Spoilers For Tuesday May 11th 2010

Discuss anything that happened in recent games. This is the place to post any words you got that beat Dictionary Corner, or numbers games that evaded Rachel.

Moderator: James Robinson

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Spoilers For Tuesday May 11th 2010

Post by James Robinson »

So, Lee is bidding to become an octochamp today. Oops, no, he's not :!:

That brilliant comeback by Gwen Robinson yesterday means that she's the new champion.

She becomes the first Robinson since....., oh, me to be in the champions' chair. :lol:

Will she last as long, or even longer than I did in the chair.

Find out later.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Re: Spoilers For Tuesday May 11th 2010

Post by JackHurst »

WTF was Jeff talking about when he mentioned fingering that man in the audience?!?!

Though wrathsome might have been good in the round where dc got SOMEWHAT, but its not in.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

JackHurst wrote:WTF was Jeff talking about when he mentioned fingering that man in the audience?!?!
I actually have no idea it sounded so wrong! Possibly fingerprint him or something but that doesn't make sense.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Ryan Taylor wrote:
JackHurst wrote:WTF was Jeff talking about when he mentioned fingering that man in the audience?!?!
I actually have no idea it sounded so wrong! Possibly fingerprint him or something but that doesn't make sense.
Yeah, I had not idea what this was about either.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Haha. Thought Jack was joking but the way Ryan reacted maybe you youngsters haven't heard of 'fingering'.
It was in relation to referring to the challenger's entourage as looking like a police line up - fingering people in terms of investigative policework type thing is pointing the finger at them, suspecting them of being the guilty party.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

You too MW? This is a classic 'cafetiere' moment for me.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Matt Morrison wrote:You too MW? This is a classic 'cafetiere' moment for me.
Ah, I think I must have missed the police lineup line, or at least forgotten it by the end of the show when he made the fingering remark.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Right. I didn't actually listen to the crap at the end, so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just presuming it was connected to the start, that's how Jeff usually rolls.

As such I'm now not sure if Ryan and Jack were asking what fingering meant or if they just didn't get the police lineup link too, so apologies for any offence caused.
Brian Moore
Devotee

Post by Brian Moore »

Matt Morrison wrote:Haha. Thought Jack was joking but the way Ryan reacted maybe you youngsters haven't heard of 'fingering'.
It was in relation to referring to the challenger's entourage as looking like a police line up - fingering people in terms of investigative policework type thing is pointing the finger at them, suspecting them of being the guilty party.
When I heard it, I thought it might be taken, deliberately or otherwise, a different way.

In a similar vein, the leader of a big band I play in decided to give the bass player the epithet 'Fingers' in a concert announcement, the only problem being that "David Fingers George" was the resulting name. Fortunately it was Sidmouth, so no-one noticed.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

ASSARTED as a beater in round 7. Was impressed with the challenger today - pushed me all the way - he must have hit a lot of maximums for a debut, impressive stuff. I like his tones too.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Matt Morrison wrote:Haha. Thought Jack was joking but the way Ryan reacted maybe you youngsters haven't heard of 'fingering'.
Thanks for clearing that up MWM.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

Kirk Bevins wrote:I like his tones too.
Do you mean the way he announces his declarations rather than asking them?
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Hugh Binnie wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:I like his tones too.
Do you mean the way he announces his declarations rather than asking them?
No, he meant his toned body.