24 (Spoiler alert)

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

24 (Spoiler alert)

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Now that Season 7 is under way, for those dedicated enough to have 'found' the first 4 episodes online, waddya think?

Personally, Jack Bauer remains my hero. I'm fairly certain he's the reason Julian Fell went into retirement.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Re: 24 (Spoiler alert)

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

The sound doesn't work on my computer so no joy :(

Didnt see the 1st one on Monday but I cant wait for the 2nd installment tomorrow!

Also point of interest BAUERA is a valid Countdown word (and yes Julian Fell missed it as he was somewhat distracted being held captive by a certain Habib Marwan.)
Scott Bagnall

Post by Scott Bagnall »

I love 24 and it is more than likely my favourite programme. I own all the dvd's and have watched them more than once.

Season 7 has started of quite nicely in my view, but i'm still finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that there's no CTU anymore!
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

I'm glad the explained the 'Tony back from the dead' storyline early, I was wondering how they'd do it.
I'm hooked already, it's the one programme I never ever miss.
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't have reventured into this thread as I've not yet watched Series 2-6 fully and didnt know Tony died (or didnt die as it seems from Debbi's post) Finished Series 1 last night. Although its old news to most of you I thought it was brilliant! I just wish I hadn't known beforehand that Nina (Yelena) was evil! Also my ruddy mother has become even more addicted to it than I and stayed up all night to get in front of me on series 2! She also inadvertently spoilt it for me asking me to put the DVD on. Trying to find the right one I came across a disc with all the main characters on the front excluding Teri, hence I knew she was gonna die! (Also I saw a brief clip of Jack apprehending a nun which just boggled me!) As brilliant as the first series was I must say I saw all the twists coming: Alan Yorke not being Alan Yorke, the phone being a bomb (as they knew Jack would never kill David Palmer lets face it) etc. Think I'll break into series 2 tomorrow (today now) after COLIN and will join the discussion in here when I'm fully caught up!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Have to say, I'm loving the new season a lot more than I was expecting. Not so much killing from JB, but some interesting scenarios for him to get out of. For me the show peaked in the second half of season 3, although parts of season 5 were awesome too. They might as well have kept CTU, since they seem to have retained all the key staff members!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I've always been such a huge fan, kept meaning to join this thread but forgot at the start of the season - kept downloading the episodes and then not watching as I was saving them from a mate on the way back from Australia. Two weekends ago we watched the first 8 episodes in a row, BANG!

Yeah great stuff so far. Enjoying how they are bringing back all the heroes like Erin.
Tony is such a stud but he's still clearly hiding some massive secrets, now that the Dubaku plot is out the way and we get to concentrate on Juma I'm looking forward to plenty more surprises.
And hopefully Sean will get a bit of torture up in him.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Matt Morrison wrote:Yeah great stuff so far. Enjoying how they are bringing back all the heroes like Erin.
You mean Aaron Pearce right? Legend indeed, the only character other than JB to have featured in every series. I think the appeal of the new series is that it remains textbook 24 (moles, torture,...) but its not so over the top. It seems to be much better written than before. I've just seen the trailer for next weeks double bill....looks amazing.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Yeah great stuff so far. Enjoying how they are bringing back all the heroes like Erin.
You mean Aaron Pearce right? Legend indeed, the only character other than JB to have featured in every series. I think the appeal of the new series is that it remains textbook 24 (moles, torture,...) but its not so over the top. It seems to be much better written than before. I've just seen the trailer for next weeks double bill....looks amazing.
Yup sorry Junaid, you knew who I meant, not sure why I said Erin considering that's a female name!

Didn't realise we were getting a double episode next week, sounds good though.
I remember when the first few series were on whilst I was at university. They were being shown on the BBC and after the episode on BBC1 you could flick over to BBC3 if you had freeview and watch the next one. Was a great set up as every week we watched the previous episode before watching the new one.

So, who have you got down as being a candidate to save the day this time? I'm thinking the FBI boss Moss.
And is Renee going to put everything into jeopardy by collapsing into an emotional wreck?
Are her and Jack going to kiss and make up?
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Matt Morrison wrote:So, who have you got down as being a candidate to save the day this time? I'm thinking the FBI boss Moss.
I hope so, as he reminds me very much of the legendary George Mason. Hope he doesn't try being a hero and going against JB.
Matt Morrison wrote:And is Renee going to put everything into jeopardy by collapsing into an emotional wreck?
Are her and Jack going to kiss and make up?
At this rate I'd be surprised if JB doesn't blow her brains out by the end of the day. I loved how in the last episode, one second he was consoling her and the next was pretty much threatening to kill her (well, sort of).

