COLIN XVIII- Countdown in Lincoln, 28-29 January 2023

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Ben Wilson
Legend

COLIN XVIII- Countdown in Lincoln, 28-29 January 2023

Post by Ben Wilson »

Hey, guess what? It's back. :)

Yep, after a year without a (in-person) COLIN and a year with a heavily covid-affected COLIN, things are (touch wood) going to get back to normal next year as COLIN turns 18. No there won't be an 'adult' theme to the event. The afterparty... maybe.

By now I'm sure most of you know what to expect from the event. We're back at the Ark in North Hykeham on the Saturday, followed by the Memorial Hall a little bit up the road on the Sunday. For those new to COLIN, there'll be 3 rounds of Edinburgh-style play (3 players to a table, everyone plays each other once and hosts once) followed by a final on the Saturday, and 2 rounds and a final on the Sunday. Play starts at 11:45am on Saturday and finished by 6pm, and the prizes will be bits of cardboard sandwiched between two bits of perspex, and play starts at 11am on Sunday well, it should anyway and finishes by 2:30pm, and the prizes will be bits of wood with, umm, 'creative' designs carved into them.

Any covid-related restrictions will be in line with government regulations, which currently stands at 'sod all' but you never know what winter will bring. Other than COLIN, anyway. :)

The one, sadly inevitable change will be in the amount of free crap given out on the day. Free pads and pens will be leftovers from COLIN XVII (COLIN XVIII has ten letters and wouldn't fit anyway) or bought from Poundland, most of this post is copy & pasted from last year's event, and the puzzle magazine, if it exists, will be digital-only (or, more likely, non-existent). Many apologies in advance for this, but I do need to keep costs down... or rather, the same as last year.

Entry costs just £12 for the Saturday event, £8 for the Sunday event or £16 for both days, payable by PayPal to hulla.mahulla@btopenworld.com or to my home address (available upon request but hasn't changed in the last 23 years).

Travelodge details to follow and no doubt will be linked by someone below anyway.

Links to Facebook events pages-

COLIN XVIII

Directions from the station(s) to the venue(s):

Hykeham Station to the Ark
Hykeham Station to the Memorial Hall

If you're travelling into Lincoln rail station, the bus station is directly across the road, and the 15 from bay H bus goes past the Ark (well, on the opposite side of the road but same thing) and the 16 (also bay H) goes past the Memorial Hall (again, opposite side of the road but whatever) and, more importantly, both the Fox and Hounds and the Travelodge. Yes, the Fox and Hounds have been told to expect a rush over the weekend.

See you all in January!

List of confirmed entrants (as of 23/01/23)

COLIN XVIII (41)

Bradley Horrocks
Phil Stanton
Fiona Titcombe
Mark Mills
Tracey Mills
Mike Lee
Adam Dexter
Tom Carey
George Armstrong
David Hilton
Callum Todd
Graeme Cole
MSR
Joe Bartram
Thomas Cappleman
Ruth Cappleman
Eddy Byrne
Stewart Gordon
Adam Latchford
Coral Heath
Dan Byrom
Steve Hyde
Conor Travers
Vicci Smith
Richard Priest
Gabriel Thallon
Adam Beach
Eeshan Malhotra
Tim Hebbes
Gevin Chapwell
Chris Marshall
Jason Turner
Taz Turner
Jonathan De Souza
Rob Foster
Tim Down
Dinos Sfyris
James Laverty
James Haughton
Amar Chotai
Mike Springett

The Hangover (34)

Bradley Horrocks
Phil Stanton
Fiona Titcombe
Mark Mills
Tracey Mills
Mike Lee
Adam Dexter
Tom Carey
George Armstrong
David Hilton
Callum Todd
Graeme Cole
MSR
Joe Bartram
Thomas Cappleman
Ruth Cappleman
Eddy Byrne
Stewart Gordon
Adam Latchford
Dan Byrom
Steve Hyde
Richard Priest
Gabriel Thallon
Adam Beach
Eeshan Malhotra
Tim Hebbes
Gevin Chapwell
Chris Marshall
Jason Turner
Taz Turner
Rob Foster
Tim Down
Dinos Sfyris
Amar Chotai
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Re: COLIN XVIII- Countdown in Lincoln, 28-29 January 2023

Post by Adam Dexter »

I saw a recent post on the Fox and Hounds site. It appears they have closed their kitchen due to energy costs.

With that in mind, if not reopened for our weekend, is there a back up?
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Adam Dexter wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:47 pm I saw a recent post on the Fox and Hounds site. It appears they have closed their kitchen due to energy costs.

With that in mind, if not reopened for our weekend, is there a back up?
A few, depending on whether or not their kitchens are also closing. The Centurion on Newark Road (next door to Asda) is classy, if a bit pricey, and the Harrows (opposite the Ark) is a bit of a tip but does at least have a dartboard last time I checked.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I've just had a look on the Travelodge website and Friday is currently £44.99 and Saturday £60.99 for a double room making £105.98 in total. I've not yet booked but it's worth keeping an eye on these things.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Gone up £2 since yesterday then - probs best book sooner rather than later - but double what it was 2020
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

We booked in Premier Inn (Canwick) today £78 for the 2 nights
Long suffering Husband of Tracey Mills.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

COLIN debutant Mike Lee makes it 6 entries!

Just because I have a bit of a tighter budget than usual this year, it doesn't necessarily mean the prizes will be cheap. Watch this space...
DJ Marky Mark
Rookie

Post by DJ Marky Mark »

See what happens when the Millsies enter, everyone else signs up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Long suffering Husband of Tracey Mills.
Joseph B

Post by Joseph B »

Anyone willing to share a hotel room if not I will happily stay on my own.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Unfortunately I'm already booked for Uni cricket alumni, so can't do, I'm afraid.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Series 83 octochamps Coral Heath and Adam Latchford will make their COLIN debuts in January and bring our total for the main event to 20! Fun fact: Adam will be the 25th different series champ to have played at COLIN! :-O The number of different octochamps (Adam and Coral included0? 64.
Dan Byrom
Acolyte

Post by Dan Byrom »

Joseph B wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:27 pm Anyone willing to share a hotel room if not I will happily stay on my own.
I've just booked an Airbnb with a second bed and I'm looking for someone to share with, Friday and Saturday nights. Cost me £94 for the two nights so would ideally like to be paid back £47. It's less than 15mins walk from the venue according to google.

Joseph you can have first dibs if you want it, but if you've sorted yourself out then welcome to anyone.

***Edit: Taken now***
Last edited by Dan Byrom on Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph B

Post by Joseph B »

If this Air B and B is still available I would like to take it if possible.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Dan Byrom makes his in-person COLIN debut 4 weeks from now, having taken 3rd place at 'I Can't Believe It's Not COLIN' two years earlier!

And, you know, a series title too.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Octochamp, co-event debutant and CoC XVI contestant Steve Hyde bring COLIN XVIII's numbers up to XXII!
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

Just booked my room but there’s an extra single bed, if anyone needs a room and wants to share and go halves let me know.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Series 85 contestant and COLIN debutant Gabriel Thallon brings numbers to 26 for Saturday and 23 for Sunday!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Series 84 contestant and ZoomDown tetrachamp- and COLIN debutant- Adam Beach brings numbers up to 27! There are still plenty of spaces available and I'll likely be able to take entries up to the day before COLIN, but the earlier you get your entry fees to me, the earlier I can buy more prizes- like these beauties that came in the post (well, courier, but same diff) today. :) I dread to think just how much COLIN-branded crap some of you must have in your homes by now.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Zoomdowner Eeshan Malhotra makes his in-person COLIN debut (after finishing an impressive 10th at I Can't Believe It's Not COLIN in 2021) and brings numbers up to 29!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

With just ten days to go, it's time for the annual outrage that is the seedings. :-D As always, the seedings are calculated by the finishing positions of players over the last 5 COLIN main events, so 2017-2020 & 2022 in this case, but with their worst finish discounted (unless, of course, they've only been to one COLIN in that time period). To balance things out, as 2022 had fewer entrants than usual, all finishing positions in that event have been multiplied by 1.3, and all COLIN debutants are placed in the middle of the pack, (more or less) sorted by on-screen performance.

1 Conor Travers (reigning COLIN champion but statistically top seed anyway)
2 Rob Foster
3 Callum Todd
4 Thomas Cappleman
5 Bradley Horrocks
6 Dinos Sfyris
7 Tim Hebbes
8 James Haughton
9 Tom Carey
10 Richard Priest
11 Fiona Titcombe
12 Ruth Cappleman
13 Graeme Cole
14 Eddy Byrne
15 Jonathan de Souza
16 Dan Byrom*
17 Adam Latchford*
18 Steve Hyde*
19 Coral Heath*
20 Mike Lee*
21 Adam Beach*
22 Gabriel Thallon*
23 MSR*
24 Eeshan Malhotra*
25 Gevin Chapwell
26 Tracey Mills
27 George Armstrong
28 Stewart Gordon
29 Phil Stanton
30 Tim Down
31 Adam Dexter
32 Chris Marshall
33 Jason Turner
34 David Hilton
35 Taz Turner
36 James Laverty
37 Joe Bartram
38 Vicci Smith
39 Mark Mills

*COLIN debutant
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

A quick one on the itinerary for the day. This is what it'll look like on Saturday:

11:00 doors open
11:30 introductions
11:50 round 1
13:10 lunch
14:00 round 2
15:20 break
15:35 round 3
16:50 break
17:15 grand final
17:30 prizegiving

And the Sunday:

R1 11:00
Break 12:10
R2 12:40
Final 2:00
Prizegiving 2:30

I've only booked the hall from 10am on the Saturday, so don't show up before then, and from the 9am on the Sunday, but no one has ever in the history of anything shown up before then anyway.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

On the subject of the Hangover, here's a chance to flex your creative muscles.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I should have gone here first rather than Facebook - but why all the doors open/introduction for the main COLIN but not the Hangover?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

