Top Gear

Discuss anything interesting but not remotely Countdown-related here.

Moderator: Jon O'Neill

Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Top Gear

Post by Oliver Garner »

Calling all fans of the hit BBC2 show. Personally, I think it is the second best show on television (after countdown). Anyone agree?
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Re: Top Gear

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Oliver Garner wrote:Calling all fans of the hit BBC2 show. Personally, I think it is the second best show on television (after countdown). Anyone agree?
I agree with you :D

I like the races myself, especially the one last series that took place in Japan :D and I actually also liked it when Hammond and May had the 2 football games in the Aygo's and the Fox's.

Carol Vorderman and Richard Whiteley have both been Stars-In-The-Reasonably-Priced-Car, so I'm curious as to whether the new host and co-host have also been on Top Gear too. I don't think Susie has and I would like to see her do the lap too.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Nah, they can keep destroying vehicles in silly ways all they like, but it still won't be big or clever. Or particularly entertaining.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Top Gear is definitely required viewing in our house on a Sunday evening! :)
It's great fun, despite (perhaps because of) the lack of political correctness, and the destruction. :D
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

We watch it too - hilarious stuff!
The three of them are great together and it's one of the few programmes hubby and I enjoy watching together (Heroes and 24 are the others)

Oh, and Countdown of course ;)
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Allan Harmer
Enthusiast

Post by Allan Harmer »

It's regular viewing for my kids and I do have a few laughs at it. My favourite regular feature is 'star in a reasonably priced car'. I am not a petrol head and the fast cars going round and round make me giddy and bored.

Unfortunately, I am outnumbered in our house by 3 Sci Fi fans. They love Dr Who, Star Trek, Torchwood, et al.
When these progs are on I do the crossword or log into C4CCD or apterous.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I don't know if anyone caught the race in Vietnam back in December, but that had to be one of their best races ever.

The challenge was, that they had to travel 1000 miles from Hồ Chí Minh City (Saigon), at the bottom of Vietnam to Hạ Long city, near Hanoi (Hà Nội) at the top in eight days, on motorbikes.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Post by Katherine Birkett »

On February 15th 2007, I actually WENT to a recording of the show and met Jeremy, James and Richard! Series 9 programme 4, the Robin Reliant Shuttle. Utterly brilliant fun!
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Katherine Birkett wrote:On February 15th 2007, I actually WENT to a recording of the show and met Jeremy, James and Richard! Series 9 programme 4, the Robin Reliant Shuttle. Utterly brilliant fun!
Very nice indeed Katherine :).

That shuttle was brilliant, especially when it didn't separate and it crashed and blew up the Robin Reliant :lol:
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Katherine Birkett wrote:On February 15th 2007, I actually WENT to a recording of the show and met Jeremy, James and Richard! Series 9 programme 4, the Robin Reliant Shuttle. Utterly brilliant fun!
Great stuff, Katherine! :)
One of my sons is keen to see a recording, so I got on the waiting list, which is apparently 2 years long! :o
They say that cancellations are possible, though.
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Julie T wrote:Great stuff, Katherine! :)
One of my sons is keen to see a recording, so I got on the waiting list, which is apparently 2 years long! :o
They say that cancellations are possible, though.
Two years is a long time, but it's gotta be worth the wait indeed :)

Keep us updated on that :)
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

When I got the call to go, my legs nearly collapsed under me, I was so shocked! I just about managed to stagger through to the kitchen and blurt out the details.... then I ran round the living room whooping and screaming like an insane ninny.

James May was sooooooooooooo........................ :shock: :mrgreen: ** Blushes and giggles **
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Top Gear is shit and Clarkson is a moron. IMO.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Katherine Birkett wrote:When I got the call to go, my legs nearly collapsed under me, I was so shocked! I just about managed to stagger through to the kitchen and blurt out the details.... then I ran round the living room whooping and screaming like an insane ninny.

James May was sooooooooooooo........................ :shock: :mrgreen: ** Blushes and giggles **
Oh, it's not just me, then! :)

Jeremy is such an ugly old sod, and Richard is too boyishly 'pretty pretty' IYKWIM, but James is rather gorgeous. :D
He can come over and alphabetically arrange my tools anytime. ;)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Julie T wrote: He can come over and alphabetically arrange my tools anytime. ;)
Brilliant.
Katherine Birkett
Rookie

Julie T wrote: He can come over and alphabetically arrange my tools anytime. ;)
Join the queue! :mrgreen:
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Katherine Birkett wrote:When I got the call to go, my legs nearly collapsed under me, I was so shocked! I just about managed to stagger through to the kitchen and blurt out the details.... then I ran round the living room whooping and screaming like an insane ninny.

So I take it then you don't like Richard Hammond or Jeremy Clarkson :lol: