Moneybags

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Philip A
Kiloposter

Moneybags

Post by Philip A »

Love this! Weekdays @ 3 pm on Channel 4, hosted by the enthusiastic Craig Charles.
Series 78 Runner-up
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Re: Moneybags

Post by Fred Mumford »

Have watched this a few times now, and I find myself wondering why they bother having questions on it at all. None of the contestants ever seem to know anything, and are almost always just picking up bags at random - often displaying poor tactical play to complement their woeful lack of any general knowledge. Today's lot are truly awful - about 10 wrong decisions in a row so far, so maybe a random approach might actually be more successful. Shame really, as the format is quite interesting and Craig Charles is a good host.
Christy Cooper
Rookie

Post by Christy Cooper »

Craig's loveliness really radiates through the screen- just a warm soul.
Philip A
Kiloposter

Post by Philip A »

This is coming back for Series 2!
Series 78 Runner-up
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

It's a good game until the final round.
5% for the first go is too low and any further goes is all or nothing, far too risky.
It should be 10% for the first go 50% for the second go and if you lose you keed your 10% 100% for the third go and a double your money for the last go but the 10% for the first go should be your guaranteed win
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Philip A
Kiloposter

Post by Philip A »

Marc Meakin wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:56 am It's a good game until the final round.
5% for the first go is too low and any further goes is all or nothing, far too risky.
It should be 10% for the first go 50% for the second go and if you lose you keed your 10% 100% for the third go and a double your money for the last go but the 10% for the first go should be your guaranteed win
I disagree, the endgame is fine. In Series 1 the first bag was 10%, which I thought was a bit too generous: a £10,000 + win for one right answer. The current 5% > 20% > 50% > 100% is fine as it means more than doubling your money in each of the first 3 correct bags. I don’t think there should be any safe havens either.
Series 78 Runner-up
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Philip A wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:39 pm
Marc Meakin wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:56 am It's a good game until the final round.
I disagree, the endgame is fine. In Series 1 the first bag was 10%, which I thought was a bit too generous: a £10,000 + win for one right answer. The current 5% > 20% > 50% > 100% is fine as it means more than doubling your money in each of the first 3 correct bags. I don’t think there should be any safe havens either.
I still think if there was a safe haven contestants would be braver.
Its a great show and Craig is brilliant at it.
The bankrupts and steals when the contestant has no money is a bit annoying.
Also if there was a daily recap of what bags are still remaining could be tactically useful at the end of the week
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Moneybags is such a great show until the final.
There is too much risk for the contestants with the all or nothing risk.
They should either guarantee the 5% and a free go at each subsequent bag or have 2 bags with a lifeline or no lifeline so there is a chance.
Either that or pick contestants that like to gamble
Philip A
Kiloposter

Post by Philip A »

Marc Meakin wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:28 pm Moneybags is such a great show until the final.
There is too much risk for the contestants with the all or nothing risk.
They should either guarantee the 5% and a free go at each subsequent bag or have 2 bags with a lifeline or no lifeline so there is a chance.
Still a no from me.
Series 78 Runner-up