By the way, the Strava event page has us down as doing Doddington Hall parkrun. There is also Lincoln nearby, which I mention because some messaged me about possibly doing that one. I think Doddington Hall is the better course and also slightly nearer and easier to get to traffic-wise (it can be jogged to in fact, which I think is less reasonable for Lincoln), but if people haven't done Lincoln before they might want to add it to their list. But we can discuss it on Friday. I'm not too bothered really. I haven't run at all this year anyway with a foot injury, and this is my planned comeback run and I doubt I'll be going for any super quick times.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:06 pm By the way, the Strava event page has us down as doing Doddington Hall parkrun. There is also Lincoln nearby, which I mention because some messaged me about possibly doing that one. I think Doddington Hall is the better course and also slightly nearer and easier to get to traffic-wise (it can be jogged to in fact, which I think is less reasonable for Lincoln), but if people haven't done Lincoln before they might want to add it to their list. But we can discuss it on Friday. I'm not too bothered really. I haven't run at all this year anyway with a foot injury, and this is my planned comeback run and I doubt I'll be going for any super quick times.
I'm happy with either - last year you made a good case for Doddington, so went with that, but happy to try a new one! Mebbe comment on the Strava event too?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Fiona T wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:31 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:06 pm By the way, the Strava event page has us down as doing Doddington Hall parkrun. There is also Lincoln nearby, which I mention because some messaged me about possibly doing that one. I think Doddington Hall is the better course and also slightly nearer and easier to get to traffic-wise (it can be jogged to in fact, which I think is less reasonable for Lincoln), but if people haven't done Lincoln before they might want to add it to their list. But we can discuss it on Friday. I'm not too bothered really. I haven't run at all this year anyway with a foot injury, and this is my planned comeback run and I doubt I'll be going for any super quick times.
I'm happy with either - last year you made a good case for Doddington, so went with that, but happy to try a new one! Mebbe comment on the Strava event too?
Yeah, I seem to remember talking you out of doing Lincoln and then not turning up anyway so I felt a bit bad about it. I've put a comment on Strava.
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

I assume you mean me. I'm happy with whatever's easiest, especially since I've now broken my never repeat a course streak lmao, so doddington is fine. But up to you lot
cheers maus
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I did mean you. But yes. I'd prefer Doddington but I'll do whatever happens.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Thomas Carey wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:51 pm I assume you mean me. I'm happy with whatever's easiest, especially since I've now broken my never repeat a course streak lmao, so doddington is fine. But up to you lot
I'm happy with either. Nice to do a new one, but Doddington Hall is a nice run so happy to do it again. Ran a good time last time so unlikely to beat it though! I've got my car - can take 1 passenger.

Which do you want to do Gev?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Doddington Hall is definitely my preference.
Adam Dexter
Enthusiast

Post by Adam Dexter »

Doddington Hall for me please - will be nice to do a relatively flat one after the Wyre Forest attempt earlier this month!

I have the car and space for 5 (3 plus David & I). First come, first serve.

Only issue is I would like to leave my keys with someone (my running stuff doesn't have zippy pockets and I'd be nervous of them disappearing).
ADAM DEXTER: MAXED DATER
We're off to button moon :)
Dan Byrom
Acolyte

Post by Dan Byrom »

A lift would be amazing from either Adam or Fiona. I'm very excited for what will be my first ever parkrun! :D Going to make sure to go slow so I can improve at future events hehe

I'm not staying at the Travelodge - I'm not too far away so happy to meet people there to head over, but was wondering if perhaps someone wouldn't mind letting me have a very quick shower at their room afterwards to save time and avoid the extra trip back to the bnb?
Adam S Latchford
Acolyte

Post by Adam S Latchford »

Let's see what condition i'm like on friday night before committing - but i am certainly due a park run!
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Dan Byrom wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:05 am A lift would be amazing from either Adam or Fiona. I'm very excited for what will be my first ever parkrun! :D Going to make sure to go slow so I can improve at future events hehe

I'm not staying at the Travelodge - I'm not too far away so happy to meet people there to head over, but was wondering if perhaps someone wouldn't mind letting me have a very quick shower at their room afterwards to save time and avoid the extra trip back to the bnb?
Woop a newbie! Don't forget to register and print your barcode (they will scan phones now but it is much simpler if you print it!)

No probs re: shower - lots of us staying there - you're welcome to use mine.
Tim Down
Acolyte

Post by Tim Down »

A reminder that COVID hasn't gone away, however much we all pretend that it has, and we're all going to be sitting in a room without air filtration for hours on end, so it would be good for as many as possible to do a lateral flow test before attending.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... long-covid
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

After round 1...

STANDINGS

Players are ranked by number of wins then total points scored.

