Glastonbury

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Glastonbury

Post by Marc Meakin »

If Eurovision gets it's own thread then so should glasto

Let me first say that watching on the TV isn't anywhere near as good as being there.
Im sure those fans who watched Guns N Roses thought Axel Rose was brilliant rather than Bary Gibb singing with the most enormous of wedgies.
I did like Lizzo, Rick Astley, The Pretenders and The Foo Fighters, even though bringing out your daughter to sing is more The Royal variety show than Glasto but still

I would like to say I'm looking forward to Elton John later.
But i would be lying 😊
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Mark James
Kiloposter

Re: Glastonbury

Post by Mark James »

For as much as I like my music I was never into going to outdoor gigs but I did recently see Pulp and last night I was at Blur and they were both excellent. I am also going to see Kraftwerk next week.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Is it always way too hot or pissing it down and really muddy? I wouldn't go to Glastonbury anyway but weather like this being outside all weekend would be way too much.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Rick Astley and The Blossoms cover the Smiths is probably the best I've seen this year
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

I was impressed the Axl Rose has managed to get himself fitter than he was a few years ago, and I suspect has pragmatically decided to stop being an arsehole to enjoy their status as rock elder statesmen. That said, his voice is certainly nowhere near where it was, but he managed, and the show was mostly pretty good.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

I only watched Arctic Monkeys and Guns N Roses. I thought Arctic Monkeys were great. Axl Rose's voice was mostly naff although he still hit the biggest notes when he saved himself for them but Slash's guitar solos made it a good show.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.