Apterous World Cup - Group Stages - League Tables

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Apterous World Cup - Group Stages - League Tables

Post by Matt Morrison »

See Apterous World Cup - Team Assignations & Group Stages for more information about the structure of the tournament and how to play.
See Apterous World Cup - Group Stages - Fixtures & Results for the scores of completed matches for the group stages.
See Apterous World Cup - Knockout Stage for details of the knockout stage obviously, you numpty.

Group Stage League Tables
Depending on how quickly matches start getting played, these tables may or may not be current. I'll try and keep the results above as up-to-date as possible, but if loads of match results start coming in, it's fairly likely there might be a delay on group tables being updated.
Record shown as Won-Lost-Drawn, F/A is goals for and goals against, GD goal difference. 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.
Top two teams in each group advance to the knockout stages, with goal difference, goals for, head-to-head, and finally my steaming hot genitals being used to separate people.

Group A
1st Image Mexico (Ben Wilson) - Record: 3-0-0 - F/A: 16-11 - GD: 5 - Points: 9
2nd Image Uruguay (Ryan Taylor) - Record: 2-1-0 - F/A: 17-14 - GD: 3 - Points: 6

3rd Image France (Ben Hunter) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 15-18 - GD: -3 - Points: 3
4th Image South Africa (Chris Philpot) - Record: 0-3-0 - F/A: 12-17 - GD: -5 - Points: 0

Group B
1st Image Greece (Jon O'Neill) - Record: 2-0-1 - F/A: 19-16 - GD: 3 - Points: 7
2nd Image Argentina (Oliver Garner) - Record: 1-1-1 - F/A: 18-17 - GD: 1 - Points: 4

3rd Image Nigeria (Lloyd Pettet) - Record: 1-1-1 - F/A: 17-18 - GD: -1 - Points: 4
4th Image Korea Republic (Niall Seymour) - Record: 0-2-1 - F/A: 15-18 - GD: -3 - Points: 1

Group C
1st Image USA (Charlie Reams) - Record: 2-0-1 - F/A: 20-16 - GD: 4 - Points: 7
2nd Image England (Eoin Monaghan) - Record: 1-0-2 - F/A: 19-16 - GD: 3 - Points: 5

3rd Image Slovenia (Dan Seasmith) - Record: 0-1-2 - F/A: 17-19 - GD: -2 - Points: 2
4th Image Algeria (James Doohan) - Record: 0-2-1 - F/A: 15-20 - GD: -5 - Points: 1

Group D
1st Image Germany (Stuart Arnot) - Record: 3-0-0 - F/A: 20-16 - GD: 4 - Points: 9
2nd Image Serbia (Hugh Binnie) - Record: 1-1-1 - F/A: 17-17 - GD: 0 - Points: 4

3rd Image Australia (Kai Laddiman) - Record: 0-1-2 - F/A: 14-15 - GD: -1 - Points: 2
4th Image Ghana (Michael Wallace) - Record: 0-2-1 - F/A: 15-18 - GD: -3 - Points: 1

Group E
1st Image Netherlands (James Robinson) - Record: 2-0-1 - F/A: 21-17 - GD: 4 - Points: 7
2nd Image Cameroon (Scott Gillies) - Record: 2-1-0 - F/A: 18-16 - GD: 2 - Points: 6

3rd Image Japan (Karen Pearson) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 15-19 - GD: -4 - Points: 3
4th Image Denmark (John Gillies) - Record: 0-2-1 - F/A: 17-19 - GD: -2 - Points: 1

Group F
1st Image Italy (Edward McCullagh) - Record: 2-0-1 - F/A: 19-15 - GD: 4 - Points: 7
2nd Image Slovakia (Tom Rowell) - Record: 2-1-0 - F/A: 17-14 - GD: 3 - Points: 6

3rd Image Paraguay (Matt Morrison) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 14-17 - GD: -3 - Points: 3
4th Image New Zealand (Heather Badcock) - Record: 0-1-1 - F/A: 15-19 - GD: -4 - Points: 1

Group G
1st Image Brazil (Kirk Bevins) - Record: 3-0-0 - F/A: 19-10 - GD: 9 - Points: 9
2nd Image Portugal (Dinos Sfyris) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 18-18 - GD: 0 - Points: 3

