Big Brother

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Big Brother

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Anyone else watching the BB2009 launch show?

Quote of the night so far, from Cairon the cool black American teenager:

Big Brother: Are you gay?
Cairon (horrified): Hell, no! I feel kinda weird wipin' my own ass, you know what I'm sayin'?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Big Brother

Post by Ian Volante »

I've watched an average of about two minutes per series so far, and I'm looking to reduce this drastically...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Ian Volante wrote:I've watched an average of about two minutes per series so far, and I'm looking to reduce this drastically...
From watching it avidly in the first couple of years, to dipping in and out as it became more and more of a freak show, I think last year was the first time I watched the launch show and nothing else. From what I've seen so far tonight, the same will be true of BB10.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Some more candidates for quote of the night:

Davina, reading from Beinazir's application form with deadpan aplomb: "Her favourite marsupial is a giraffe".

Charlie, the Geordie Will Mellor lookalike: "I haven't got a nasty bone in my body... except maybe the one that was in my boyfriend last night".
David Roe
Enthusiast

Post by David Roe »

Ian Volante wrote:I've watched an average of about two minutes per series so far, and I'm looking to reduce this drastically...
You need help, Ian. You're dangerously close to overdosing.

I did watch about 10 minutes of it once, late night. There were two things to watch. Two people in bed asleep. And a few people talking in the living room, but the sound was turned off. Fascinating.
Thomas Wood
Rookie

Post by Thomas Wood »

It was good when it first started because no-one knew what it was like or what would happen. Nowadays it's more of a show people go on in the hope getting famous.
Darren Carter
What a lot of bling

Post by Darren Carter »

Thomas Wood wrote:It was good when it first started because no-one knew what it was like or what would happen.
And it was some normal people in a house, being made to do decent tasks.

I have shamefully watched BB from Series 1 to 9, but not bothering with this one.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Thomas Wood wrote:It was good when it first started because no-one knew what it was like or what would happen. Nowadays it's more of a show people go on in the hope getting famous.
Completely agree. Plus they didn't do all the stupid shit they do now like depriving them of hot water and food. It was actually a fairly interesting experiment. Now it's just cunts trying to get in Heat.

That said, my missus is completely addicted to it so there's no way I can avoid it for the duration. And there's some pretty decent eye candy (not to my particular taste of course, but meh) in there too so I won't complain too much :)
Steve Durney
Acolyte

Post by Steve Durney »

Jon Corby wrote:
Thomas Wood wrote:It was good when it first started because no-one knew what it was like or what would happen. Nowadays it's more of a show people go on in the hope getting famous.
Completely agree. Plus they didn't do all the stupid shit they do now like depriving them of hot water and food. It was actually a fairly interesting experiment. Now it's just cunts trying to get in Heat.
Yeah, the first three series were really good, but has been fairly crap ever since. I still watch it for some reason, probably in the hope that someone's planted a huge bomb under the house.