new countdown

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
lisa

new countdown

Post by lisa »

i watched the new countdown for the first time today and is it me or is there just no personatlity at all on there? no banter like there used to be. it was rather boring to be quite honest. i dont think i will be able to watch it again.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: new countdown

Post by Ian Volante »

I think it's the best it's been in ten years.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Apart from when I was on obviously.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

lisa wrote:i watched the new countdown for the first time today and is it me or is there just no personatlity at all on there? no banter like there used to be. it was rather boring to be quite honest. i dont think i will be able to watch it again.
Hi Carol.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Jon Corby wrote:
lisa wrote:i watched the new countdown for the first time today and is it me or is there just no personatlity at all on there? no banter like there used to be. it was rather boring to be quite honest. i dont think i will be able to watch it again.
Hi Carol.
:D
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Bart's also on the forum btw.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
Hi Carol.
:D
Are you building up to your thousandth post Dinos?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Maybe...

but when will it be :shock:
Naomi Laddiman
Rookie

Post by Naomi Laddiman »

Clearly its just you - having been there for the recording, I found it the opposite actually, very entertaining!
Kathleen Batlle
Acolyte

Post by Kathleen Batlle »

I'm so sorry you feel like this and maybe participating in the game isn't part of your enjoyment of Countdown but, although I thought Rachel seems very nervous, the game is just the same as it always was. I'm very confident that the banter between the contestants, dictionary corner and the presenters will develop in time, but in the meantime get out your pencil and pad, join in the game and give them a chance.
Dan Vanniasingham
Enthusiast

Post by Dan Vanniasingham »

kathleen batlle wrote:
I'm so sorry you feel like this and maybe participating in the game isn't part of your enjoyment of Countdown but, although I thought Rachel seems very nervous, the game is just the same as it always was. I'm very confident that the banter between the contestants, dictionary corner and the presenters will develop in time, but in the meantime get out your pencil and pad, join in the game and give them a chance.
+1

Unlike previous transitions, this one features a new host AND assistant/co-presenter, and the latter has no previous tv experience. It will likely take longer than previous changes for the show to fully recreate the banter you enjoy, but I'm hugely encouraged by what I've seen already.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Post by David O'Donnell »

Jon Corby wrote:
Hi Carol.
LMAO - Corby never disappoints.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
Hi Carol.
LMAO - Corby never disappoints.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Seriously. Wanna go to the "welcome" bit and tell us a bit about yourself "lisa"? Such as, do you need braces?
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Post by Katherine Birkett »

Scarcely any punctuation at all, there...
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Post by Katherine Birkett »

Jon Corby wrote:
Hi Carol.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Katherine Birkett wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:
Hi Carol.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Actually, 'lisa' is pretty close to Carol's daughter's name 'Lucy' too.

Either way - busted Image
Lesley Jeavons
Enthusiast

Post by Lesley Jeavons »

I was thinking today, espec with Kai being on as Carol seemed to like him... I guess Carol will be watcthing these shows. Not just out of curiosity about Jeff and Rachel, but also because I think she'll genuinely want to see how all you contestants that she knows get on in CoC. :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Lesley Jeavons wrote:I was thinking today, espec with Kai being on as Carol seemed to like him... I guess Carol will be watcthing these shows. Not just out of curiosity about Jeff and Rachel, but also because I think she'll genuinely want to see how all you contestants that she knows get on in CoC. :)
She'll either definitely be watching or definitely not be watching, having never met her I don't know if she's the type to be bitter or not.
I'd be fairly sure she already knows the CoC result though?