Countdown Coins

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Countdown Coins

Post by Charlie Reams »

Following the success of Countdown Dice (well, Corby enjoyed it anyway), here's a similar puzzle. You have nine coins with letters on each side. Of course not all the letters can be used, and they don't have to be distinct either.

The best set I can find for this is: A/F, B/T, C/O, D/M, E/H, I/U, G/S, L/P, N/R. How many nines can you find?

Note: No solvers please, but actually making the coins might be a good angle to start.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Re: Countdown Coins

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:Following the success of Countdown Dice (well, Corby enjoyed it anyway)
Actually it didn't remotely engage me at all (not even a little), but I do enjoy childishly quoting huge posts.
Rosemary Roberts
Devotee

Post by Rosemary Roberts »

Charlie Reams wrote:Following the success of Countdown Dice (well, Corby enjoyed it anyway), here's a similar puzzle. You have nine coins with letters on each side. Of course not all the letters can be used, and they don't have to be distinct either.

The best set I can find for this is: A/F, B/T, C/O, D/M, E/H, I/U, G/S, L/P, N/R. How many nines can you find?

Note: No solvers please, but actually making the coins might be a good angle to start.
Are we restricted to words with three vowels?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Rosemary Roberts wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:Following the success of Countdown Dice (well, Corby enjoyed it anyway), here's a similar puzzle. You have nine coins with letters on each side. Of course not all the letters can be used, and they don't have to be distinct either.

Are we restricted to words with three vowels?
No.