The Demi appreciation thread

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Kirk Bevins
God

The Demi appreciation thread

Post by Kirk Bevins »

After discussions in the bar after the studios, I finally got to speak to the wonder that is Demi, the shuffler. Great to speak to but hard to hypnotise. I'm still waiting for DTCSX and AIO on the top of a pile!
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Re: The Demi appreciation thread

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Please read my comment made in the now rather boring Danielle Appreciation Thread. :)
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Yep. I said this already too, but Demi is really cool. She also gave me the real letters distribution as used on the show, so I'll update Apterous with that soon (at a glance it looks like we deduced it very accurately, but you can never be sure of the exact numbers of Es and so on.) I think Kirk grilled her about her shuffling technique but she's some magic you just can't reproduce automatically...
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Charlie Reams wrote: I think Kirk grilled her about her shuffling technique but she's some magic you just can't reproduce automatically...
Noooo - her shuffling technique is the best - I didn't grill her at all. I was teasing her to try to get her to produce high maximums but she wasn't having any of it.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote: I think Kirk grilled her about her shuffling technique but she's some magic you just can't reproduce automatically...
Noooo - her shuffling technique is the best - I didn't grill her at all. I was teasing her to try to get her to produce high maximums but she wasn't having any of it.
Grill means interrogate, not criticise, you wang.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Charlie Reams wrote: Grill means interrogate, not criticise, you wang.
Oh, I'm not very good with words.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
Grill means interrogate, not criticise, you wang.
Note: would also have been a bit harsh if he'd cooked her under a grill for her shuffling technique.
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Charlie Reams wrote:Yep. I said this already too, but Demi is really cool. She also gave me the real letters distribution as used on the show, so I'll update Apterous with that soon (at a glance it looks like we deduced it very accurately, but you can never be sure of the exact numbers of Es and so on.) I think Kirk grilled her about her shuffling technique but she's some magic you just can't reproduce automatically...
Last time I went to the studios, I enjoyed listening to her happily singing to herself while shuffling the letters! Maybe that's part of the magic to which you allude :)