Championship of Champions XIII -- Official Draw

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Championship of Champions XIII -- Official Draw

Post by Damian E »

Okay - here's the draw for the C of C.
Several contestants have asked to see who they are playing, so i might as well reveal all now.
Bear in mind, that this draw is subject to change should any of the participants not be available for the recordings.

C of C DRAW FIRST ROUND

GAME 1 DAVID O’DONNELL V JAMES HURRELL

GAME 2 JUNAID MUBEEN V TONY WARREN

GAME 3 RICHARD BRITTAIN V JON CORBY

GAME 4 RICHARD PRIEST V KAI LADDIMAN

GAME 5 NICK WAINWRIGHT V STEVE BAINES

GAME 6 ANITA FREELAND V JONATHAN COLES

GAME 7 CHARLIE REAMS V JEAN WEBBY

GAME 8 STEVEN BRIERS V AARON WEBBER

For subsequent rounds, the winner of game 1 plays winner of game 8, 2 plays 7, 3 v 6 etc etc.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Re: CoC XIII Discussion Thread

Post by Martin Gardner »

I'll have a wild punt at Steven Briers to win the whole thing. I suppose the obvious one if David O'Donnell but I'd like to be original.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Re: CoC XIII Discussion Thread

Post by David O'Donnell »

Martin Gardner wrote:I'll have a wild punt at Steven Briers to win the whole thing. I suppose the obvious one if David O'Donnell but I'd like to be original.
Steven Briers has been putting in the effort on apterous so not so such a wild punt after all and I have a tough opening game. James may be a beaten quarter-finalist but he had a great octochamp run and was a little out of sorts in the finals. He really doesn't have a weakness either as he is strong in all the disciplines. My bet for the whole thing would be Corby though just based on several online games I have seen.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Championship of Champions XIII -- Official Draw

Post by Charlie Reams »

Corby FTW.

I'm gonna price up the market properly when I get home, and unlike Graham Nash, I'm going to do it before I know the result.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

These would be my odds, and I will actually take bets even though its risking a custodial sentence:

O'Donnell 5/4
Corby 6/4
Briers 9/4
Reams 4/1
Wainwright 13/2
Mubeen 7/1
Priest 10/1
Hurrell 12/1
Coles 16/1
Webber 16/1
Brittain 16/1
Laddiman 18/1
Freeland 20/1
Hansford to turn up anyway and win- 1000/1
Beevers to win by webcam while sat at home practising scrabble- 1/2

Never seen Webby or Warren play though.
Last edited by Matthew Green on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Craig Beevers
Series 57 Champion

Post by Craig Beevers »

Recent practice makes such a difference.

If for instance someone like James Hurrell puts in a few hours then he's just as likely to win as anyone else. Also you could easily find that someone who'd not put any effort in before plays to a high standard this time due to playing on apterous and taking it seriously.

Of course with high standard players games can simply be decided by going the 'right' way on a numbers game, or getting a word come up that you saw last week. So I think it's pretty futile trying to predict too much. Even the best player there would be odds against to win the whole thing.

Looks a pretty juicy game to kick things off with.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

I'd be tempted to have a few quid on Joseph Bolas.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Damian E wrote:I'd be tempted to have a few quid on Joseph Bolas.
**cue a confused response from Joseph**
Paul Gallen

Post by Paul Gallen »

Hi everyone

Did I miss a post on a previous thread? Is Craig not able to play in the Champion of Champions? If so, it's a real shame as Craig had, in my opinion, a great chance to become one of the few people to do the Countdown "double" ( series champion and champion of champions).
Only feels like yesterday when the draw for the last one was made!My money and backing will be on David to win if he gets through that difficult first round tie. But I wouldn't rule out Charlie and one surprise package. All the best to all the contestants.

Paul

PS Regarding the new host, don't know if anyone watched it but I was watching Gilette Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports News last week and Jeff Stelling mixed up the names of two footballers. When everyone laughed at him, Stelling replied "that's it, I'm off to do Countdown" - it's going to be Alexander Armstrong but Jeff Stelling was definitely in the running.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Games 1 and 3 are the stand-out games in that draw, and the prospect of a Doddy/Briers quarter-final is immensely cool. My money's on Corby though. :)
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Paul Gallen wrote:Did I miss a post on a previous thread? Is Craig not able to play in the Champion of Champions?
Yes indeed. These bloody Scrabblers, come over here, taking our women...
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

Interesting draw (assuming it's not some masive headfuck). The game 1/game 8 "quarter" of the draw looks very strong and the Brittain-Corby matchup should be entertaining, I'm excited already :mrgreen:
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

I take it that the contestants were selected before the current series finals were recorded. Otherwise this thread contains some interesting spoilers for series finals. :)

Game 3 is the one I really want to see. Must keep 7th January free.

