COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Fiona T
Kiloposter

Re: COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Post by Fiona T »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:51 pm Well, this comes back to what I said about how poor Vallance et al have been, but have been somewhat unaccountable. Remember, they told us masks may hinder things rather than improve them, at first...!
When this first kicked off, people queued at 2m distances, one way systems were in place in shops etc etc.

Now, with masks, it seems to be "carry on as you were"

My experience is very limited cos I've become unusually and worryingly (for me) paranoid about all this - but I certainly felt safer in my local Tesco express pre-mask days, where people waited indefinitely to avoid getting within 2m of the vulnerable pensioner in the pot noodle aisle. Now, no-one seems to give a shit.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Fiona T wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:13 pm
Rhys Benjamin wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:51 pm Well, this comes back to what I said about how poor Vallance et al have been, but have been somewhat unaccountable. Remember, they told us masks may hinder things rather than improve them, at first...!
When this first kicked off, people queued at 2m distances, one way systems were in place in shops etc etc.

My experience is very limited cos I've become unusually and worryingly (for me) paranoid about all this - but I certainly felt safer in my local Tesco express pre-mask days, where people waited indefinitely to avoid getting within 2m of the vulnerable pensioner in the pot noodle aisle. Now, no-one seems to give a shit.
I suppose that is the risk of masks. Maybe they should be more explicit about it not being an either/or thing. Wear a mask and stay two metres away!
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Post by Noel Mc »

Hospitals here (NI) are massively overwhelmed. There are 12 hospitals here, yesterday 8 of them were over capacity.

Outside Antrim Area Hospital had 15 ambulances outside it with people being treated in them, because there was no space inside for them.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Well, what's the cure in Northern Ireland, then? The second lockdown there lasted for 7 weeks and only ended 5 days ago, but apparently isn't enough.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

The King of Sweden thinks their approach has failed by the way.

In other news, I'm a bit surprised by all the dismay people have of going from tier 2 to tier 3. Maybe from businesses' point of view, but for individuals, I'm not seeing it as such a big deal. It seems to me that it basically means that instead of going out for a meal (with your household) you have to have a takeaway instead. As for going to the pub, well I would tend to go to the pub to meet people not from my house, so in tier 2 they're essentially closed anyway. For me, the big deal is going from tier 1 to tier 2. Certainly now that it's December and cold, I have friends that I would meet up with that I don't meet up with now. (Well I'm in tier 3 anyway now, but it's not going to make any difference to me.)
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Full lockdown again for SE and London. I’m getting frustrated by this now. The science giveth, the science taketh away.

The vaccine news seems like a lot of false positivity.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:01 pm The vaccine news seems like a lot of false positivity.
Not sure what's false about it; maybe the expectation of many people that it'll make a noticeable difference within a couple of weeks rather than six months?
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:01 pm Full lockdown again for SE and London. I’m getting frustrated by this now. The science giveth, the science taketh away.

The vaccine news seems like a lot of false positivity.
Whether it is because of the new variant or not, it does seem that lockdown + high tiers hasn't reduced the spread so at this point we should probably accept this. Especially with the vaccine now as it's likely to be temporary. In the hypothetical world where the vaccine proves elusive, the conversation might be different.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Ian Volante wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:07 pm
Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:01 pm The vaccine news seems like a lot of false positivity.
Not sure what's false about it; maybe the expectation of many people that it'll make a noticeable difference within a couple of weeks rather than six months?
It felt, last week, like the beginning of the end.

Now, it feels like it’s never going to end.

The worst thing for me is the hypocrisy. Not naming names (and it’s no one from C4C anyway) but I’ve seen so many people call for tougher restrictions before breaking them themselves: it’s always someone else’s responsibility. Much like how a lot of people want higher taxes, but don’t want to pay higher taxes.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

One thing that irks me is that virtually everything indoors is closed (in tier 4 where I am anyway), except for communal religious worship. Religion should not be given special treatment. That way madness lies.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:22 pm
Ian Volante wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:07 pm
It felt, last week, like the beginning of the end.

Now, it feels like it’s never going to end.
Just expectations to my mind; I don't see much change in how things are looking in the grand sweep of things.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:22 pm I'm surprised that they've picked the seemingly arbitrary day of this Thursday for the latest lockdown. Had they not noticed that it's Guy Fawkes night? If they were going to be like that about it, they should have done it on Hallowe'en to stop the idiots trick or treating.
Now that I think about it, it was probably to stop people blowing up the houses of parliament.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:43 am It's not all going brilliantly in Sweden.
Rhys Benjamin wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:08 pm Apparently they will announce Lockdown 2 Electric Boogaloo today.

