Funny moment from countdown

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Brian Whitworth
Rookie

Funny moment from countdown

Post by Brian Whitworth »

ha ha ha - I've never seen this before, and I didn't even think it was allowed!!
Funny Countdown Video
Last edited by Brian Whitworth on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Funny moment from countdown

Post by Charlie Reams »

The link doesn't work and if it's the fucking PISSFLAPS clip again then I will kill you. Just so you know.
Brian Whitworth
Rookie

Post by Brian Whitworth »

Charlie Reams wrote:The link doesn't work and if it's the fucking PISSFLAPS clip again then I will kill you. Just so you know.
Link works for me, and don't be vulgar Charlie - no it's not. :evil:

It's when the contestant let Carol choose the letters.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ah, I must've missed that one, nice.

It's funny how "1 large and 5 of your choice" in the numbers has come to mean "1 large and 5 small of your choice"... i've always hoped that Carol/Rachel would one day just wang a couple of extra large numbers in of her choice :-)
Hannah O
Acolyte

Post by Hannah O »

Haha, I like that one. There are many funny bloopers on youtube, but don't be fooled by the one Charlie mentioned, which is clearly edited! It would be funny if Rachel did choose 3 other large numbers! :D
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

Nice find.

I find it amusing how in the comments someone tries to be a smart arse by giving the probability of the word COUNTDOWN coming up on the show, clearly ignoring the fact that there aren't an equal number of each letter in the tileset. Not only that but, if I'm right (and it is early in the morning), he's also assuming that once a letter comes out in Countdown you can use it any number of times, á la Countdown Unlimited on Apterous. I suppose that's what goes for a "mathematician" in YouTube comments though...
jeff wharton
Rookie

Post by jeff wharton »

Simon Myers wrote:Nice find.

I find it amusing how in the comments someone tries to be a smart arse by giving the probability of the word COUNTDOWN coming up on the show, clearly ignoring the fact that there aren't an equal number of each letter in the tileset. Not only that but, if I'm right (and it is early in the morning), he's also assuming that once a letter comes out in Countdown you can use it any number of times, á la Countdown Unlimited on Apterous. I suppose that's what goes for a "mathematician" in YouTube comments though...
It did come up once.It was used as a conundrum when Richard was still on the Show.
I remember that one where Carol chooses the letters then throws away the Q.I thought it funny at the time.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

I've seen that before, and yes, Carol is a lovely lady!