Game of the Week

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Game of the Week

Post by Paul Howe »

Starting from next Sunday I'll be running a weekly poll to determine the best game from the previous week. I'll be ferretting around in the apterous archive and thread of brag to find worthy games, but I can't possibly cover everything, so if you know of a particularly noteworthy game either PM or email me. Games of all types will be considered, from regulation 15 rounders to 3-second hypernumbers attacks, and the winning games will be memorialised in an archive on the main apterous site.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Game of the Week

Post by Charlie Reams »

Woo!
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Shame you're starting from next week. This epic game would have been a worthy first winner.

*chortle*snort*
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Some solid scoring there...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

I'd like to nominate

http://apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=19039

As conundrum attacks go, this is about as good as it gets.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Thanks Junaid, that's a stormer.

Everyone else, we have 5 excellent games in a variety of disciplines so far, but please keep the recommendations coming! They don't necessarily have to be super high quality like the above: maybe they feature a great comeback or the lead changing hands many times, or a couple of really unusual spots.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

I've been having some absolutely awesome speed games with Corby. This is by far the best speed game I've been involved in. Ever.

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=19144
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Junaid Mubeen wrote:I've been having some absolutely awesome speed games with Corby. This is by far the best speed game I've been involved in. Ever.

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=19144
I thought about nominating this too, but I didn't know if it would come across how exciting it was... every round maxed bar the conundrum, and only 5 rounds tied meaning NINE max winners, including a fairly "rare" niner each. Quality. And well done for being victorious :)
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

You guys are good enough to be playing GoatBlitz at a standard where it is best enjoyed. I suggest you do this instead of wasting your time with boring old gay Countdown!
Junaid Mubeen
Series 59 Champion

Post by Junaid Mubeen »

Jon Corby wrote: And well done for being victorious :)
That was my only reason for posting to be honest, didnt really care much about all that other stuff you said. Once again for those who missed it, I BEAT CORBY!!!!

And now for a victory dance...
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Kirk has recently been added to my (very short) list of 'very good' people I have beaten (even though it was Unlimited, I'm still claiming it).
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kai Laddiman wrote:Kirk has recently been added to my (very short) list of 'very good' people I have beaten (even though it was Unlimited, I'm still claiming it).
That's great and everything, but you beat him at a game which is basically not Countdown. Maybe you should try beating him at darts, I heard he's crap at that.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Kai Laddiman wrote:Kirk has recently been added to my (very short) list of 'very good' people I have beaten (even though it was Unlimited, I'm still claiming it).
That's great and everything, but you beat him at a game which is basically not Countdown. Maybe you should try beating him at darts, I heard he's crap at that.
Brilliant idea.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Charlie Reams wrote: That's great and everything, but you beat him at a game which is basically not Countdown. Maybe you should try beating him at darts, I heard he's crap at that.
Ah, nice one Charlie, you reminded me that darts was on and I'd forgotten to stick it on. Cheers.