Nah I’m done. Unnecessary.
My understanding is that Boris Johnson has the same general viewpoint as you, but that's why he's done such a bad job of this. He didn't want to go into lockdown the first time and held off as long as possible, and when he did, it was later than it should have been. And the same has happened here. If you want to argue that there shouldn't be any sort of lockdown at all, then fine as long (as you can avoid the NHS getting overwhelmed), but by consistently entering these lockdowns too late, Johnson is getting the worst of both worlds.
This is what has happened again. And this is what happens when you change the rules so late in the day.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:50 pm What do people think of the Christmas bubble idea? A lot of people are against it because of the inevitable rise in infections and therefore deaths. But I'm not sure if this really is reason enough to stop it. I don't think it's much different from tier 1 conditions (where you can meet six people indoors anyway), and we had that in most of the country for quite a long time before we went into lockdown again. But the point is that was multiple weeks (or months - I can't remember exactly how long it was). I don't think we're going to get a massive spike that will overwhelm the NHS from five days of it. And ultimately that's what this is about. We tolerate 7000 to 20000 people dying of flu each year without going into lockdown over it because it's small enough that the NHS can cope with it. It might sound monstrous, but that's how it's always been before COVID came along. And I think once you get to the point where the NHS can cope, it should largely be up to people to act responsibly themselves. And that's how I see this Christmas bubble thing. If any of your relatives you were planning on meeting up with are at risk, then take precautions or don't meet up until they've been vaccinated. But I don't think it needs to be banned.
By the way, it seems I wasn't aware of how bad the situation was getting. I assumed that with the lockdown followed by quite harsh measures, the Christmas bubble wouldn't make much difference. But it seems that cases have been rising regardless. Whether that's because people haven't been acting in accordance with the guidelines, the guidelines haven't been optimised properly or whether people are going for too many rogue eye tests, I don't know, but this is a pretty bad fuck-up.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:15 pm
Gavin Chipper wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:50 pm What do people think of the Christmas bubble idea? A lot of people are against it because of the inevitable rise in infections and therefore deaths. But I'm not sure if this really is reason enough to stop it. I don't think it's much different from tier 1 conditions (where you can meet six people indoors anyway), and we had that in most of the country for quite a long time before we went into lockdown again. But the point is that was multiple weeks (or months - I can't remember exactly how long it was). I don't think we're going to get a massive spike that will overwhelm the NHS from five days of it. And ultimately that's what this is about. We tolerate 7000 to 20000 people dying of flu each year without going into lockdown over it because it's small enough that the NHS can cope with it. It might sound monstrous, but that's how it's always been before COVID came along. And I think once you get to the point where the NHS can cope, it should largely be up to people to act responsibly themselves. And that's how I see this Christmas bubble thing. If any of your relatives you were planning on meeting up with are at risk, then take precautions or don't meet up until they've been vaccinated. But I don't think it needs to be banned.
By the way, it seems I wasn't aware of how bad the situation was getting. I assumed that with the lockdown followed by quite harsh measures, the Christmas bubble wouldn't make much difference. But it seems that cases have been rising regardless. Whether that's because people haven't been acting in accordance with the guidelines, the guidelines haven't been optimised properly or whether people are going for too many rogue eye tests, I don't know, but this is a pretty bad fuck-up.
Speaking of which, I don't think we've yet had a response to Graeme's question on the other page about how Cummings doing this was legal.
Last edited by Elliott Mellor on Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Fiona T wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:13 pm

This is something I very much relate to - before masks were compulsory, people largely did their best to avoid getting too close to others because of the obvious risk of transmission. Now that masks are a thing, it's extremely noticeable how for many people this just seems to translate to "carry on doing what we were before all this happened, but with masks on" which I'd say is probably a lot more dangerous than staying 2m away and not having them on. I've had people shove past me in shops, which could easily transfer the virus to me if they've got it.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I was at Bushey station today (which I'm allowed to do, I was coming back from a support bubble visit) and I heard a announcement played over the tannoy from March. This one. Which seems like it's from a different time now. So hearing it again was quite something.