3rd Image Côte d'Ivoire (Jim Bentley) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 15-17 - GD: -2 - Points: 3
4th Image Korea DPR (Andy Wilson) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 12-19 - GD: -7 - Points: 3

Group H
1st Image Spain (Innis Carson) - Record: 3-0-0 - F/A: 20-15 - GD: 5 - Points: 9
2nd Image Switzerland (Liam Tiernan) - Record: 2-1-0 - F/A: 18-15 - GD: 3 - Points: 6

3rd Image Chile (Phil Makepeace) - Record: 1-2-0 - F/A: 16-18 - GD: -2 - Points: 3
4th Image Honduras (Ian Dent) - Record: 0-3-0 - F/A: 14-20 - GD: -6 - Points: 0
Last edited by Matt Morrison on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Re: Apterous World Cup - Group Stages - League Tables

Post by Michael Wallace »

Oi, I'm on 2 losses and 1 draw, not 3 losses. Honestly, you're just making me look bad.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:Oi, I'm on 2 losses and 1 draw, not 3 losses. Honestly, you're just making me look bad.
Realised I'd done that as soon as I posted it and then Badcock phoned so I couldn't get to the thread for 10 minutes, all the way not quite being able to concentrate on the conversation whilst thinking "oh god I bet he's seen that I put him on 3 losses and he's crying". Sorted!
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Just a little reminder that the league tables for the group stages are being updated as often as I can, just like the fixtures.
Thought I'd leave this post as because I keep editing the original post, it won't be showing up as being updated in your list of threads. Enjoy.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Congratulations to ENGLAND and the USA for being the first officially qualified teams.
Phil Makepeace
Acolyte

Post by Phil Makepeace »

I won my second match 7-4 so my record is 12-11.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Matt Morrison wrote:Congratulations to ENGLAND and the USA for being the first officially qualified teams.
And Spain.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Marc Meakin wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Congratulations to ENGLAND and the USA for being the first officially qualified teams.
And Spain.
And Holland.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Marc Meakin wrote:
And Spain.
And Holland.
Stop piggybacking on Meakin like a big nasty gay. I knew I'd have a good reason to pre-emptively be mean to you by uncongratulating you're early exit.
I thought my use of 'officially' would be enough to show that I wasn't being stupid and I was only talking about completed groups.
Your/you're deliberately misspelt so you've got something else to NITPICK you bastards tee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Matt Morrison wrote:I thought my use of 'officially' would be enough to show that I wasn't being stupid and I was only talking about completed groups.
Whatever. You're just jealous of my flag.

because it's a bit like a rainbow, and you're a faggot, who likes fainbows, (that's right, fainbows) you fag
Last edited by Michael Wallace on Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:I thought my use of 'officially' would be enough to show that I wasn't being stupid and I was only talking about completed groups.
Whatever. You're just jealous of my flag.
because it's a bit like a rainbow, and you're a faggot, who likes fainbows, you fag
Hahahah. It is the best flag, I'll give you that.
And then I'll wrap you in it and give you a sex too.
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Have to second that. Fair play. Looking exciting there with deciders between Cameroon and Japan and Chile and Switzerland. Be nice if Dinos plays Kirk and I before playing Jim also, as this could be a decider. Assuming Dinos beats me (although my players have been warned by the supreme commander that they face life imprisonment if they return having not gained at least a point) it makes the other two big games! This is where it gets exciting!
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

warning: Group B's done one
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

All updates and shit.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Matt Morrison wrote:Group F
1st Image Italy (Edward McCullagh) - Record: 2-0-1 - F/A: 19-15 - GD: 4 - Points: 4
Matt, unless I'm not mistaken, 2 wins normally mean 6 points rather than 4.

I'm not sure if Edward likes to be ripped off like that, especially as he's Italy. :lol:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Ta, fixed. 2 wins and a draw dude.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Got briefly excited when I saw that from the Group G table, Kirk only needs to beat Dinos by 2 and my mighty Ivory Coast warriors will undeservedly march on to the second round. I think the goal difference is wrong though, Dinos should have +1 instead of -1. So Kirk actually needs to beat him by 4, which is pretty improbable (I think a 6-3 win for Kirk would still see Dinos through as it goes on performance in the match between the sides tied on points and goals IIRC - could you confirm Mr. Matt kind sir?).