Others that stand out, look like DOD v Steven Briars, and a possible series 59 repeat of Charlie v Junaid in the QFs

And then a Charlie or Junaid v Corby semi-final to see who plays Doddy or Steven in the final.

But then of course I could be totally wrong :)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Others that stand out, look like DOD v Steven Briars, and a possible series 59 repeat of Charlie v Junaid in the QFs
Don't wipe out James Hurrell that easily, Batman.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:
I did say I could be totally wrong.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:
I agree with that sentiment, James is quality.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Contestants were selected before the series finals, yes.

There are no spoilers anywhere. Junaid, Kai and Charlie were Octochamps and we only had room for 3 people from Series 59. Oh and i don't know what you mean by Jan 7th. At present, we don't plan to be back on air in 2009 until Monday Jan 12th.

Watch this space.
Dan Vanniasingham
Enthusiast

Post by Dan Vanniasingham »

Damian E wrote:I'd be tempted to have a few quid on Joseph Bolas.
COC XIV Final: Bolas d Deshpande by TKO in Rd11 - odds please anyone? ;)

As for COC XIII - every contestant I recognise (which is most of them) was great to watch, and I think winning the coin toss (to have 2 numbers picks) will play a huge part in the outcome. There's not much to separate the best entrants on the letters, but a few 4 large or 6 small numbers games could see one player a favourite in any given match. I hope every entrant can play to their potential - and enjoy the experience.
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Dan Vanniasingham wrote: I hope every entrant can play to their potential - and enjoy the experience.
Cheers, nice sentiments there, Dan.
tonywarren
Rookie

Post by tonywarren »

Its nice to be written off before the start. If Charlie was into gamesmanship then the database would be unavailable and no-one would be able to research their probable opposition. In case anyone is bothered I am one of the all time lowest scoring octochamps, but as Damien says "It's not the score, its winning that counts!".
On a cross thread topic, as there isn't an insane suggestions thread, following A As reported withdrawal as host and in view of the short time scale why not get the CofC XIII contestants to take turns hosting the show. This would give the producers an extra month to find a suitable replacement...
Who says Morris dancing ain't cool...
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

tonywarren wrote: On a cross thread topic, as there isn't an insane suggestions thread, following A As reported withdrawal as host and in view of the short time scale why not get the CofC XIII contestants to take turns hosting the show. This would give the producers an extra month to find a suitable replacement...
Definitely one of the worst ideas ever.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

tonywarren wrote: following A As reported withdrawal as host and in view of the short time scale why not get the CofC XIII contestants to take turns hosting the show. This would give the producers an extra month to find a suitable replacement...

Firstly, we dont need an extra month, all will be fine believe me. You guys believe too much of what is written in the papers. Countdown is in terrific shape and the future is going to be something very special.

Secondly, the thought of you guys taking turns in hosting the show, is perhaps the single-most preposterous thing i have ever read in my entire life. Do you realise you'd have me as your boss, and do you realise that you'd be as comfortable and competent as a microwaved turd?

Love the idea Tony, its given me one hell of a chuckle to be honest, but in all reality, please. We had a hard enough job as it is getting some of you chaps to smile and speak with confidence on the show, but hosting it, come on. I'd sooner host it myself whilst performing a soixante-neuf on Chris Wills than ever contemplate your idea. Loved reading it though, its things like that that make me bounce into the office tomorrow morning knowing there is still a challenge ahead.

Love it.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Damian E wrote:There are no spoilers anywhere. Junaid, Kai and Charlie were Octochamps and we only had room for 3 people from Series 59.
After a few seconds thought, I guessed that was what you'd've done.
Oh and i don't know what you mean by Jan 7th. At present, we don't plan to be back on air in 2009 until Monday Jan 12th.
I'd simply assumed that you we restarting on the first Monday of the New Year.

