBC iPlayer worked, but 4oD stood rock still.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

You may have missed my response in the Chris Davies thread Andy - just in case you did: http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Alas, i'm using an old machine and it runs mac os x 10.4. The torrent programs seem to need 10.5, which is a little annoying. I'll give that proxy thing a go tho and see what happens. Nice one.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I download Countdown torrents, Andy!
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

Jason Larsen wrote:I download Countdown torrents, Andy!
Where can they be found Jason?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

uknova.com, Thomas.
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

Jason Larsen wrote:uknova.com, Thomas.
Thank you Jason!
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

You're welcome, Thomas.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Hey Jason,

Been off the radar so missed this until now, but low and behold, 4od suddenly works in ireland (as i discovered on my very quiet night shift at the hostel last night). It also works on apple macs... as i discovered today at home now that i have the web. I'd heard the law was changing as of December. Maybe c4 are jumping the gun, but i shall not complain.

Andy.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Dunno why i signed my name there, but sure, what harm.

Andy, again.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

That's ok, Andy.