Indeed, if you rewatch the lockdown announcement then it also feels like a long time ago. (Also note that he specifically says they are locking down to protect the NHS, not "lockdown until a vaccine" that Hancock said on the Marr show yesterday.)
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:56 pm
Speaking of which, I don't think we've yet had a response to Graeme's question on the other page about how Cummings doing this was legal.
Any response, Rhys? I'm still waiting to be enlightened.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

When they were coming up with the vaccines, how did they decide the dose size and that they need to be taken twice and the time in between? There obviously wasn't enough time to test all this in the wild. Bascially they set all of these variables and then gave them to people and saw how well they worked. That's why when the Oxford vaccine was accidentally given at the wrong dose they found it apparently did better. But why did they decide that it needed two doses in the first place? Why not one, three or 75? If it works with one, then people could be vaccinated much more quickly.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Elliott Mellor wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:56 am
Elliott Mellor wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Any response, Rhys? I'm still waiting to be enlightened.
I mean, I don't think there's any rule which says "if travelling you must go by a certain route", but it's easily the dodgiest thing he did.

The fact that you're still obsessing over this ancient history whilst Margaret Ferrier is still an MP indicates bias, quite frankly.

Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:08 pm When they were coming up with the vaccines, how did they decide the dose size and that they need to be taken twice and the time in between? There obviously wasn't enough time to test all this in the wild. Bascially they set all of these variables and then gave them to people and saw how well they worked. That's why when the Oxford vaccine was accidentally given at the wrong dose they found it apparently did better. But why did they decide that it needed two doses in the first place? Why not one, three or 75? If it works with one, then people could be vaccinated much more quickly.
Well this says that the Pfizer vaccine went from 52% to 95% effective going from one to two doses, although this article says that the Moderna one only goes from 92 to 94%. But anyway, I read somewhere (can't find it now) that basically it's based on knowledge of existing vaccines where two doses are required.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

If I had a choice I'd prefer to have the Oxford one - although I'm at the very bottom of the list, admittedly. There's more margin for error with the Oxford vaccine and you just know you're going to hear about a story where the Pfizer vaccine "didn't work" because somebody turned the freezer off by mistake or something.
Matt Rutherford
Acolyte

Post by Matt Rutherford »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:22 pm The fact that you're still obsessing over this ancient history whilst Margaret Ferrier is still an MP indicates bias, quite frankly.
When it emerged Ferrier had broken the rules, she was suspended from the SNP immediately, Sturgeon condemned her actions-she did all she could, courtesy of her having no power to force her to step down as an MP. She did all she could. Meanwhile, Boris Johnson stood by Dom Cummings after he made laughable excuses for his actions. If a Labour MP/aide did what Dom Cummings did, you would have had a field day.
England's most socially-awkward churchgoer
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

Matt Rutherford wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:39 am
Rhys Benjamin wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:22 pm The fact that you're still obsessing over this ancient history whilst Margaret Ferrier is still an MP indicates bias, quite frankly.
When it emerged Ferrier had broken the rules, she was suspended from the SNP immediately, Sturgeon condemned her actions-she did all she could, courtesy of her having no power to force her to step down as an MP. She did all she could. Meanwhile, Boris Johnson stood by Dom Cummings after he made laughable excuses for his actions. If a Labour MP/aide did what Dom Cummings did, you would have had a field day.
This. It's YOU has the bias here, Rhys. Ferrier absolutely should have been condemned, as she indeed was. I am not pretending her actions were okay and nor is anyone else. Several people have said this when you've dredged her up, that she was in the wrong. You, meanwhile, have done a tap dance with regards to Cummings and consistently played the "what about?" card. You'd absolutely have had a field day if it had been anyone who wasn't a tory. Deny it all you like, but the fact you won't even accept that what he did was clearly not within the rules (doing some incredible mental gymnastics in the process to avoid condemning him) points to this quite considerably. You've not yet provided any explanation as to how a 45 minute drive to a clear tourist site was in any way within the rules, that's all I'm looking for. At best you've admitted it was "a bit dodgy".

Oh, and for what it's worth - all the people in your meme, I haven't said their actions were okay either. You're the only one clinging to a specific person and doing gymnastics to justify their actions that you wouldn't do with any of the other people you referenced. THAT'S bias.