Thanks for the reply. :)
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Just to update you Howard, we'll be starting on Monday Jan 12th, the guest presenter will be Tony Warren, we'll have the percussionist from Earth, Wind and Fire in the corner and i'll be getting my P45 very soon after.
tonywarren
Rookie

Post by tonywarren »

Glad I made you smile.
Will look up recipes for microwaved turds forthwith. :lol:
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Damian E wrote:Just to update you Howard, we'll be starting on Monday Jan 12th, the guest presenter will be Tony Warren, we'll have the percussionist from Earth, Wind and Fire in the corner and i'll be getting my P45 very soon after.
Glad to here it's Tony W. He'd be my second choice after Jonathan Ross, who now may be available. :lol:
James Hurrell
Acolyte

Post by James Hurrell »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
Howard Somerset wrote:
I agree with that sentiment, James is quality.
You're not too bad yourself David! Let's just hope we kick it off in style with a high quality game to set the tone for the rest of the series.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

tonywarren wrote:Its nice to be written off before the start. If Charlie was into gamesmanship then the database would be unavailable and no-one would be able to research their probable opposition. In case anyone is bothered I am one of the all time lowest scoring octochamps, but as Damien says "It's not the score, its winning that counts!"
Well as pointed out, there's a link between points and skill. I think of Chris McHenry scoring 37 points in a whole game against you, after he'd won 8 games with 643 points. If you're constantly not getting the longest words, the best numbers, having a lot of words disallowed, you're very unlikely to beat David O'Donnell. Not too hard to be an Octochamp if you have to face eight opponents that are weaker than yourself (precisely what happened to me) but playing someone who averages 110 points a game is a lot harder. Out of the 41 times that two Octochamps have played each other in the quarter-, semi- or final of a Series, the higher ranked Octochamp has won 32 of those 41 matches, which is about 78%.
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Damian E wrote:
tonywarren wrote: following A As reported withdrawal as host and in view of the short time scale why not get the CofC XIII contestants to take turns hosting the show. This would give the producers an extra month to find a suitable replacement...

I'd sooner host it myself whilst performing a soixante-neuf on Chris Wills than ever contemplate your idea. Loved reading it though, its things like that that make me bounce into the office tomorrow morning knowing there is still a challenge ahead.

Love it.

:o :lol: This post has just had me laughing like a lunatic in a public library and having everyone looking at me more strangely than usual: was worth it though.
Ben Pugh
Enthusiast

Post by Ben Pugh »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Damian E wrote:

I'd sooner host it myself whilst performing a soixante-neuf on Chris Wills than ever contemplate your idea. Loved reading it though, its things like that that make me bounce into the office tomorrow morning knowing there is still a challenge ahead.

Love it.

:o :lol: This post has just had me laughing like a lunatic in a public library and having everyone looking at me more strangely than usual: was worth it though.
It's forced me into therapy.
Tom
Acolyte

Post by Tom »

Thought when I read this for a sec there were spoilers and it meant that the 3 from this series in the C of C, 1 of those 3 would have won the series. There's still a bit of the current series to run so who's to say Jeffrey Hansford II comes in, scores 950, is a clear favourite then gets disqualified (jokes)

Can't really say much about the draw as I don't know many of the names but good luck to everyone involved. No doubt it will be great viewing. Also its sad not to see Craig in the running as it would have been interesting. Its a bit like if Julian Fell dropped out the C of C I was in (can't believe that was 6 years ago)

Late from me as always, but well done on your Octochamp status Charlie ,hope you kept it up in the finals.
Probably the second tallest ever series finalist.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Craig Beevers wrote:Even the best player there would be odds against to win the whole thing.
Probably, but not because that would always be the case but because any favourite in this particular CofC is not far enough ahead to be odds on. I think a bookmaker would probably have made you odds on favourite had you been playing, and also Julian Fell in his one, although obviously he failed to win anyway.

Matthew Green has put O'Donnell, Corby and Briers as top three in the odds - I'd certainly go along with that. I'm not 100% sure about the order of those three or the odds, but I'd put those three at the top.

Edit - I think you've massively underrated Brittain based on performance on the show though.
Last edited by Gavin Chipper on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Damian E wrote:For subsequent rounds, the winner of game 1 plays winner of game 8, 2 plays 7, 3 v 6 etc etc.
Presumably this isn't seeded in a 1-16 way, so why not just have winner of 1 plays winner of 2, 3v4 etc? I don't mean that the draw has to be different as such, but you could out the current number 8 game at number 2 and so on so that all the same people play each other.
Conor
Series 54 Champion

Post by Conor »

It's hard to pick a clear favourite. I think Matthew has it pretty well with the odds, although I'd probably reduce Hurrell's and Brittain's odd, although the latter may claim the Jews faked the CoC anyway. Also, I notice an infinitely higher proportion of female contestants in this CoC in comparison to the previous one, so male domination ( :shock: ) has subsided somewhat.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