It'll be interesting to see what role Almeida has left to play.
Kate Horton
Rookie

Post by Kate Horton »

God dammit, Chloe!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kate Horton wrote:God dammit, Chloe!
It's "Dammit, Chloe!" - there's no way they'd be allowed to prefix that with "God"!
I'm always thinking Jack'd be a much calmer man if he was occasionally just allowed to shout FUUUUUUUUCK! at the top of his voice when something goes wrong.
Kate Horton
Rookie

Post by Kate Horton »

I stand corrected. :(
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Kate Horton wrote:I stand corrected. :(
Sorry Kate, didn't mean to be like that! But you know, 24 is the kind of show that breeds fanboys :)

Make yourself feel better by letting out a long gruff "Behroooooooooooz"
Kate Horton
Rookie

Post by Kate Horton »

I feel better already ;)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

I love this trailer for season 8
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:I love this trailer for season 8
And now I love you Dinos. That was fantastic!
Great pic of Kiefer drunk too... I presume you've seen the video of him drunk in a hotel reception last Christmas? I can't find the original but this will have to do.
Scott Bagnall

Post by Scott Bagnall »

Kiefer Sutherland is a bit of a hellraiser it's fair to say.

This season is getting better and better.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Just watched tonight's episode on Sky1. Junaid I guess you were right about Jack and Tony hooking up again!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Just watched tonight's episode on Sky1. Junaid I guess you were right about Jack and Tony hooking up again!
Does this mean you've finally seen the first six seasons? If not, DO NOT WATCH SEASON 7 until you have caught up!!!

Double episode tomorrow :D
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Just watched tonight's episode on Sky1. Junaid I guess you were right about Jack and Tony hooking up again!
Does this mean you've finally seen the first six seasons? If not, DO NOT WATCH SEASON 7 until you have caught up!!!

Double episode tomorrow :D
Tomorrow? Not next week?

As of tonight I've seen seasons 1-3. Lovely bit where Jack hacks off Chase's arm! But I've also seen most of 4 and bits of 6 so I figured I might as well join in! Only bit thats been spoilt for me is that something tragic happened to Michelle Dessler, but tbh it made it all the more compelling watching her confront the virus in the hotel, thinking... this is it... she's gonna die!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Tomorrow? Not next week?
Downloadage speeds things up a week!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:Tomorrow? Not next week?
Downloadage speeds things up a week!
This bit right here is the worst bit - having episodes 11 and 12 in my hands and not being able to watch them til I get together with my viewing companion later on tonight!
Something tells me these next two hours are going to be momentous - they've left it a touch later than usual to change from the opening plot to the conclusion plot so it's likely going to be an explosive start...
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Fantastic double bill this week, well worth the wait! JB still isn't firing on all cylinders but the series has really kicked into action. Not since Steven Sauunders in season 3 have the baddies seemed so in control. Okay, I guess it helps that White House security isn't all that. How will JB get out of this one?!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Junaid, come back and talk to me about 24, I miss you.

It's getting cracking again now, last episode truly got things back on track eh?

Think it must be Moss' turn to save the day next?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Just watched tonight's Sky1 installment (10-11pm) Why the baddies would want a POOINAWEB I'll never know... Gonna watch some vintage (well not that vintage) Series 5 Bauer later on :)
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Just seen #16...top episode, but surely a candidate for the one in which Jack has contributed least. And I swear he almost smiled around 33 mins in...where the hell does he think he is, Disneyland?

I was disappointed the Juma plot didn't last longer and killing Bill off was very predictable. However Jon Voigt and co are proving to be rather good, even if the trap by Cedan on Almeida was fairly obvious.

So, he's cheated death (twice), survived in a Chinese prison (nice scars) and so much more, but is the POOINAWEB gonna get the better of Jack? The smart money says he'll torture it out of himself in time. There is to be a season 8 after all.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah he won't have any problem being fit and healthy again by the end of the hour. They've got different routes - either heal him, or just go the easy way and say that particular tube wasn't actually some grisly gas but was just coolant or something.

