Spoilers for Friday May 1st 2015 (S72 P77)

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

Jordan F
Kiloposter

Spoilers for Friday May 1st 2015 (S72 P77)

Post by Jordan F »

Liam Thorne is a new winner on Countdown, can he be a new two-time winner today?

Join Anthony for the recap later.
Steven M. McCann
Devotee

Re: Spoilers for Friday May 1st 2015 (S72 P77)

Post by Steven M. McCann »

When Susie allowed GOBSHITE the other day she certainly muddied the waters as regards what is and isn't acceptable, I certainly wouldn't have risked it (although I would have had to spot it first!).
For example would the notorious SHITFACED be allowed now? what about HORSESHIT, BULLSHIT, SHITHEAD, DICKHEAD, ARSEHOLE, no more or less offensive than GOBSHITE in my opinion, yet I somehow doubt she would allow more than 1or2 of them, if that.
I guess we'll probably never know.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Steven M. McCann wrote:When Susie allowed GOBSHITE the other day she certainly muddied the waters as regards what is and isn't acceptable, I certainly wouldn't have risked it (although I would have had to spot it first!).
For example would the notorious SHITFACED be allowed now? what about HORSESHIT, BULLSHIT, SHITHEAD, DICKHEAD, ARSEHOLE, no more or less offensive than GOBSHITE in my opinion, yet I somehow doubt she would allow more than 1or2 of them, if that.
What did she say that would make you think those might not be allowed?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

DIPSHIT
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Steven M. McCann wrote:When Susie allowed GOBSHITE the other day she certainly muddied the waters as regards what is and isn't acceptable, I certainly wouldn't have risked it (although I would have had to spot it first!).
It's just about what's in the dictionary. They might edit out words, and possibly stage fake rounds but where a contestant gets the same number of points, but they would never disallow a word for being rude.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

I wonder if anyone has declared 4 and used the C word during a broadcast ?
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

I think it was obvious that a word that being attempted by DC was taken out in round 5........... :P

IDOLISER in round 2, PAVAGE in round 4, GLOVERS in round 5, BUTEOS/OBTUSE in round 10 and PROFANES in round 12.

2nd Numbers Alt.: (100 - (9 - 4)) x (4 + 2) = 570
3rd Numbers Alt.: (75 x 10) - (8 x 5) - (4 x 3) = 698
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

Would have been shocked at that result if I'd missed the third quarter! The whole game seemed to completely change track after the tinier/tinnier round.