James, Junaid and RB would all be lower odds with a better draw I suppose. Not that it means anything. Other than that I need to get a life.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Matthew Green wrote:James, Junaid and RB would all be lower odds with a better draw I suppose. Not that it means anything. Other than that I need to get a life.
I think you've given Junaid quite generous odds anyway. And where are Webby, Baines and Warren? Also, yes Brittain has got to play Corby in the first round but you've got him equal with Webber and Coles who I would have as something like 66/1 outsiders. Also I think Nick Wainwright, while a series champion, is an unlikely overall victor. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Conor wrote:Also, I notice an infinitely higher proportion of female contestants in this CoC in comparison to the previous one, so male domination ( :shock: ) has subsided somewhat.
I wonder if Jean Webby was picked just to "even it up". Four from that one series!
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Damian E wrote:Okay - here's the draw for the C of C.
Several contestants have asked to see who they are playing, so i might as well reveal all now.
Bear in mind, that this draw is subject to change should any of the participants not be available for the recordings.

C of C DRAW FIRST ROUND

GAME 1 DAVID O’DONNELL V JAMES HURRELL

GAME 2 JUNAID MUBEEN V TONY WARREN

GAME 3 RICHARD BRITTAIN V JON CORBY

GAME 4 RICHARD PRIEST V KAI LADDIMAN

GAME 5 NICK WAINWRIGHT V STEVE BAINES

GAME 6 ANITA FREELAND V JONATHAN COLES

GAME 7 CHARLIE REAMS V JEAN WEBBY

GAME 8 STEVEN BRIERS V AARON WEBBER

For subsequent rounds, the winner of game 1 plays winner of game 8, 2 plays 7, 3 v 6 etc etc.
Was the draw seeded at all, not necessarily 1-16, but were certain players, like champions, kept apart? Did you pick the draw or was it random? Personally I'm a bit disappointed to see Richard Brittain and Jon Corby play in the first round.
Damian E
Enthusiast

Post by Damian E »

Manna from heaven for you this, isn't it Gavin?

Personally, i don't really care what you think, and i mean that in a polite sense.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Wow, the absence of Beevers has blown this wide open, only a complete cretin would try and predict the winner now.

I reckon David O'Donnell will win it :)
tonywarren
Rookie

Post by tonywarren »

If I had any money I'd put in on Jon Corby. If 2 years has been long enough to recover from Conor fatigue. :P
David O'Donnell
Series 58 Champion

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Matthew Green wrote:James, Junaid and RB would all be lower odds with a better draw I suppose. Not that it means anything. Other than that I need to get a life.
I think you've given Junaid quite generous odds anyway. And where are Webby, Baines and Warren? Also, yes Brittain has got to play Corby in the first round but you've got him equal with Webber and Coles who I would have as something like 66/1 outsiders. Also I think Nick Wainwright, while a series champion, is an unlikely overall victor. Maybe I'm thinking about this too much.
I wouldn't underestimate Nick if I were you. He has been doing the practice on apterous and is lightning fast on the conundrums. Messrs Briers, Hurrell, Corby and Wainright are all higher rated than me on that site.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
I wouldn't underestimate Nick if I were you. He has been doing the practice on apterous and is lightning fast on the conundrums. Messrs Briers, Hurrell, Corby and Wainright are all higher rated than me on that site.
Actually I've played Nick a few times and he's much better than me, but then again that's not saying much.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
But you've only played 23 games, right?
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

It's too bad Carol won't be there to be sexually aroused by Jonathon Coles' manly yet smooth demeanor.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

On the same subject, if the new mathematician is male, shameless flirting with Kai a la Vorderman will just not be appropriate.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

The ordering of the games makes it a little difficult to see how things might unfold, so I made this diagram showing the possibilities in more digestible format. Most notable is that the two favourites, Jon Corby and David O'Donnell, are in opposite sides of the draw, so that looks like the most likely final (if any particular pairing can be called likely.) I've also replaced Aaron Webber with Martin Bishop, following Aaron's withdrawal.

