FOCAL Finals Location

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.

What location would you consider attending for the FOCAL Finals?

Birmingham
36%
Manchester
25%
Milton Keynes
39%

Total votes: 28

Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

FOCAL Finals Location

Post by Callum Todd »

Hello. We did the FOCAL Finals in MK last year and I think it went very well. There's been some discussion behind the scenes about what might be the best venue for the FOCAL Finals going forwards. It has previously been in Birmingham/West Midlands, and given the popularity of some of our northern events in past years a big well-connected northern city like Manchester could be viable.

So I thought I'd try and gauge interest with a quick poll here. Which of the three locations would you consider attending out of Brum, MK, and Manc? You can choose as many or as few options as you like.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Re: FOCAL Finals Location

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I hope you don’t mind me sticking my oar in but it would probably be a shrewd move not to go to the same place twice in one year* especially if the regular event is in the latter half of the year.

With that in mind I’d be wary of going to Manchester in 2023, although it’s a good suggestion in isolation.

*(Lincoln Hangover notwithstanding and you could probably make a case for two London events)
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...