New members

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Ian Dent
Devotee

New members

Post by Ian Dent »

I have been trying to get a few of my friends to join up to Apterous.

And I can't log in from work so please could someone let me know if there are some newbies playing?

Would be very pleasing for me. Thank you.

x
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: New members

Post by Charlie Reams »

There are 3 new accounts today, under the names Colin Morris, Bonz Oid, and Ignatius Planetrugby. I mean seriously, what kind of name is Colin Morris?

None of them have played any games though.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

Ignatius is a pal of mine. He has said he is struggling to get playing. I am trying to guide him through it.
Ian Dent
Devotee

Post by Ian Dent »

Many newbies today?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Quite a few, although Andy Shadwick is the only one who's actually played.
Clare Sudbery
Enthusiast

Post by Clare Sudbery »

Would it be cheeky to request basic user's guide for how to get started? I was utterly mystified when I first arrived and couldn't find Help or Instructions links anywhere. Of course they probably do exist and I was just crap at finding them. I know this stuff can be time consuming though so please ignore me if you're too busy.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Clare Sudbery wrote:Would it be cheeky to request basic user's guide for how to get started? I was utterly mystified when I first arrived and couldn't find Help or Instructions links anywhere. Of course they probably do exist and I was just crap at finding them. I know this stuff can be time consuming though so please ignore me if you're too busy.
I don't think there are any instructions. I suggested it once, and Charlie said something like "If you write them." I would have thought though that writing a few simple instructions would be a negligible feat compared to writing the Apterous program itself, which is clearly a great feat of engineering.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote: I don't think there are any instructions. I suggested it once, and Charlie said something like "If you write them." I would have thought though that writing a few simple instructions would be a negligible feat compared to writing the Apterous program itself, which is clearly a great feat of engineering.
Pretty much anyone could write a manual for it, whereas not many people can program it, so it doesn't make sense for me to spend time on a manual.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote: I don't think there are any instructions. I suggested it once, and Charlie said something like "If you write them." I would have thought though that writing a few simple instructions would be a negligible feat compared to writing the Apterous program itself, which is clearly a great feat of engineering.
Pretty much anyone could write a manual for it, whereas not many people can program it, so it doesn't make sense for me to spend time on a manual.
I couldn't write it though because I haven't played many of the obscure variants so don't know enough about them. :P
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote: I couldn't write it though because I haven't played many of the obscure variants so don't know enough about them. :P
I dunno. Maybe I'll write it sometime when I'm bored at work, or drained of programming ideas, or something. But I'm sure it would be better if someone else wrote it.