I'll do one of these for the current final once the seedings are known.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Matthew Green wrote:These would be my odds, and I will actually take bets even though its risking a custodial sentence:

O'Donnell 5/4
Corby 6/4
Briers 9/4
Reams 4/1
Wainwright 13/2
Mubeen 7/1
Priest 10/1
Hurrell 12/1
Coles 16/1
Webber 16/1
Brittain 16/1
Laddiman 18/1
Freeland 20/1

Totally underestimating Jonathon Coles I think and (sorry) I'd put Kai's odds even higher.
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Jimmy wrote:
Matthew Green wrote:These would be my odds, and I will actually take bets even though its risking a custodial sentence:

O'Donnell 5/4
Corby 6/4
Briers 9/4
Reams 4/1
Wainwright 13/2
Mubeen 7/1
Priest 10/1
Hurrell 12/1
Coles 16/1
Webber 16/1
Brittain 16/1
Laddiman 18/1
Freeland 20/1

Totally underestimating Jonathon Coles I think and (sorry) I'd put Kai's odds even higher.
Um, thanks?
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

It seems you've put "someone" from Series 59 in bold on the Countdown Wiki page, does that mean that he's the series champion? It's a massive spoiler if it is, I just looked out of the page out of curiosity I didn't expect it to be a huge spoiler.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jimmy wrote:

O'Donnell 5/4
Corby 6/4
Briers 9/4
Reams 4/1
Wainwright 13/2
Mubeen 7/1
Priest 10/1
Hurrell 12/1
Coles 16/1
Webber 16/1
Brittain 16/1
Laddiman 18/1
Freeland 20/1

I disagree about Jonathan Coles. If I were doing odds, they would be spaced out more - the outsiders would have higher odds than 16 or 20 to 1, and Jonathan Coles would be an outsider for me. I'd be very surprised if he won the whole thing, more than if Kai did.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

O'Donnell 5/4
Corby 6/4
Briers 9/4
Reams 4/1
Wainwright 13/2
Mubeen 7/1
Priest 10/1
Hurrell 12/1
Coles 16/1
Webber 16/1
Brittain 16/1
Laddiman 18/1
Freeland 20/1

Um, thanks?
No problem. Prove me wrong ;)
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
I disagree about Jonathan Coles. If I were doing odds, they would be spaced out more - the outsiders would have higher odds than 16 or 20 to 1, and Jonathan Coles would be an outsider for me. I'd be very surprised if he won the whole thing, more than if Kai did.
I don't see your reasoning at all. Jonathon Coles could quite easily have won the series. Your basing it on media attention and the fact that Kai is so noticable and Jonathon totally isn't. I'd probably put him near Charlie. Then again he might not have practised for ages, etc. I don't know why I bothered to type this but oh well.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Considering I compiled this list in about 90 seconds without any prior consideration I think its pretty bloody accurate.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

Matthew Green wrote:Considering I compiled this list in about 90 seconds without any prior consideration I think its pretty bloody accurate.
Yeah it is.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jimmy wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
I don't see your reasoning at all. Jonathon Coles could quite easily have won the series. Your basing it on media attention and the fact that Kai is so noticable and Jonathon totally isn't. I'd probably put him near Charlie. Then again he might not have practised for ages, etc. I don't know why I bothered to type this but oh well.
How do you know what I'm basing it on? I don't actually think Kai has a massive chance, but the post was mainly about Jonathan Coles. He scored highly in his first game which people remember, and ran David O'Donnell close, but his games weren't particularly notable other than that. At this level, I can't see him being anything other than an also-ran.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Martin Gardner wrote:It seems you've put "someone" from Series 59 in bold on the Countdown Wiki page, does that mean that he's the series champion? It's a massive spoiler if it is, I just looked out of the page out of curiosity I didn't expect it to be a huge spoiler.
Without bothering to check any dates, I wonder if it was out in as a "pretend spoiler" put up before the finals of the series were recorded, and then Charlie will come along and reveal the joke and we'll all split our sides.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Gavin Chipper wrote:Without bothering to check any dates, I wonder if it was out in as a "pretend spoiler" put up before the finals of the series were recorded ...
Doesn't look like that to me. According to press reports I've seen, the final was recorded last week.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:Without bothering to check any dates, I wonder if it was out in as a "pretend spoiler" put up before the finals of the series were recorded ...
Doesn't look like that to me. According to press reports I've seen, the final was recorded last week.
Yeah, from what I understand the final must have been recorded on the 13th November and the spoiler put up on the 14th. If it is as I understand, it seems a bit of a schoolboy error!
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

Gavin Chipper wrote:Yeah, from what I understand the final must have been recorded on the 13th November and the spoiler put up on the 14th. If it is as I understand, it seems a bit of a schoolboy error!
Or maybe it was just a typo. Yes, the final was recorded on the 13th, as has been widely reported, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I agree that it might increase the probability, but don't let it spoil the outcome of the series for you! The person in bold may, or may not, have become series champion.