I can't help but think there's going to be ANOTHER plot before the end of the series too - or at least a massive twist like the bioweapon actually going off. Hodges isn't usually the sort of enemy that gives Jack much of a problem in himself. Once Jack finds out it's him it shouldn't take much more than a single hour to apprehend/torture/kill him, we're talking about a couple of guys in an office, not like Juma who's part of a mobile terrorist army.

TONIGHT!!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Ah, I think you are one episode behind me Matt...let me know what you think of Hodges after watching this week's instalment.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:Ah, I think you are one episode behind me Matt...let me know what you think of Hodges after watching this week's instalment.
Ah yeah, just noticed you said #16. Thanks for not spoiling anything, apart from Jack's possible smile! :)
You must have watched it in the middle of the night then?
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Matt Morrison wrote:You must have watched it in the middle of the night then?
First thing this morning. Actually second thing, after watching the strangely comulsive One Tree Hill on E4.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:You must have watched it in the middle of the night then?
First thing this morning. Actually second thing, after watching the strangely comulsive One Tree Hill on E4.
Yeah guess that makes sense. I'd forgotten there was a period in between the 3am release and now, I guess it's called 'morning'
I think I just discounted that possibility because it's so un-24 like! 24 has to be enjoyed with company, at night, with the lights off... not over breakfast and coffee!
What would Jack say to you if he knew?! Tut tut.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Matt Morrison wrote: I'd forgotten there was a period in between the 3am release and now, I guess it's called 'morning' I think I just discounted that possibility because it's so un-24 like! 24 has to be enjoyed with company, at night, with the lights off... not over breakfast and coffee!
What would Jack say to you if he knew?! Tut tut.
Yeah I actually agree. I watched seasons 1 and 2 as they were shown on BBC on Sunday evenings and at uni I would always have people round at night watching new episodes. However my current flatmate doesnt watch it and Im always too curious to delay watching it. I tremble over the prospect of what JB would say/do. Oh, but I don't have coffee in the morning so I should be fine right?
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:Yeah I actually agree. I watched seasons 1 and 2 as they were shown on BBC on Sunday evenings and at uni I would always have people round at night watching new episodes. However my current flatmate doesnt watch it and Im always too curious to delay watching it. I tremble over the prospect of what JB would say/do. Oh, but I don't have coffee in the morning so I should be fine right?
I'll let you watch it in the mornings so long as next week you get into the spirit of it all by getting someone to tie you to a chair, handcuff you, put pegs on your nipples, and shake you occasionally.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Matt Morrison wrote:I'll let you watch it in the mornings so long as next week you get into the spirit of it all by getting someone to tie you to a chair, handcuff you, put pegs on your nipples, and shake you occasionally.
Are you mental?

I already do all that.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Missed last week's Sky1 installment and will miss tonight's as well :( Won't be able to catch up online so unless there's a Sky1 repeat I don't know about, Junaid or Matt could you fill me in on any Bauer action I miss plz :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:Missed last week's Sky1 installment and will miss tonight's as well :( Won't be able to catch up online so unless there's a Sky1 repeat I don't know about, Junaid or Matt could you fill me in on any Bauer action I miss plz :)
you want a download link? let me know the episode number(s)...
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

fuckyshittyfuckyshittyfuckyshittyfuckyshittyfuckyshittyfuck. Just had tonight ruined for me. :cry:
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

SPOILER's afoot....

This week's episode was textbook 24...any agent who isn't a main character is useless. Oh and let's kill off another main character. Let's finish the current plot off and say there are even bigger baddies. And let's make a good guy bad again. And let's get Kim back just for good measure. Gotta love it.
Lee Simmonds
Acolyte

Post by Lee Simmonds »

Just watched the last couple of episodes. Tony - OMG - didn't see that coming!

Oh, and pretty cool to see Kim back :D
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Lee Simmonds wrote:Just watched the last couple of episodes. Tony - OMG - didn't see that coming!

Oh, and pretty cool to see Kim back :D
Aah, look at little Lewis!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Just seen episodes 20 and 21...the whole Almeida thing makes no sense at all (not that I expected it to). He seems intent on attaking on US soil, despite$ thwarting Hodges' effort. It annoys me that the best new character, Larry Moss, is gone. He'll probably be back in season 12 though.