As for you "ancient history" argument - fine, we won't discuss anything from more than 6 months ago. That means you also can't bring up anything about Labour antisemitism from then, since that's "ancient history" too. Or anything from when Blair was PM, since that's also "ancient history".
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

The implication made by Keir Starmer yesterday that Tier 4 is not lockdown is incredibly dangerous. With it looking more likely that the remaining 22% of the country will go into lockdown, I suspect we won't see the figures come down in the way we want to...
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

This is all Labour's fault!
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Boris making an emergency broadcast at 8pm. Doesn't take a genius to work out what's going to happen.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

I'd hardly call it a proper lockdown until schools close. They're the best possible environment for diseases to spread rapidly.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Schools aren't opening here. I get the impression that the E+W response has been driven by Scotland again.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 pm The implication made by Keir Starmer yesterday that Tier 4 is not lockdown is incredibly dangerous. With it looking more likely that the remaining 22% of the country will go into lockdown, I suspect we won't see the figures come down in the way we want to...
Ben Wilson wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:09 pm I'd hardly call it a proper lockdown until schools close. They're the best possible environment for diseases to spread rapidly.
There's no single definition of lockdown anyway. I'm not sure if the government have even used that term to describe any of the restrictions.

I mean, it's not really lockdown if you can leave your house at all. None of our lockdowns have really been anything approaching an actual lockdown.
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Post by Noel Mc »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 pm The implication made by Keir Starmer yesterday that Tier 4 is not lockdown is incredibly dangerous. With it looking more likely that the remaining 22% of the country will go into lockdown, I suspect we won't see the figures come down in the way we want to...
Hahaha
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Tier 4 literally means “stay at home”. Other than education, support bubbles, and worship, the rules in Tier 4 are literally what they were in March.

So yes, people in Tier 4 are already in lockdown.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I've managed to source a sneak preview of Boris Johnson's speech this evening.
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Post by Noel Mc »

'Schools being open' is a pretty big difference to March.

I'm more laughing at the insinuation that Starmer could cause people to ignore rules by what he said. He's a muppet like, but that's just dumb.

I my be inferring incorrectly from what you said, in which case I apologise!
Dave Robjohns
Rookie

Post by Dave Robjohns »

Well, I'm glad they ensured there was one token day of school before the lockdown so the kids could all reunite with minimal social distancing. Just what we needed to slow down the new variant!
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Noel Mc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:36 pm 'Schools being open' is a pretty big difference to March.

I'm more laughing at the insinuation that Starmer could cause people to ignore rules by what he said. He's a muppet like, but that's just dumb.

I my be inferring incorrectly from what you said, in which case I apologise!
Yes - I was trying to say there's not much difference between what Starmer was calling for and what we were already in. Starmer actually didn't call for schools to be closed, and the Labour front bench were still saying schools should be open this morning.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Margaret Ferrier has been arrested by the way.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:31 pm Tiers 2 and 3 are basically lockdown. Almost all of England will remain in effective lockdown. Once you reach not being able to meet people inside, anything else on top of that is relatively minor.
I know this contradicts what I just said abve about none of this really being lockdown, but what I meant really is that they're not much different from the "lockdown" we had on March or what we have now in terms of getting on with our lives - in particular our social lives.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I overheard a woman - no mask - in Morrisons today saying “I’ve still got to self-isolate for a bit”.

I’m not saying we should make murder legal, but people like this are the problem.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Clap for Heroes (previously known as Clap for Carers) is coming back this evening at 8. Was there a big debate on c4c around March/April time about this? I seem to remember one but can't find it - although admittedly I haven't looked very hard.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Callum Todd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:01 pm Clap for Heroes (previously known as Clap for Carers) is coming back this evening at 8. Was there a big debate on c4c around March/April time about this? I seem to remember one but can't find it - although admittedly I haven't looked very hard.
I'm more interested in Boo for Boris.

I'm also concerened as I am shielding, that my neighbours will think I'm not caring as I am not opening my doors.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Callum Todd wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:01 pm Clap for Heroes (previously known as Clap for Carers) is coming back this evening at 8. Was there a big debate on c4c around March/April time about this? I seem to remember one but can't find it - although admittedly I haven't looked very hard.
I think it was nice at the time, but we're not a nation of performing seals. Let's just leave that idea behind us...
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:42 pm
I think it was nice at the time, but we're not a nation of performing seals. Let's just leave that idea behind us...
If this government keeps gaslighting me I will burst into flames
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I'm guessing you mean this thread? Look harder next time.
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:51 pm
I'm guessing you mean this thread? Look harder next time.
Yes sir.
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

I have two separate criteria that both could be seen as a minimum required level for any form of normality.

1. parkrun comes back (obviously).