P W Pts
1 Conor Travers 2 2 146
2 Jack Hurst 2 2 140
3 Tim Down 2 2 137
4 James Haughton 2 2 136
4 Thomas Cappleman 2 2 136
6 Dan Byrom 2 2 133
6 Richard Priest 2 2 133
8 Callum Todd 2 2 132
9 Fiona Titcombe 2 2 128
10 Graeme Cole 2 2 126
10 Tom Carey 2 2 126
12 Adam Dexter 2 2 114
13 Ruth Cappleman 2 2 112
14 Steve Hyde 2 2 108
15 Eeshan Malhotra 2 2 106
16 Jonathan de Souza 2 1 127
17 Eddy Byrne 2 1 123
18 Mike Lee 2 1 118
19 Dinos Sfyris 2 1 117
20 Tracey Mills 2 1 116
21 Toby Pereira 2 1 114
22 Adam Latchford 2 1 112
22 Gabriel Thallon 2 1 112
24 Bradley Horrocks 2 1 104
25 George Armstrong 2 1 103
26 Phil Stanton 2 1 96
27 Coral Heath 2 1 94
28 Stewart Gordon 2 1 88
29 Adam Beach 2 1 81
30 Chris Marshall 2 1 75
31 Tim Hebbes 2 0 113
32 Anthony Endsor 2 0 95
33 M SR 2 0 86
34 Joe Bartram 2 0 77
35 Jason Turner 2 0 72
36 James Laverty 2 0 64
36 Nicky Owens 2 0 64
38 David Hilton 2 0 63
39 Mike Springett 2 0 57
40 Amar Chotai 2 0 55
41 George Baker 2 0 45
42 Taz Turner 2 0 36
43 Vicci Smith 2 0 35
44 Mark Mills 2 0 23

RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1
Nicky Owens 48 - 63 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 25 - 63 Fiona Titcombe
Fiona Titcombe 65 - 16 Nicky Owens

Table 2
Jonathan de Souza 65 - 33 James Laverty
James Laverty 31 - 62 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 64 - 62 Jonathan de Souza

Table 3
M SR 36 - 69 Tim Down
Tim Down 68 - 37 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 67 - 50 M SR

Table 4
George Baker 23 - 59 Phil Stanton
Phil Stanton 37 - 66 James Haughton
James Haughton 70 - 22 George Baker

Table 5
Gabriel Thallon 52 - 35 Jason Turner
Jason Turner 37 - 72 Thomas Cappleman
Thomas Cappleman 64 - 60 Gabriel Thallon

Table 6
Amar Chotai 24 - 39 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 36 - 74 Jack Hurst
Jack Hurst 66 - 31 Amar Chotai

Table 7
Adam Beach 60 - 40 Mike Springett
Mike Springett 17 - 76 Conor Travers
Conor Travers 70 - 21 Adam Beach

Table 8
Steve Hyde 45 - 44 George Armstrong
George Armstrong 59 - 53 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 60 - 63 Steve Hyde

Table 9
Adam Latchford 49 - 66 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 48 - 47 Anthony Endsor
Anthony Endsor 48 - 63 Adam Latchford

Table 10
Coral Heath 59 - 12 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 11 - 62 Ruth Cappleman
Ruth Cappleman 50 - 35 Coral Heath

Table 11
Dan Byrom 68 - 25 David Hilton
David Hilton 38 - 71 Dinos Sfyris
Dinos Sfyris 46 - 65 Dan Byrom

Table 12
Eeshan Malhotra 42 - 37 Joe Bartram
Joe Bartram 40 - 61 Eddy Byrne
Eddy Byrne 62 - 64 Eeshan Malhotra

Table 13
Toby Pereira 66 - 20 Vicci Smith
Vicci Smith 15 - 68 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 65 - 48 Toby Pereira

Table 14
Tracey Mills 71 - 23 Taz Turner
Taz Turner 13 - 63 Callum Todd
Callum Todd 69 - 45 Tracey Mills

Table 15
Mike Lee 68 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 58 Tom Carey
Tom Carey 68 - 50 Mike Lee
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

...And after round 2...

STANDINGS

P W Pts
1 Jack Hurst 4 4 287
2 Callum Todd 4 4 275
3 Thomas Cappleman 4 4 256
4 Graeme Cole 4 4 254
5 Ruth Cappleman 4 4 233
6 Conor Travers 4 3 273
7 Jonathan de Souza 4 3 265
8 Tom Carey 4 3 251
9 Dan Byrom 4 3 248
10 Tracey Mills 4 3 234
11 George Armstrong 4 3 229
12 Richard Priest 4 3 220
13 Steve Hyde 4 3 205
14 Chris Marshall 4 3 191
15 Tim Hebbes 4 2 249
16 Dinos Sfyris 4 2 237
17 Tim Down 4 2 235
18 Bradley Horrocks 4 2 234
18 Mike Lee 4 2 234
20 Adam Latchford 4 2 231
21 James Haughton 4 2 227
22 Gabriel Thallon 4 2 226
23 Fiona Titcombe 4 2 217
24 Coral Heath 4 2 195
25 Stewart Gordon 4 2 184
26 Eeshan Malhotra 4 2 181
27 Adam Dexter 4 2 178
28 David Hilton 4 2 171
29 Amar Chotai 4 2 170
29 Jason Turner 4 2 170
31 Mark Mills 4 2 105
32 Eddy Byrne 4 1 243
33 Toby Pereira 4 1 207
34 Phil Stanton 4 1 196
35 Joe Bartram 4 1 193
36 Adam Beach 4 1 179
37 M SR 4 1 173
38 Mike Springett 4 1 141
39 Vicci Smith 4 1 111
40 Taz Turner 4 1 104
41 Anthony Endsor 4 0 165
42 James Laverty 4 0 145
43 Nicky Owens 4 0 134
44 George Baker 4 0 85

RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1

Table 2

Table 3
M SR 36 - 69 Tim Down

Table 4

Table 5

Table 6

Table 7

Table 8

Table 9

Table 10

Table 11

Table 12

Table 13

Table 14

Table 15

Round 2

Table 1
Jack Hurst 74 - 56 Tim Down
Tim Down 42 - 64 Conor Travers
Conor Travers 63 - 73 Jack Hurst

Table 2
Thomas Cappleman 62 - 44 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 71 - 46 James Haughton
James Haughton 45 - 58 Thomas Cappleman

Table 3
Callum Todd 72 - 45 Fiona Titcombe
Fiona Titcombe 44 - 50 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 37 - 71 Callum Todd

Table 4
Tom Carey 67 - 36 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 28 - 66 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 62 - 58 Tom Carey

Table 5
Steve Hyde 64 - 47 Eeshan Malhotra
Eeshan Malhotra 28 - 69 Ruth Cappleman
Ruth Cappleman 52 - 33 Steve Hyde

Table 6
Eddy Byrne 50 - 65 Mike Lee
Mike Lee 51 - 65 Jonathan de Souza
Jonathan de Souza 73 - 70 Eddy Byrne

Table 7
Tracey Mills 61 - 48 Toby Pereira
Toby Pereira 45 - 68 Dinos Sfyris
Dinos Sfyris 52 - 57 Tracey Mills

Table 8
Adam Latchford 69 - 46 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 84 - 51 Gabriel Thallon
Gabriel Thallon 63 - 50 Adam Latchford

Table 9
Phil Stanton 55 - 59 Coral Heath
Coral Heath 42 - 75 George Armstrong
George Armstrong 51 - 45 Phil Stanton

Table 10
Adam Beach 41 - 55 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 61 - 36 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 60 - 57 Adam Beach

Table 11
Anthony Endsor 35 - 47 M SR
M SR 40 - 67 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 69 - 35 Anthony Endsor

Table 12
Jason Turner 46 - 39 James Laverty
James Laverty 42 - 66 Joe Bartram
Joe Bartram 50 - 52 Jason Turner

Table 13
David Hilton 60 - 46 Mike Springett
Mike Springett 38 - 36 Nicky Owens
Nicky Owens 34 - 48 David Hilton

Table 14
George Baker 25 - 41 Taz Turner
Taz Turner 27 - 62 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 53 - 15 George Baker

Table 15
Mark Mills 49 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 52 Vicci Smith
Vicci Smith 24 - 33 Mark Mills
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

And the standing before the final...

STANDINGS

P W Pts
1 Callum Todd 6 6 391
2 Conor Travers 6 5 398
3 Tom Carey 6 5 382
4 Graeme Cole 6 5 370
5 Thomas Cappleman 6 5 365
6 George Armstrong 6 5 340
7 Jonathan de Souza 6 4 399
8 Jack Hurst 6 4 394
9 Tim Down 6 4 368
10 Bradley Horrocks 6 4 353
11 James Haughton 6 4 352
12 Tracey Mills 6 4 332
13 Gabriel Thallon 6 4 331
14 Steve Hyde 6 4 312
15 Ruth Cappleman 6 4 302
16 Stewart Gordon 6 4 286
17 Amar Chotai 6 4 277
18 Dinos Sfyris 6 3 370
19 Eddy Byrne 6 3 368
20 Dan Byrom 6 3 358
21 Mike Lee 6 3 351
22 Fiona Titcombe 6 3 316
23 Richard Priest 6 3 313
24 Eeshan Malhotra 6 3 284
25 M SR 6 3 281
26 Chris Marshall 6 3 278
27 Jason Turner 6 3 272
28 Adam Latchford 6 2 331
28 Tim Hebbes 6 2 331
30 Joe Bartram 6 2 301
31 Phil Stanton 6 2 296
32 Toby Pereira 6 2 290
33 Adam Beach 6 2 277
34 Adam Dexter 6 2 275
35 Coral Heath 6 2 270
36 James Laverty 6 2 264
37 Mike Springett 6 2 252
38 David Hilton 6 2 240
39 Nicky Owens 6 2 206
40 Mark Mills 6 2 160
41 Anthony Endsor 6 1 285
42 Vicci Smith 6 1 172
43 George Baker 6 1 157
44 Taz Turner 6 1 153

RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1

Table 2

Table 3
M SR 36 - 69 Tim Down

Table 4

Table 5

Table 6

Table 7

Table 8

Table 9

Table 10

Table 11

Table 12

Table 13

Table 14

Table 15

Round 2

Table 1
Jack Hurst 74 - 56 Tim Down
Tim Down 42 - 64 Conor Travers
Conor Travers 63 - 73 Jack Hurst

Table 2
Thomas Cappleman 62 - 44 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 71 - 46 James Haughton
James Haughton 45 - 58 Thomas Cappleman

Table 3
Callum Todd 72 - 45 Fiona Titcombe
Fiona Titcombe 44 - 50 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 37 - 71 Callum Todd

Table 4
Tom Carey 67 - 36 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 28 - 66 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 62 - 58 Tom Carey

Table 5
Steve Hyde 64 - 47 Eeshan Malhotra
Eeshan Malhotra 28 - 69 Ruth Cappleman
Ruth Cappleman 52 - 33 Steve Hyde

Table 6
Eddy Byrne 50 - 65 Mike Lee
Mike Lee 51 - 65 Jonathan de Souza
Jonathan de Souza 73 - 70 Eddy Byrne

Table 7
Tracey Mills 61 - 48 Toby Pereira
Toby Pereira 45 - 68 Dinos Sfyris
Dinos Sfyris 52 - 57 Tracey Mills

Table 8
Adam Latchford 69 - 46 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 84 - 51 Gabriel Thallon
Gabriel Thallon 63 - 50 Adam Latchford

Table 9
Phil Stanton 55 - 59 Coral Heath
Coral Heath 42 - 75 George Armstrong
George Armstrong 51 - 45 Phil Stanton

Table 10
Adam Beach 41 - 55 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 61 - 36 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 60 - 57 Adam Beach

Table 11
Anthony Endsor 35 - 47 M SR
M SR 40 - 67 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 69 - 35 Anthony Endsor

Table 12
Jason Turner 46 - 39 James Laverty
James Laverty 42 - 66 Joe Bartram
Joe Bartram 50 - 52 Jason Turner

Table 13
David Hilton 60 - 46 Mike Springett
Mike Springett 38 - 36 Nicky Owens
Nicky Owens 34 - 48 David Hilton

Table 14
George Baker 25 - 41 Taz Turner
Taz Turner 27 - 62 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 53 - 15 George Baker

Table 15
Mark Mills 49 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 52 Vicci Smith
Vicci Smith 24 - 33 Mark Mills

Round 3

Table 1
Callum Todd 47 - 43 Thomas Cappleman
Thomas Cappleman 66 - 48 Jack Hurst
Jack Hurst 59 - 69 Callum Todd

Table 2
Ruth Cappleman 35 - 52 Conor Travers
Conor Travers 73 - 41 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 75 - 34 Ruth Cappleman

Table 3
Tom Carey 62 - 45 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 65 - 75 Jonathan de Souza
Jonathan de Souza 59 - 69 Tom Carey

Table 4
George Armstrong 54 - 49 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 44 - 51 Tracey Mills
Tracey Mills 47 - 57 George Armstrong

Table 5
Chris Marshall 27 - 65 Tim Down
Tim Down 68 - 37 Steve Hyde
Steve Hyde 70 - 60 Chris Marshall

Table 6
Dinos Sfyris 58 - 59 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 60 - 32 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 50 - 75 Dinos Sfyris

Table 7
Adam Latchford 40 - 70 James Haughton
James Haughton 65*- 55 Mike Lee
Mike Lee 62 - 60 Adam Latchford

Table 8
Fiona Titcombe 59 - 48 Coral Heath
Coral Heath 27 - 55 Gabriel Thallon
Gabriel Thallon 50 - 40 Fiona Titcombe

Table 9
Eeshan Malhotra 69*- 59 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 38 - 55 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 47 - 44 Eeshan Malhotra

Table 10
Amar Chotai 53 - 45 Jason Turner
Jason Turner 57 - 29 David Hilton
David Hilton 40 - 54 Amar Chotai

Table 11
Eddy Byrne 63 - 39 Toby Pereira
Toby Pereira 44 - 36 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 19 - 62 Eddy Byrne

Table 12
Joe Bartram 45 - 56 Adam Beach
Adam Beach 42 - 48 Phil Stanton
Phil Stanton 52 - 63 Joe Bartram

Table 13
Mike Springett 67 - 27 Vicci Smith
Vicci Smith 34 - 59 M SR
M SR 49 - 44 Mike Springett

Table 14
Anthony Endsor 53 - 69 James Laverty
James Laverty 50 - 31 Taz Turner
Taz Turner 18 - 67 Anthony Endsor

Table 15
George Baker 44 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 30 Nicky Owens
Nicky Owens 42 - 28 George Baker
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

And Conor retains the title, defeating Callum 64-50 in the final!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

At the halfway point of the hangover...

