About my new role

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Was I promoted to Site Admin too quickly?

Yes. Also, I support Hitler.
50%
No.
50%

Total votes: 8

Richard Brittain
Series Champ

About my new role

Post by Richard Brittain »

Well, a few people have noticed the new title next to my name and messaged me. Some have congratulated me, while others have questioned whether I was promoted to Admin too quickly. Obviously I disagree with that, but I thought I'd make a poll to get the general forum consensus.

Also, remember kids, this forum isn't a democracy, so both myself and my co-admin Mr. Reams fully intend to ignore the outcome of the poll.

Thanks and keep it civil.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Re: About my new role

Post by JimBentley »

Even without enlarging the image, you can tell there's quite bad anti-aliasing (or whatever it's called) behind the text and the font's the wrong size. Oh, and the spacing's wrong. And also, it wouldn't appear like that anyway. Other than that, good effort.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Why isn't there a "No but I nevertheless support Hitler" option, you fascist?
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Richard Brittain's Cock? Must be wishful thinking on the part of whoever changed it from "Site Admin" to that!
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Richard Brittain
Series Champ

Post by Richard Brittain »

I just changed it back, but I'm still Site Admin. Anyway, my new avatar depicts a scene from The Coriolanus tragedy. The Coriolan Overture by Beethoven is a wonderful piece.
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

I can think of a word beginning with "c" and ending with "t" that I think it should be . . . "Cult". After all the mentions of Gandiseeg, surely you're deserving of that status at least.
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Derek Hazell wrote:I can think of a word beginning with "c" and ending with "t" that I think it should be . . . "Cult". After all the mentions of Gandiseeg, surely you're deserving of that status at least.

Hurrah - I like it best when you at start dissing each other. We had a flouncing off in July, (Rob): Will we have one in August? (and just how offensive is my punctuation in this thread?; I think I'm on the cusp of being an old person simply because I got taught punctuation at school. (Yep, I confess - I've been reading old threads.)).
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Sue Sanders wrote:
Derek Hazell wrote:I can think of a word beginning with "c" and ending with "t" that I think it should be . . . "Cult". After all the mentions of Gandiseeg, surely you're deserving of that status at least.

Hurrah - I like it best when you at start dissing each other. We had a flouncing off in July, (Rob): Will we have one in August? (and just how offensive is my punctuation in this thread?; I think I'm on the cusp of being an old person simply because I got taught punctuation at school. (Yep, I confess - I've been reading old threads.)).
Given that you quoted the post, I thought you might've spotted Derek's joke... Anyway RB isn't the sort to flounce off, he has a rather well-developed if sometimes obscure sense of humour.
Sue Sanders
Kiloposter

Post by Sue Sanders »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Sue Sanders wrote:

Given that you quoted the post, I thought you might've spotted Derek's joke... Anyway RB isn't the sort to flounce off, he has a rather well-developed if sometimes obscure sense of humour.
Hey, Charlie, I didn't, actually. Not til I saw the thread in daylight when Derek's invisible writing (does he use lemon juice?) showed up.

I didn't really think RB would flounce off - I just genuinely enjoy the banter!
'This one goes up to eleven'
Fool's top.