2. When we can meet at least one person not from our house or support bubble inside.

I think 2 is much neglected. When we had the tier system, on the news they always interviewed pub/cafe owners etc. and they talked about how bad tier 3 was because they had to close. Sure, but not everything is about businesses. People need people. And tier 2 fails this. Especially in the winter when travelling 10 miles to meet your friend(s) just to chat outside in the freezing cold is just unrealistic.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I see that we currently have the most deaths of Coronavirus per capita.
It is very easy to blame the government but i think we are are being more thorough/honest with our stats.
I mean for example, Japan want the postponed Olympics to take place so i can understand why they wiuld massage figures.
Other countries do not test ad vigorous as we do, for example the African continent is just behind Australasia as the lowest continent for coronavirus cases.
I dont usually stick up for the government, but I dont think ite their fault.
We are in lockdown but cases are rising.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

By the way, has anyone on here had their first dose of the vaccine yet? Peter, maybe?

Thank you very much. I'm here all week.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I see Matt Hancock is self isolating after allegedly being naughty playing rugby.
Nice try.

I'm here all year
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Gavin Chipper wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:10 am By the way, has anyone on here had their first dose of the vaccine yet? Peter, maybe?

Thank you very much. I'm here all week.
My first dose is this Saturday and the follow up in April
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Marc Meakin wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:53 am I see that we currently have the most deaths of Coronavirus per capita.
It is very easy to blame the government but i think we are are being more thorough/honest with our stats.
I mean for example, Japan want the postponed Olympics to take place so i can understand why they wiuld massage figures.
Other countries do not test ad vigorous as we do, for example the African continent is just behind Australasia as the lowest continent for coronavirus cases.
I dont usually stick up for the government, but I dont think ite their fault.
We are in lockdown but cases are rising.
New case rates are on the decrease, deaths are still rising see https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Got my first shot this morning? Felt a bit naughty.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matt Morrison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm Got my first shot this morning?
I dunno - you tell us.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matt Morrison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:41 pm Got my first shot this morning? Felt a bit naughty.
Isnt it a bit after the horse has bolted?
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

I am sick and tired of the BBC and Sky telling us we need longer and harder lockdown.

Lockdowns should be a last resort, and if you don’t think so then you really don’t understand how much we are suffering.

Perhaps journalists, WHO ARE EXEMPT FROM LOCKDOWN, shouldn’t be celebrating with glee like Beth Rigby was back in November about lockdown announcements.

All to “protect” an outdated and bureaucratic health service in dire need of scrapping and restarting from scratch anyway. Lockdowns 1 and 3 at least had this justification, lockdown 2 never did.

The cure, for me, and for many, is worse than the virus could ever have been. So to hear the likes of Neil Ferguson say we should be in full lockdown until May (then what’s the fucking point of the fucking vaccine!?) just leaves me at the end of my tether.

SAGE have got it wrong at every stage and I’ve had it up to here with them, it’s ruined my life by prolonging the misery longer than it needed to be. Flattening the curve is exactly what that did.

Since 5 Nov we have had just 3 weeks out of lockdown here in London.

Throw in a laptop that has mood swings like a teenager and I'm just in a horrible place.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Rhys Benjamin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:52 pm I am sick and tired of the BBC and Sky telling us we need longer and harder lockdown.

Lockdowns should be a last resort, and if you don’t think so then you really don’t understand how much we are suffering.

Perhaps journalists, WHO ARE EXEMPT FROM LOCKDOWN, shouldn’t be celebrating with glee like Beth Rigby was back in November about lockdown announcements.

All to “protect” an outdated and bureaucratic health service in dire need of scrapping and restarting from scratch anyway. Lockdowns 1 and 3 at least had this justification, lockdown 2 never did.

The cure, for me, and for many, is worse than the virus could ever have been. So to hear the likes of Neil Ferguson say we should be in full lockdown until May (then what’s the fucking point of the fucking vaccine!?) just leaves me at the end of my tether.

SAGE have got it wrong at every stage and I’ve had it up to here with them, it’s ruined my life by prolonging the misery longer than it needed to be. Flattening the curve is exactly what that did.

Since 5 Nov we have had just 3 weeks out of lockdown here in London.

Throw in a laptop that has mood swings like a teenager and I'm just in a horrible place.
Never has one post enraged me and inspired feelings of sympathy in equal measure. I genuinely hope you feel better, you cretinous empty vessel of a Tory agenda parrot.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

One of my nephews' teachers has died from COVID. I found myself quite shocked by that.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I think we are in lockdown until at least May
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

I too hope Rhys gets better*

*(changes his political views)