STANDINGS

P W Pts
1 Thomas Cappleman 2 2 144
2 Graeme Cole 2 2 140
3 Tim Down 2 2 134
4 George Armstrong 2 2 132
5 Callum Todd 2 2 131
6 Bradley Horrocks 2 2 126
7 Gabriel Thallon 2 2 117
7 Jack Hurst 2 2 117
9 Chris Marshall 2 2 108
10 Dan Byrom 2 1 131
11 Mike Lee 2 1 128
12 Richard Priest 2 1 125
13 Tracey Mills 2 1 121
14 Dinos Sfyris 2 1 113
15 Adam Latchford 2 1 110
16 Eddy Byrne 2 1 109
17 Adam Dexter 2 1 108
18 Fiona Titcombe 2 1 104
19 Ruth Cappleman 2 1 99
20 Eeshan Malhotra 2 1 96
21 Phil Stanton 2 1 94
22 Tim Hebbes 2 1 86
23 Tom Carey 2 1 84
24 Amar Chotai 2 1 70
25 M SR 2 0 102
26 David Hilton 2 0 88
27 Adam Beach 2 0 74
28 Joe Bartram 2 0 73
29 Gevin Chapwell 2 0 71
30 Stewart Gordon 2 0 67
31 Mark Mills 2 0 50

RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1
Ruth Cappleman 33 - 53 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 55 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 66 Ruth Cappleman

Table 2
M SR 46 - 64 Phil Stanton
Phil Stanton 30 - 71 Thomas Cappleman
Thomas Cappleman 73 - 56 M SR

Table 3
Mike Lee 79 - 55 Adam Beach
Adam Beach 19 - 52 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 74 - 49 Mike Lee

Table 4
Amar Chotai 30 - 21 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 29 - 60 Gabriel Thallon
Gabriel Thallon 57 - 40 Amar Chotai

Table 5
Dan Byrom 69 - 41 Gevin Chapwell
Gevin Chapwell 30 - 59 Callum Todd
Callum Todd 72 - 62 Dan Byrom

Table 6
Stewart Gordon 28 - 48 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 60 - 70 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 70 - 39 Stewart Gordon

Table 7
Richard Priest 66 - 50 David Hilton
David Hilton 38 - 70 George Armstrong
George Armstrong 62 - 59 Richard Priest

Table 8
Dinos Sfyris 49 - 60 Adam Latchford
Adam Latchford 50 - 60 Tracey Mills
Tracey Mills 61 - 64 Dinos Sfyris

Table 9
Eddy Byrne 54 - 37 Joe Bartram
Joe Bartram 36 - 69 Tim Down
Tim Down 65 - 55 Eddy Byrne

Table 10
Eeshan Malhotra 49 - 39 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 47 - 33 Tom Carey
Tom Carey 51 - 47 Eeshan Malhotra

Table 11
Fiona Titcombe 62 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 73 Jack Hurst
Jack Hurst 44 - 42 Fiona Titcombe
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

And the standings before the final are...

STANDINGS

P W Pts
1 Jack Hurst 4 4 273
2 Tim Down 4 4 261
3 Callum Todd 4 4 260
4 Thomas Cappleman 4 3 274
5 Dan Byrom 4 3 259
6 George Armstrong 4 3 251
7 Dinos Sfyris 4 3 234
8 Gabriel Thallon 4 3 227
9 Tom Carey 4 3 225
10 Tim Hebbes 4 3 212
11 Eeshan Malhotra 4 3 188
12 Graeme Cole 4 2 259
13 Richard Priest 4 2 247
14 Tracey Mills 4 2 239
15 Bradley Horrocks 4 2 235
16 Adam Dexter 4 2 209
17 David Hilton 4 2 206
18 Fiona Titcombe 4 2 199
19 Chris Marshall 4 2 195
19 Joe Bartram 4 2 195
21 Stewart Gordon 4 2 180
22 Phil Stanton 4 2 165
23 M SR 4 1 212
24 Eddy Byrne 4 1 211
25 Mike Lee 4 1 193
26 Adam Latchford 4 1 187
27 Ruth Cappleman 4 1 183
28 Gevin Chapwell 4 1 173
29 Amar Chotai 4 1 172
30 Mark Mills 4 1 122
31 Adam Beach 4 0 151

RESULTS

Round 1

Table 1
Ruth Cappleman 33 - 53 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 55 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 66 Ruth Cappleman

Table 2
M SR 46 - 64 Phil Stanton
Phil Stanton 30 - 71 Thomas Cappleman
Thomas Cappleman 73 - 56 M SR

Table 3
Mike Lee 79 - 55 Adam Beach
Adam Beach 19 - 52 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 74 - 49 Mike Lee

Table 4
Amar Chotai 30 - 21 Mark Mills
Mark Mills 29 - 60 Gabriel Thallon
Gabriel Thallon 57 - 40 Amar Chotai

Table 5
Dan Byrom 69 - 41 Gevin Chapwell
Gevin Chapwell 30 - 59 Callum Todd
Callum Todd 72 - 62 Dan Byrom

Table 6
Stewart Gordon 28 - 48 Adam Dexter
Adam Dexter 60 - 70 Graeme Cole
Graeme Cole 70 - 39 Stewart Gordon

Table 7
Richard Priest 66 - 50 David Hilton
David Hilton 38 - 70 George Armstrong
George Armstrong 62 - 59 Richard Priest

Table 8
Dinos Sfyris 49 - 60 Adam Latchford
Adam Latchford 50 - 60 Tracey Mills
Tracey Mills 61 - 64 Dinos Sfyris

Table 9
Eddy Byrne 54 - 37 Joe Bartram
Joe Bartram 36 - 69 Tim Down
Tim Down 65 - 55 Eddy Byrne

Table 10
Eeshan Malhotra 49 - 39 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 47 - 33 Tom Carey
Tom Carey 51 - 47 Eeshan Malhotra

Table 11
Fiona Titcombe 62 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 73 Jack Hurst
Jack Hurst 44 - 42 Fiona Titcombe

Round 2

Table 1
Graeme Cole 55 - 65 Tim Down
Tim Down 62 - 57 Thomas Cappleman
Thomas Cappleman 73 - 64 Graeme Cole

Table 2
Callum Todd 63 - 59 Bradley Horrocks
Bradley Horrocks 50 - 58 George Armstrong
George Armstrong 61 - 66 Callum Todd

Table 3
Gabriel Thallon 62 - 39 Chris Marshall
Chris Marshall 48 - 81 Jack Hurst
Jack Hurst 75 - 48 Gabriel Thallon

Table 4
Mike Lee 32 - 67 Tracey Mills
Tracey Mills 51 - 56 Dan Byrom
Dan Byrom 72 - 33 Mike Lee

Table 5
Dinos Sfyris 52 - 49 Eddy Byrne
Eddy Byrne 53 - 68 Richard Priest
Richard Priest 54 - 69 Dinos Sfyris

Table 6
Adam Dexter 43 - 58 Eeshan Malhotra
Eeshan Malhotra 34 - 27 Adam Latchford
Adam Latchford 50 - 58 Adam Dexter

Table 7
Ruth Cappleman 46 - 57 Tim Hebbes
Tim Hebbes 69 - 51 Fiona Titcombe
Fiona Titcombe 44 - 38 Ruth Cappleman

Table 8
Tom Carey 71 - 47 Amar Chotai
Amar Chotai 55 - 59 Phil Stanton
Phil Stanton 12 - 70 Tom Carey

Table 9
David Hilton 55 - 45 Adam Beach
Adam Beach 32 - 54 M SR
M SR 56 - 63 David Hilton

Table 10
Gevin Chapwell 65 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 55 Joe Bartram
Joe Bartram 67 - 37 Gevin Chapwell

Table 11
Mark Mills 41 - 0 Rishi Prunak
Rishi Prunak 0 - 43 Stewart Gordon
Stewart Gordon 70 - 31 Mark Mills
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

And Tim takes the title, winning 85-75 in a titanic battle for his first COLIN title win! Many thanks to everyone who came over the weekend, its you guys who make the event what it is. :-) I'm now going to go back into hibernation for the next 9 months. See you all in 2024 for COLIN XIX!
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Ben Wilson wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:27 pm And Tim takes the title, winning 85-75 in a titanic battle for his first COLIN title win! Many thanks to everyone who came over the weekend, its you guys who make the event what it is. :-) I'm now going to go back into hibernation for the next 9 months. See you all in 2024 for COLIN XIX!
Once again, thanks for organising the event. Good to see numbers bouncing back since last year.

Wasn't the score for the final 86-76? That's what it says on the final scoresheet I have a photo of, but whoever filled that in also got the result the wrong way round so make of that what you will.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Yeah, it's 86-76, I (ironically) struggled a bit with the handwriting. And yw :)
Adam Beach
Rookie

Post by Adam Beach »

Thank you to everyone for making the weekend great. I enjoyed my COLIN debut very much, and was honoured to preside over the grand final for the Hangover — it made up for my embarrassing performance of coming last. Looking forward to next year's. :)
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Thank you for a wonderful weekend yet again ! see you all in 2024 !
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Many thanks for a great weekend Ben!
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Great weekend! Thanks to Ben for organizing, and well done to Conor and Tim D, both thoroughly deserving winners.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

The Saturday is up on the wiki now - I'll do the Sunday shortly. Feel free to pick holes in it like a block of Swiss cheese. (Other cheeses are available.) https://wiki.apterous.org/COLIN_XVIII
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

The Sunday should now be up too. I also have an Excel tool that changes the points into wikitable format, so if there's any errors then apologies in advance.
Tim Down
Acolyte

Post by Tim Down »

Another great COLIN weekend, big thanks to Ben for organizing it yet again, and to everyone for the fun.

Rhys: the score for the Hangover final should be 76-86 rather than 75-85.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

If you see something that doesn't look right, speak to me, or make an edit to the wiki yourself on wiki.apterous.org.

See it, say it, sorted.
Andres Sanchez
Enthusiast

Post by Andres Sanchez »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:54 pm If you see something that doesn't look right, speak to me, or make an edit to the wiki yourself on wiki.apterous.org.

See it, say it, sorted.
Think you have the Hangover final linking to the regular final.
One of da 'Muricans